• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

maccabbi

maccabbi

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts
I had the alt-tab hack and app launcher just froze the computer. I removed the hack and it work hack and it worked, but now that i have rebooted it has stopped working again. Freezes every time. I made a similar plugin to launch the DVD Player only, and that works fine. It would be nice to just make a list of apps like this plugin does or to be able to sort plugins into some kind of submenu system so that I could set up to launch VLC and DVD Player and other apps

Any suggestion on why it doesn't work but did breifly?

maccabbi

maccabbi

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts
Nevermind.... After repairing the disk and the permissions it's all fine

thescientist34

thescientist34

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Sure can... that's how I'm calling sdl-mame in the CLArgs I specify not only the 'short-rom-name' but also the location where sdl-mame is to get/read its config ini file.

Dave

Hi Dave, can you share with us how your applist.txt config file looks in order to launch games through a command line argument? I'm trying to do the same using ZSNES emulator, but I can't get the app to launch a specific rom file.

For instance, i'm trying to launch Super Mario Kart (smk.smc) via the following:

SMK,/Users/frontrow/Applications/ZSNES.app/Contents/MacOS/ZSNES /Users/frontrow/Roms/smk.smc

however, the app does not launch. If i ssh to appletv and run the same command line + argument, the game runs fine. any thoughts?

Novaoblivion

Novaoblivion

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts
Anyone able to get Joost working using this? When I tried Joost did launch but it was behind FR. When I killed FR I could see it back there and then FR took over again.

munky

munky

Agent of Evolution

• Retired
  • 2,900 posts
Is this only working when AppleTV OS is installed? I have the 'Front Row Replacement' ATV installed on regular Mac OS X, and whenever I select an application from the menu, the screen goes black, then the menu fades back in but is uncontrollable. I have to forcibly quit [Front|Back]row.

Any ideas?

ssbands04

ssbands04

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 75 posts

Anyone able to get Joost working using this? When I tried Joost did launch but it was behind FR. When I killed FR I could see it back there and then FR took over again.

Try the AppLauncher plug-in..........it should do exactly what you want it to, but I haven't tried using Joost yet.......that'll be my project for the next 5 mins

http://plugins.awkwa...56164a3432a7702

LiquidIce

LiquidIce

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
Has anyone figured out how to take control of the IR so we can have a button sequence to exit out of the App that we launched? Or do we just need to build Apple IR support and an exit function into our programs?

-LiquidIce
http://appletvhacks.blogspot.com

AK2007

AK2007

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts
I tried using iRed Lite, but it didn't work out too well. But I am still struggling with that. Would apprecieate any ideas.

Has anyone figured out how to take control of the IR so we can have a button sequence to exit out of the App that we launched? Or do we just need to build Apple IR support and an exit function into our programs?

-LiquidIce
http://appletvhacks.blogspot.com

Novaoblivion

Novaoblivion

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Try the AppLauncher plug-in..........it should do exactly what you want it to, but I haven't tried using Joost yet.......that'll be my project for the next 5 mins

http://plugins.awkwa...56164a3432a7702

Just tried that and it still seems to be stuck underneath, I cant get focus on its window.

xShad0w

xShad0w

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 29 posts
I have been messing around with my ATV full intel mac os x install for a while, recently got eyetv with the miglia tvmicro, haven't put it on my ATV yet but i've been using it on my macbook and one thing i don't get is when everyone says it integrates with front row, what do they mean because when i go into full screen mode it is there with its blue menu, but when i go to front row i don't see anything related to eyetv, o btw im running the ATV front row on my intel mac, I don't know if that changes anything but can someone help me out with that?

Smnrex

Smnrex

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
It is really a good thread started by you. We can see in replies. Now we have many plug ins in this thread by replies. These are really useful.
________________________________________________________________________________

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy