os x leopard 10.5 9a527 kalyway on xps 410

frantisheq

13 posts in this topic

post-96681-1190211197_thumb.jpg

I had to sudo chown -R root:wheel Natit.kext to get quartz extreme working and i replaced smbios.kext because photoshop cs3 was crashing. except that everything works right after the installation. oh and i'm using RTL 8139 LAN. microphone works thx to taruga's stac9227...zip

post-96681-1190211197_thumb.jpg

I had to sudo chown -R root:wheel Natit.kext to get quartz extreme working and i replaced smbios.kext because photoshop cs3 was crashing. except that everything works right after the installation. oh and i'm using RTL 8139 LAN. microphone works thx to taruga's stac9227...zip

so frantisheq is it required to install Tiger first? because I saw no tiger HFS+ hard drive on your desktop... and finding tiger for xps 410 is hard. Second of all, could you get Kalyway 9a527 to boot without modifying the iso or applying a ppf?

Just wondering... these topics get sorted in order of when they were started and nobody reads old ones! So I HAD to post a new one. I don't like double posting!

And tell me... is Darwin included? I don't want to install tiger...

anyone have a reply to my question though?

Does kalyway really need Darwin at first?

no. That image already has a darwin bootloader in it. I have a problem though. install works excelent, but i get up to the spiining apple logo thing, on first boot of HDD, and then my screen goes black. SO i get no signal from my graphic card, and my monitor goes to sleep. im guessing its a graphic driver issue, im gonna try my GMA 3000 onboard graphics. hope that works...... oh boy, just proves to show how much i want to try out leo. i have a ati x1050, so if anyone has a hack/patch w.e., PLeASE respond to me ASAP. Thanks in advance