ICH8 & ICH8R Patch for Intel P965 Mobo Jmicron

61 posts in this topic

• 2 weeks later...
Hi all,

I tried both pathes with no result. The reason why I tried both is because in the first post is says my motherboard, the P5B Premium Vista Edition, is ICH8, the box of my moby says 8R.

Well anyways I tried both pathes and none of them let me boot.

For bios settings I used both AHCI as IDE (on Enhanced mode). Compatible mode gets me back in Leopard again but the disc speeds are just horrible.

so which is the right patch to try on p5B premium vista?

is there a way to get working the dvd player on leopard?

my system recognize it but i can't see on desktop or in finder,

bios is set on EIDE

picture4ob6.png

any help?

I've got:

- P5B E-Deluxe mobo

- Kallyway installation of 10.5.1 on 20Gb IDE running on JMicron controller

- 2x 500Gb RAID0 on ICH8R controller formated to NTFS partition.

MacOS doesn't see RAID0 on ICH8R =(

Is it possible to make drivers for this controller to work? Hope there is a coder who can help me with this rhing to work for some $$$ ;)))

• 1 month later...

Hello everyone. First of all I must announce I am new to the OSX86 and I finally have a working Leopard OS that I can boot into. As far as I know the only thing not working for me is sound. I have the asus p5b deluxe board and I have tried the files here but I still have nothing showing up under sound System Profiler says I have no Built-In Audio. I have been messing around with this for the past couple days and who knows if I have royally messed some things up which may be why these files on this post aren't working for me. What would I need to do if I wanted to start from Square one on removing all drivers to do with sound and then applying this patch? Or if thats not the right approach what should I do?

Thanks.

Well I went ahead and blew away my HDD and started from scratch and still no Audio after using this patch and the Mistico™'s P5B DELUXE Package v 1.0 Can anyone out there give me some tips before I give up on this?Thanks.Well I went ahead and blew away my HDD and started from scratch and still no Audio after using this patch and the Mistico™'s P5B DELUXE Package v 1.0 Can anyone out there give me some tips before I give up on this?Thanks.

Hi Grassrootz!

The Mistico's P5B Deluxe Package is for Tiger, the install don't work in Leopard.

But you can take the kext for it in Leopard too.

Go with right mouse click on the package and go in the contents, if you see the single packages then you go in the contents from the AppleAzaliaAudio.pkg and extract the AppleAzaliaAudio.kext from it.

Now you have to install this kext, the easy way to do this is the KextHelper b7.

After a reboot you should have 2-way Audio.

hi. tanx for your guide.

but just a question.

How can I use this Paches.

I edit the .ISO Image of leopard by UltraISO and extract the patch to image and saved it. Did I wrong?

I should say that I have not mac installed on my system and I want to install it but it cant find my hard disk.

I hope u can help me.

tanx again.

FlyingMac,

the Mistico's Package is for install in Tiger after you have install the sytem.

If you don't see your hard disk during the install process, it will be a problem with the JMicronATA.kext. You can edit this kext, look here: http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?s=&...st&p=504595 and put it into the image.

But i think, you will not be able to put it into the image with UltraISO, because UltraISO can't save the HFS-Part of the image. May be, that TransMac could do this job.

Better you edit the kext and put it to the image in an installed Tiger or Leopard. Additionally you have to delete the Extensions.mkext from the dvd or build a new one, because the boot process works with this, if it find this file.

The best way would be, to take one of the Leo 10.5.2 images (Kalyway, Leo4All, ...), the changed JMicronATA.kext is ready in it.

• 4 weeks later...

is it working for intel mobo ? because i have notebook from HP and you can see the spec below :

System Manufacturer Hewlett-Packard

System Name HP Compaq 6910p

System S/N SGH808004R

Mainboard Vendor Hewlett-Packard

Mainboard Model 30BE

BIOS Vendor Hewlett-Packard

BIOS Version 68MCU Ver. F.0C

BIOS Date 10/17/2007

• 8 months later...