• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

darkmac

darkmac

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 35 posts
ok, work in leo with x1950xtx Q/E enable, but no enable quartzgl see the picture (sorry my english, please)

Attached Files

Shredplayer

Shredplayer

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 93 posts
[Howto] Enable QuartzGL and Disable Beamsync

darkmac

darkmac

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 35 posts
no work for me

lagus

lagus

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
Didn't work for me either... :)
I really want this to work!
I can't even look at movies...

It says when I try to manually enable it:

bash-3.2# sudo defaults write /Library/Preferences/com.apple.windowserver Quartz2DExtremeEnabled true
2008-11-28 18:56:16.126 defaults[236:a0b] _CFGetHostUUIDString: unable to determine UUID for host. Error: 35
bash-3.2#

ANY ideas?

• Guests
WIth OSX86Tools select enable/disable quartz gl and reboot.

Giorgio

braveskunk

braveskunk

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 214 posts
i had it enabled for a long time and wanted to give a try running without it. and guess what? it runs much much smoother without it enabled! my xbench score leveled down about 10 points but not on opengl,quartz test but on CPU test! xbench resoults highered a bit without it enabled. i then deciced to try geekbench to test the CPU... and guess what? i was higher with quartzgl disabled.yes.with disabled. my opinion is: apple has some resons to have it disabled by default. i don't really know but i will keep it disabled. Counter strike also runs faster via crossover with it disabled. strange but true
thanks

milosz

Gringo Vermelho

Gringo Vermelho

The Jan Bird fix

• Supervisors
  • 6,121 posts
People are, understandably, confusing QuartzGL with Quartz Extreme and Core Image.

The fact is that QuartzGL is used automatically by applications that are designed to use it.

As you have discovered, there's absolutely no advantage to forcing it on for everything.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy