OSx86 HCL Database

Tophicles

97 posts in this topic

Okie dokie!

Hardware model numbers are now seperated by Interface type, great suggestion Scrizz!

This makes it EASY to spec out an auto-system too, so I'll start working on that as well...

Remember, when you add a motherboard to select the interface that the video card will use:

Example: an AGP motherboard should select "AGP" as the interface type, same with PCIe etc...

Let's keep er going!

ok gj :)

It would be a good idea to let people log in so they can change something just in case they mess up, or want to add something more to their submission. If at all possible.

Tophicles: do you think you could add "AGP" to my motherboard: Gigabyte GA-8I865GME-775-RH

Thanks

I went through and changed all the motherboard entries since the new "interface" type wasn't part of the original plan :)

I am not sure about user logins, maybe it's a good idea... I'll have to see how easy it will be to integrate into the pre-existing design.

Any other thoughts? I was thinking a files area or something for drivers etc, but not sure how that would work insofaras the DMCA rules etc.

Also, I am not sure if the System Configurator should show hard drives, cdroms, ram etc, since all these seem to work 100%?

It looks like it works fine though, it's picking the top rated stuff and matching motherboards and video cards correctly...

Ok, you can now create an account and user for the database.

Once you've done this, you can edit your own devices and ratings.

For those who have signed up AFTER previously entering their hardware and ratings, please let me know your username and I'll try to match up what you entered so you can edit it...

Thanks for the suggestion!

Scrizz: I just added you now to the devices I think you entered. Double check and let me know if there's something missing.

I agree, we need more people to put in hardware, would help if this were stickied I think... but that's outta my hands ;)

Lemme know if the editing works for you...

UC: Thanks, added your parts, double check to make sure it is working ok?

PS: I'll be adding a "chat" feature later, so that all online users can see/talk to each other at the site... stay tuned ;)

Scrizz: Thanks to you and those who've continued to post hardware, it's gonna work out great! It just keeps getting better with every update, IMHO.

I've added more new hardware categories for Desktops, Notebooks, Tablets and Ultra Portables. I was going to start on the chat portion tonight, but screw it, I'm tired :o

Here's hoping it gets stickied! (Scrizz, adding it to your signature was great, thanks!)

Ciao4now...

Ok, so I gather people have noticed the "Page cannot be found" on the database site.

Bear with me, it looks like the hosting company is having some issues...

I'll try to get it back online as soon as I can...