Ctreative Live! CT4830

sergiuh

6 posts in this topic

Hi all,

I just installed Mac OSx86 10.4.8 JaS SSE3 on a Dell computer and I have drivers problems.

Got the network to work but I have no sound.

I Have a Creative Live! CT4830 sound card.

Any help will be very appreciated.

AFAIK, there was a project running trying to get the EMU10K chip supported for SB LIVE but nothing ever came of it. The architecture of that card really isn't compatible with what Core Audio expects so it would (IIRC) require a partial rewrite or bypass of Core Audio.

• 8 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi all,

I`ve installed Zephyroth 10.5.2 on AMD with AC97 patch selected at installation setup and this sound card (or similar, don`t know, but mine is a very old 2 channel card - ah CT-4810) and it works partially. I don`t know if it is that driver or mac have chosen a generic driver. Sound output creates some clicks and sometimes it seems the crashing prevents sound from being heard.

I wish, that could be resolved. Any suggestions of experienced users are appreciated, because I don`t want to have another try and error session after so many days and nights getting mac os running.

Televisor

i just fell on this page; someone that used to be working for creative had worked at some point on a driver for sound blaster Live! cards for OS9, he tried to get a team together (but unfortunately failed) to port it for OS X. An alternative solution to the core audio problem he discusses is below:

"The only other idea I had about this was to modify Core Audio or even remove Core Audio all together and write our own audio interface, which would also have a toolbox to interpret the normal Core Audio requests. It would allow the user the ability to completely disable the onboard audio in this fashion, which would not be a loss because the user would never use it anyway. In addition, this would also allow the user to extend the audio capabilities of the system for gaming.

At one point I had a group of programmers come in that said they could modify the linux source to work with OS X, and they thought they could get it going within a month or so. I have a limited programming background, and I was teaching myself to program in C by reading the source code from both Apple and the Linux source code. The prospect of someone completing the project was appealing. As we all saw, this fell through, and I never got a straight answer from them before they disappeared completely."

He has source code and documentation available on his website.. I can code, but i dont think i'd be up for the task - but maybe one of the gurus here could see an interesting challenge - that could make a lot of hackintosh fans happy ;D

here's the link:

http://homepage.mac.com/creativemail/MacKx/