So... what do you think of In Rainbows?

cringemaster

11 posts in this topic

Well I stayed up late just waiting for the download link and grabbed it last night around 4 am. The first listen through was interesting and kinda strange, but during the second listen, I find myself really enjoying this album. I know the quality is only 160 kbps, and im used to 256 vbr's and 320s, but it wasnt bad. Maybe thats just the nature of their musical style, compression doesnt affect them too much :) . I think my favorite song is Jigsaw Falling into Place, although I really like the mood of Videotape.

And as far as that name your price thing goes, I put in 0.00, but now that I can say I honestly enjoy it I plan on buying the discbox for christmas.

"A special "discbox" will begin being dispatched on or before December 3, 2007 if pre-ordered, through their inrainbows.com website, and will contain the physical album on both CD and two 12" heavyweight vinyl records with made-to-order artwork and lyric booklets. The discbox will also include a second enhanced CD which contains 8 additional tracks, as well as digital photos and artwork. The overall set will be packaged in a hardcover book and slipcase."

Inrainbowsdiscbox.jpg

I think its worth it for the extra songs alone, but the vinyls will be nice to add to my collection.

Well, I went and downloaded it today. I gave 'em 3.45 for it (well, 3, and then they tacked on .45 for credit charge).

I'm on Weird Fishes, and absolutely love it.

What are you using for artwork?

I'm using this

fourth.jpg

for now.

(It's Untitled No. 4, on their website)

First time thru and I adore this album. At first I thought "Oh, this sounds like Radiohead" but a closer listen reveals that there are things going on beneath the surface that make this album unique. I really wish I had paid Tom and crew more for this one. I'll have to make amends by getting the discbox. :)

Well, I went and downloaded it today. I gave 'em 3.45 for it (well, 3, and then they tacked on .45 for credit charge).

I'm on Weird Fishes, and absolutely love it.

What are you using for artwork?

I'm using this

fourth.jpg

for now.

(It's Untitled No. 4, on their website)

i gave them nothing (which is cheap, i know), but if i dont get the discbox ill at least get the cd with the bonus songs.

As far as album art goes, heres what im using:

radiohead_in_rainbows2.jpg

its supposedly authentic, and looks nice on my 5.5g with classicwannabe firmware.

Its really a great album, so melodic and soft, but still radiohead, and they keep it balanced from being soft and being radiohead.