ALC861-VD (0x10ec0862) working

MadTux

81 posts in this topic

You must be root to make permissions change.

so login as root or type:

#sudo -s

enter your passwd

#chmod -R 755 /System/Library/Extensions/*.kext

#chown -R 0:0 /System/Library/Extensions/*.kext

#rm -rf /System/Library/Extensions.*

or download kexthelper7b and install with it

ok, i do that, but no sound on 10.5.1 kalyway...

i will try later on 10.4.9

works, works the sound works on 10.4.9 -_-

internal speakers & headphones :works !

input microphone : works !

only not work: internal microphone & volume control

i really hope that one day i may run sound and on Leopard with other new driver release :)

once again many thanks MadTux! You save me B)

MadTux: Here's a codec dump (from ubuntu after building alsa) from my Toshiba A135-s4666. I've got your posted file working but with no volume control, and no mic/line out. I've also tried taruga's patcher with this dump to no avail. Since what you've done is similar and partially working, maybe you can lend some help. At least for me and this other guy, and quite possibly for quite a few more.

Cheers, hope this helps someone

Madtux. I am in the same boat as Mickles. if you can get volume control from his dump theres a 99.8% chance it will work for me also. Please PM me or post whatever you find back here. i am eager to see what you come up with. THANKS SOOOOOOOO MUCH

WORKED COMPLETELY AND ON MY FIRST TRY!Thanks a lot for this solution ;) I actually wouldn't say completely, because I can't adjust the volume for the output and it tells me i need to select an output device, even though it still plays sound well.i should also point out that i am using an atx board that has this soundcard, not a laptop. so i bet that is the reason for the volume control quirk.

it works intermittently in my iatkos 10.5.2 (updated from 10.5.1)

on my lenovo c200 3000

sometimes when i boot i have audio

other times it cant detect it

any ideas?

Remove AppleAziliaAudio.kext and that should solve your problem. If I dont delete it from my system it will never load madtux's driver at all. So delete it and then use kext helper b7 to install madtux driver and it should load upon reboot everytime.

I hope madtux returns to this topic. I would love to see an update to this with volume control. At least it works but its so close and volume control seems like such a small thing to fix.

the AppleAziliaAudio.kext wasnt there must have already been removed any other ideas?

Strangely enough it turns out I do need appleAziliaAudio.kext in my extensions folder or madtux's driver wont load. What I do to get it to work is this.

First delete AppleAziliaAudio.kext from extensions.

Then Use kext helper to install madtux driver

Then use kext helper to re-install AppleAziliaAudio.kext.

Reboot & after that it should work as mine does. I'm not sure why AppleAziliaAudio.kext is needed but apparently it is.

Hello MadTux!

I have this codec: http://members.inode.at/j.taschek/mydevice.txt but no other codec in this board (alc 861 or alc 862) neither your codec from the first post is working for me :)

I dumped the codec with Fedora Core 8! Maybe you can make a working solution for me!!

Pleaasse, i want some sound :)

Edit: Here is some more info: http://members.inode.at/j.taschek/sound.zip

Okay, time for the weirdness.

I have a Toshiba M115-S3154 laptop with (according to Ubuntu's latest release) a ALC861-VD sound card. The codec dump of my card is here:

http://drhogie.com/files/toshiba_alc861vd.txt

I am running Kalyway 10.5.2, and everything works BUT sound. I initially tried using that dump into the AppleHDAPatcher (v1.20), but it didn't work at all. So, with that patch in place, I found this thread and downloaded the new0862.zip file. What I did was open Terminal.app, sudo su (to get root power), and unzipped the files directly into my /System/Library/Extensions/ folder. Now, here's the kicker: as SOON as the files were completely unzipped, I had working sound. Like most of the people here, I don't have a volume slider. BUT, the sound does work.

Here's the weird thing: I go through, repair perms as instructed, and then reboot my system. Upon reboot . . . I no longer have any sound. If I re-unzip the file into the Extensions directory, sound starts working again instantly.

Any thoughts? Is there something I'm not doing right? And a HUGE HUGE HUGE HUGE HUGE thank you to MadTux for making this new0862.zip file so I have sound working. It's the only thing I had left to fix :wacko:

EDIT: After a reboot to run iLife updates, the sound quit working, even if I unzip the files into the directory. Any ideas anyone?

Okay, time for the weirdness.

I have a Toshiba M115-S3154 laptop with (according to Ubuntu's latest release) a ALC861-VD sound card. The codec dump of my card is here:

http://drhogie.com/files/toshiba_alc861vd.txt

I am running Kalyway 10.5.2, and everything works BUT sound. I initially tried using that dump into the AppleHDAPatcher (v1.20), but it didn't work at all. So, with that patch in place, I found this thread and downloaded the new0862.zip file. What I did was open Terminal.app, sudo su (to get root power), and unzipped the files directly into my /System/Library/Extensions/ folder. Now, here's the kicker: as SOON as the files were completely unzipped, I had working sound. Like most of the people here, I don't have a volume slider. BUT, the sound does work.

Here's the weird thing: I go through, repair perms as instructed, and then reboot my system. Upon reboot . . . I no longer have any sound. If I re-unzip the file into the Extensions directory, sound starts working again instantly.

Any thoughts? Is there something I'm not doing right? And a HUGE HUGE HUGE HUGE HUGE thank you to MadTux for making this new0862.zip file so I have sound working. It's the only thing I had left to fix ;)

EDIT: After a reboot to run iLife updates, the sound quit working, even if I unzip the files into the directory. Any ideas anyone?

I can top that weirdness. I think I also have an idea why Eddie94 was not getting it to load as I now can not get it to load at all either.

I have been using this driver and it has worked for me even in 10.5.2 kalyway. Now recently I got a new ACPIPlatform.kext to help with overheating. Works like a charm, stays cool, speedstep loads etc. However i can not and I mean I have really tried everything I know but I can not get this driver to load which yesterday loaded fine before i got the new ACPIplatform file.

Anyone else have a issue like that? I was going to go without sound for a while since this driver has so many issues as it is. Shutdown problems, cuts out a lot, sounds tiney, and no volume control. Then I realized I just need sound to much to go without and decided to load it but now I can't.

That is definitely weird Diabolic. I haven't got a lot of time invested in installing this yet (most of my time has been getting my work apps setup in a Parallels install, which can be easily backed up), so I think I'm going to take some time this weekend, start a fresh Kaly 10.5.2 install, and focus strictly on getting sound working after reboot. For the longest time, I had no idea what kind of sound card I had, so I tried a ALC268, ALC880, Sigmatel drivers, etc. So I really have no idea WHAT could be screwed up at this point. So I'm really hoping a fresh install may fix my problems. Heck, if I can get sound working I'll forget about any other updates -- just stay in a nice working system :)

I'll post details from that this weekend when I get it tested.

I... have... sound!!!

Lenovo 3000N100 Model 0786, ALC861-VD (Vendor ID: 0x10EC0862, SubSystem ID: 0x17aa8e2d)

I used new0862.zip but modified 2 files in AppleHDA.kext:

In layout44.xml I changed <integer>283904133</integer> to <integer>283904098</integer> (Vendor ID of 885 to 862),

And in pathmap16.xml I changed the paths from {8, 35, 26} to {9, 34, 26} (don't know if that's really necessary, considering it's just line in, but it mached the codec output better), and around line 140 I modified PublishVolume and PublishMute from false to true.

I can't believe it worked! I was so amazed when it made noises!!!

ALC861VD_Lenovo3000N100.zip

codec0.txt

I... have... sound!!!

Lenovo 3000N100 Model 0786, ALC861-VD (Vendor ID: 0x10EC0862, SubSystem ID: 0x17aa8e2d)

I used new0862.zip but modified 2 files in AppleHDA.kext:

In layout44.xml I changed <integer>283904133</integer> to <integer>283904098</integer> (Vendor ID of 885 to 862),

And in pathmap16.xml I changed the paths from {8, 35, 26} to {9, 34, 26} (don't know if that's really necessary, considering it's just line in, but it mached the codec output better), and around line 140 I modified PublishVolume and PublishMute from false to true.

I can't believe it worked! I was so amazed when it made noises!!!

Interesting.

Netsharc your edit works for me also. Same results though no volume control. Had to attempt the install like 4 times before it took. Its all because of ALCinject I found out.

Do you have volume control netsharc?

THANKS

• 5 weeks later...

VOLUME CONTROL ISSUE SOLVED---

Apparently ALC862 Linux dump that I have doesn't have Amp-Out Mixer & I'm guessing a lot of other people here have dumps without that also. That's why there's no volume control for speakers. I can not get a dump that has this entry. I have tried. If anyone here can provide a newer dump from a more recent Linux distribution, then check the dump to see if it has Amp-Out Mixer.

Apparently If we can get that amp out mixer we can have volume control for ALC862. I hope some of you who want volume control read this.

@madtux can you breakdown how you got this to work in the first place besides using appleHDA patcher? From what I Have tried the 862 does not work out right with appleHDA patcher. I would gladly start tweaking this further if I knew where you left off. Do you have a linux dump with Amp Out?

This driver does work with EFI string and works pretty good. I have it running that way now. It almost never skips with the EFI string over ALCinject.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

it works on my toshiba a135-S4527

core 2 duo T7200, 1GB RAM, 120GB SATA, DVDWriter, 15.4", i945 graphics adapter, sound was detected as Realtek ALC861-VD on ubuntu 8.04

finally my KALLIWAY had a sound, but with no sound slider.....

any update for the sound slider???

Hello....everybody

B) I've volume control with ALC662

Edited parts of Info.plist from a Patched 1.20

Taruga_s_ALC662.zip

Volume control works now, but lost mute.

Works with my GA-945GCM-S2C in 10.4.11 and 10.5.4

Edited cos' the topic is ALC861-VD not ALC662, but ALC662 volume slider didn't work either, maybe it can help you.

-----------------Original 1.20----------------------------------Edited--------------------

post-100500-1215738995_thumb.png post-100500-1215739007_thumb.png

Use PlistEdit Pro to change Amp section to the next port, set MuteInputAmp & VolumeInputAmp to No.

• 2 weeks later...

Wooow! Thank you so much!

They deleted my post from AppleHDA, I didn't know that we can't post there, so I will put the kext here.

new0862.zip

It should give you IntSpeakers and Headphones, and external mic on laptop.

Please post the results here!

For noobs:

1. Download kexts, drag them to extensions folder. (this is not for a patcher, just copy and paste files)

2.And repair permissions

chmod -R 755 /System/Library/Extensions/*.kext

chown -R 0:0 /System/Library/Extensions/*.kext

rm -rf /System/Library/Extensions.*

3.Restart

Sound should come from speakers, and when you plug the headphones it should switch automaticly