147 replies to this topic

0xdeadbeef

0xdeadbeef

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 88 posts

absolutely, man...

RME is STILL selling that 9632 card - so this is not EOL cycle. This is artificially EOL for Apple users, only. As you say: they actively had to remove code to drop support and that really looks like a b/s ripoff to force us to buy newer hardware.

RME could simply release the source code of that 1.7x driver
but hell I guess they are not going to. And hell yes: I am not going to buy RME anymore. Once I am pissed of a company there is no 2nd chance.

If you decide to temper with the current driver, just let us know, I suppose there are some ppl (like me) willing to test.

greeeetz, x!

GPL'ing the 1.73 driver itself and EOL'ing support would be the honourable thing to do - help legacy users and enthusiasts get every last mile out of their trusted hardware and get an unbelievable amount of goodwill. I don't think there is so much secret-sauce über-valuable intellectual property contained in a coreaudio driver, but getting any audio company to open-source anything is like getting blood out of a stone - it's just in their corporate nature to maintain control over everything.

That said, there is a working open-source ALSA driver ( and even a totalmix clone! ) for linux, so it's not beyond the realms of possibility that some guru with enough driver experience and a bit of time could come up with an open-source coreaudio driver. The internal structure and logic of the xilinx chip must be exposed in that ALSA driver. It's been done before for other hackintosh hardware, why not for RME?

theguitarfreak

theguitarfreak

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
I have recently installed Snow Leopard (10.6.8) on an Intel Core i5 and Intel DH55TC board. Everything has installed fine except for my RME HDSP 9632 drivers. I have tried installing the hdsp_173_x86 driver. But no RME device is recognized in system preferences. Any help in this matter?

XLR

XLR

2cores1cpu.mov

• Donators
  • 859 posts
^ Make sure your 10.6.8 runs in 32bit and not 64.

theguitarfreak

theguitarfreak

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

^ Make sure your 10.6.8 runs in 32bit and not 64.

It is running in 32 bit mode. In fact the DSP settings in the applications window detects signal coming from the mixer but my system preferences doesnt detect anything RME.

ximekon

ximekon

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 76 posts
The RME is not shown in system preferences either. However it works flawless on 10.6.8. I recommend to try a different PCI slot (I know this from Gigabyte boards, that the first PCI slot does not work, although I didn't found an explanation for this yet).

all the best: and my recommendation: don't buy RME again. Imho they suck bigtime...

XLR

XLR

2cores1cpu.mov

• Donators
  • 859 posts
Don't forget that many SandyBridge boards have compatibility issues with older PCI cards, but if your card works on Windows then it should work on OSX.

Noam AA

Noam AA

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 437 posts

The RME is not shown in system preferences either. However it works flawless on 10.6.8. I recommend to try a different PCI slot (I know this from Gigabyte boards, that the first PCI slot does not work, although I didn't found an explanation for this yet).

all the best: and my recommendation: don't buy RME again. Imho they suck bigtime...

how exactly are they suck bug time? isn't that apple's fault? it most certainly is! because they are the ones without PCI interface.
BTW, i have 9632, and it works great with Lion, with the older driver under 32 bit, only few minor bugs (i've seen worst with other companies interfaces, with the newest update available, and some work some not, some have big issues), and this from driver that is 5 years old. so excuse me, but RME rules, Apple sucks, and for the other one complaining about pissed off by company, what about apple? don't they f878ck their customers on a daily basis?
BTW, all other RME interfaces that Does support osx entirely, have a very good drivers that does support OSX and Hackintoshes very well!

also one more thing, you can try pci to pci express adapter if you pci isn;t working correctly (thats what i did with my Powercore PCI interface)

SoundForSoul

SoundForSoul

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts
Sorry to bring this out, does anyone know if there is a working Rme Hammerfall 9652 or 9632 64 bit mac (hackintosh) driver ?
Thanks in advance!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   Web hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy