Succesfull install on Abit IP35 Pro

madCowCR

58 posts in this topic

got my internet to work.. but my video is stuck on one resolution and tried the NVinject and now it won't boot past the first grey screen.. the ticker hangs.. any advice on how to get past it? thanks

Hello guys!!!

i still need help here... i formated my HDD as normal, unmount it, then APPLIED EFI v8 and start installing KALYWAY LEO 10.5.1... (in customize i choose VANILLA KERNEL & ACPI PS2 bla bla + EFI GUID bootloader).. the sound, graphic & network i didn't check.

After installation, boot fine but after restart... cannot 2nd boot anymore !!!!!!! i tried remove the DVD in my drive & saw a B0 error... i tried the steps in this forum said i need to BOOT using DVD and use " -s "& go to TERMINAL and do the "fdisk" thing !

then i tried to boot using DVD by "-S" single user mode... now im stuck at a screen saying BSM AUDITING PRESENT ... i waited for HOURS & NOTHING HAPPEN !

help !

• 1 month later...

I'll be reinstalling my IP35-Pro this week... I've also had the problems mentioned in other posts with shutdown/sleep/restart - (i.e. restart is the only thing that works 100% of the time properly, sleep never, shutdown maybe 40% of the time). I previously did all the updates and had no problems with them... but still no luck with sleep or shutdown.

I'll post a tutorial as I go if things go well.... and if not... then I will when they do... one thing I'm curious about - which bios revisions are people running on their IP35-Pro's (or any Abit P35 board as they share bios development with the exception of controllers etc.)?

A good consensus should help me to eliminate these as problems... and I'm more than willing to revert and/or test multiple configurations to try to help make a 100% stable install for this motherboard. I (like many of you I assume) think it should be able to result in a better 'Hackmac' than the Gigabyte boards... if we can get everything together.

Work, then documentation, then tutorial - in the next 3-4 days (this will be at least the 20th install, so I don't see too many issues here).

• 4 months later...
What options did you guys choose for install? I am trying to install using Iatkos V4.

I have

Abit Ip35 Pro

Q6600

DDR 2 800mhz x 4 for 4 gigs

all sata drives including cd rom

Iatkos v4 couldn't even see the HD's on my IP35-e.. You might try iDeneb, if you encounter the same problem. iDeneb worked like a champ.

• 6 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I think my experiences seem on par with everyone else's. I've installed OSX 10.5.1 - 10.5.6 all with no problem on the IP35 Pro except for sleep/standby. I can shutdown and restart with no problem, but I've never been able to get sleep working.

I chose to make the install as "vanilla" as possible, so I used the retail DVD and then use a modified version of the v4.4 pack offered in http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=86167. For Video (8800 GTS 320MB), sound and network, I use EFI strings. Sound requires use of Apple HDA Patcher with ALC888.txt.

Using this vanilla install plus the new Chameleon 2.0 RC1 bootloader (which should be utilized in whatever guide is being made -- it really is quite nice), I've installed OSX in various fashions on a different number of hard drives. My current set up boots off a Mac RAID 1+0 (ridiculously fast), although I've constructed simple 2 disk mirrors and stripes, and installed OSX using ZFS as well (although not bootable). I'd be happy to amend any guide with instructions on those setups.

But yeah, the sleep issue is annoying, especially given that everything else works flawlessly, and the dual internet is handy when running a parallel environment. Do we know what the issue is? My guess is a missing identifier in the AppleACPIPlatform.kext. I've had ACPI issues with Ubuntu installer CDs (have to add acpi=off to the boot string), but am not sure of the conflict. Does anyone have more experience?