[How-To] Get Broadcom Wireless and Do the Switch Trick on 10.4.8

FreakyMac

114 posts in this topic

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

THANK YOU!

I used another guide, and worked for me just fine. Then I reinstalled because something else I was playing with went bad. Your guide was almost exactly the same (I didn't noticed anything very different, just very slight things I didn't think mattered) but it got me working again.

• 2 weeks later...

I wish I was having the same success as others, but unfortunately I get an error message saying the 4311 kext can't be loaded. I'm running 10.4.1 trying to load a 4306 Broadcom miniPCI card. Is there a reason why my system can't load the kext?

I have a d600 and i believe at dell truemobile 1450. I've read that this should def work as it is dev. 4324. After i do the plist edit and reboot, there is no airport symbol that shows up. I also believe that i do not have airport drivers or w/e. I'm really not sure what to do to fix this problem. Also, when i go to look for the networkinterfaces.plist nothing existed, so i just created one and put in what you had written in your how-to. I'm not sure if that would do the trick but it didnt. Is there anything that i am missing or that i need to make my wireless card and such work? PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE HELP ME. Thanks a lot guys!

Okay.. so i'm not sure what i did, but i ended up putting the install cd in again and then using the first aid option to repair the system. Then it all worked. I then did the en0 to en1. the only problem now is that i cant see any networks even though the airport thing is supposedlyworking...

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Okay...I was able to edit all of the files listed, but...at boot it gives me an error with AppleAirPort2.kext. A link/load error for this kernel extension. Can anyone tell me what I am doing wrong? This error has always been present, even before I began editing the IO80211 files, so it isn't from something I changed. Help! BTW, mine is the 4318.

Jennifer

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Ok Heres the deal, people with Broadcom Wireless (aka Dell Wireless) have been having trouble with getting it to work , or getting it recognize on 10.4.8 and people have been going to thread-to-thread just to find a solution so i decided to make this SIMPLE little tutorial to help all you Broadcom People, Ok lets begin :):)
Thanks to you I have my Dell D600 running 10.4.8 with wireless. Had to use 4324 as the dev.Next step is Display and then onto Wired ethernet.Thanks!!!!!
I have a d600 and i believe at dell truemobile 1450. I've read that this should def work as it is dev. 4324. After i do the plist edit and reboot, there is no airport symbol that shows up. I also believe that i do not have airport drivers or w/e. I'm really not sure what to do to fix this problem. Also, when i go to look for the networkinterfaces.plist nothing existed, so i just created one and put in what you had written in your how-to. I'm not sure if that would do the trick but it didnt. Is there anything that i am missing or that i need to make my wireless card and such work? PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE HELP ME. Thanks a lot guys!
I also did not get the Airport icon after doing the step by step from FreakyMac. But when I brought up the network diagnostic the Airport option was there as it had not been before. I configured it to my wifi and I was online. i used the same device id you have.

• 2 months later...

hi i can realy find out what is this simbol ioreg -( )<----- plzzz help i{m trying to instal a Network: Intel ® Wireless WiFi Link 4965AGN, Intel® PRO/Wireless 3945ABG Network Connection and i can´t find the id plzzzz some help :P

You can find out your device id using only MacOS X withot windows by typing the following command: ioreg -l | grep IOPCI | grep pci14e4
hi i´m trying to instal Network: Intel ® Wireless WiFi Link 4965AGN, Intel® PRO/Wireless 3945ABG Network Connection and i can´t find de id can u help me i have try everything plzzz help. :P tnks fenixHi to allBut how I can found ID for WiFi card? i have a Intel PRO/Wireless 3945 802.11a/g Mini Card (54Mbps), for XPS M1210 plzzzz help thks