error : You need to restart your computer. Hold Down the Power button for several seconds or press the Restart button.

• Please log in to reply
128 replies to this topic

tournapart

tournapart

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
the removal of all of the graphics card kexts work for one start up, but as soon as I restarted it gave me the grey screen, and usually crashes when I use -s-v or -x...

anyone have any other ideas?

Core 2 Duo 2.5ghz
4 gb Ram
Nvidia FX1600M

Thanks

blue123

blue123

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
When I want to install dmg file , it gave me this (you need to restart)massage .help...

E8400 Core 2 Duo 3.0ghz
2 gb Ram
Nvidia GF9600GT 512MB

stoogenuge

stoogenuge

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
Hi,

This Is my first post and im getting a similar problem.

System:
Toshiba Satellite P200 PSPB7E.
Intel Mobile Core 2 Duo T7300 @ 2.00GHz
Intel PM965 Chipset
4Gb DDR2 RAM
ATI Monility Radeon HD 2600

Im completley new to this and havn't a clue about 'kernel's etc
When installing the only thing i change is to set it to use ATI graphics drivers.
Installation goes fine, reboot, then I get the apple logo and a bit of loading and then I get the message
that I need to restart..which I do..and then the same thing happens again.
I ran the verbose start up and took a picture of where the load up stalls.

Image = http://www.flickr.co...412750/sizes/l/

Any help would be really appreciated.

iPod Touch X

iPod Touch X

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts
Hi, I recently (few minutes ago) downloaded and installed (on cleaned hard disk with GUID partition table and Mac OS X Extended Journaled partition) from DVD this: Snow_Leopard_10.6.1-10.6.2_Intel_AMD_made_by_Hazard. I'm pretty sure that I checked everything that my computer need and support. Here are my specs:

Processor: Intel Core 2 Quad Q9300 2.5 Ghz
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-P35-DS3L (rev 1.0)
Graphics: Palit GeForce 9800GT 1GB Super+
RAM: 4 GB (2 x 2GB) 800 Mhz DDR2
HDD: Maxtor 500 GB
Audio card: Realtek ALC888
Network: Realtek RTL8139

I got the error from topic's title and here is what I checked:

Mac OS X 10.6.2 Update Combo
Intel Atom Kernel 10.2.0
Chameleon RC3 PCEFI 10.5
Graphic Enabler
NVEnabler
AppleHDA
ALC888b for Gigabyte
VoodooHDA (0.2.52 new)
RTL8139 Ethernet
RTL8169 Ethernet
AHCI SATA Fix Extra/Extensions (not sure)
Legacy SATA Fix (not sure)
AppleRTC
JMicronATA Injector
IOATAFamily Fix
IOATAFamily SATA Fix Extra/Extensions
SMBIOSResolver
UUID
AdditionalFonts
X11
Rosetta
QuickTime 7

You can find info about that Snow Leopard image at The Pirate Bay (write in search: snow leopard hazard and the normal, not server client version, will be that). Please if you know what I have to check and what not, tell me because I lost all my data (games, files, programs - everything) to install Mac OS X - I thought that it will install with no problems.

PS: PLEASE HELP ME (I know that I should create another topic)

alochet

alochet

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts
This command worked for me:

platform=acpi|x86pc mach_970 cpus=1

Havyxon

Havyxon

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
YEP YEP i fixed it on my dell C840... i am very noob and i am not geek or computer master. I am not worried, i am young (16)...

I´ve intalled mac os X via "Mac OS X 10.4.8 for Intel SSE3 Enabled PC.iso" i´ve downloaded... And I've tried many ways... wich checkboxes to check etc... But this fu...blahblahblah...cking error was comming up again and again... so i tried to install it witout any checked options (essentials only) but that was even worse (message about error ACPI came up) so i've installed it with Intell option only, cause i own notebook with Pentium 4M... So... it was horrible for me, when the error message came again... Then I booted the installed OsX86 (without a installation dvd just from hdd) and during booting i striked F8... then I've able to write a command "-s" so I've booted then i've recognized an error with NVDANV10Hal.kext ... so I've written /System/Library/Extensions/ and there were : localhost (blah blah i dont remember) /System/Library/Extensions/ root#: and I've written command "rm -R NVDA*" then for sure "rm -R "NVDANV10Hal.kext" In essence - I don't really now wich one actually helped... But who gives a /fck... But then i rebooted my comp and here we go... Mac os X loaded and now i am only lookin for way to set my wifi up... But i believe it will work... I feel happy because i've had troubles with it for several days... But i havent gave up... and i defeated that annoying error message!

So i hope my message will help for you. Maybe i will look at that problem again one day and i will post less confused advice... But only if anyone will need... So... PM me in that case... And if anyone have any ideas to set up wifi connection at Dell C840 (i have Dell True Mobile 1150 Series Mini-PCI Card) i will be very pleased if you will pm me (just direct me to right thread if does any exist)

strook

strook

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

guessing from your specs the kernel panic might be natit/titan related. try booting w/ the -v flag and put up a photo of the actual stack trace from the panic, we'll see if we can narrow down what is causing panic.

i think i've solved it:

reasons why it don't work:

1.:wrong graphics card.
2.:you installed the latest macosx update (mine was snow leopard 10.6.7)
3.:you deleted the macintelacpipowermanagement.kext
4.:you enabled power resume controlled by os (set it to bios)

no need to run just one core :P

mine is running with 4 cores now.

Theo75

Theo75

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
Hello! I was reffered here this website to help me with my problem with Running Tiger on a Dell M6300, When the installation got done and rebooted, I got this message.

Pic link included..

http://www.flickr.co...o75/5874561387/

can anyone here help me out?

TY!

Celeron osx86

Celeron osx86

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts
Your hard drive might have some bad sectors.Try another hard drive.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy