error : You need to restart your computer. Hold Down the Power button for several seconds or press the Restart button.

koumed

129 posts in this topic

YEP YEP i fixed it on my dell C840... i am very noob and i am not geek or computer master. I am not worried, i am young (16)...

I´ve intalled mac os X via "Mac OS X 10.4.8 for Intel SSE3 Enabled PC.iso" i´ve downloaded... And I've tried many ways... wich checkboxes to check etc... But this fu...blahblahblah...cking error was comming up again and again... so i tried to install it witout any checked options (essentials only) but that was even worse (message about error ACPI came up) so i've installed it with Intell option only, cause i own notebook with Pentium 4M... So... it was horrible for me, when the error message came again... Then I booted the installed OsX86 (without a installation dvd just from hdd) and during booting i striked F8... then I've able to write a command "-s" so I've booted then i've recognized an error with NVDANV10Hal.kext ... so I've written /System/Library/Extensions/ and there were : localhost (blah blah i dont remember) /System/Library/Extensions/ root#: and I've written command "rm -R NVDA*" then for sure "rm -R "NVDANV10Hal.kext" In essence - I don't really now wich one actually helped... But who gives a /fck... But then i rebooted my comp and here we go... Mac os X loaded and now i am only lookin for way to set my wifi up... But i believe it will work... I feel happy because i've had troubles with it for several days... But i havent gave up... and i defeated that annoying error message!

So i hope my message will help for you. Maybe i will look at that problem again one day and i will post less confused advice... But only if anyone will need... So... PM me in that case... And if anyone have any ideas to set up wifi connection at Dell C840 (i have Dell True Mobile 1150 Series Mini-PCI Card) i will be very pleased if you will pm me (just direct me to right thread if does any exist)

• 9 months later...
guessing from your specs the kernel panic might be natit/titan related. try booting w/ the -v flag and put up a photo of the actual stack trace from the panic, we'll see if we can narrow down what is causing panic.

i think i've solved it:

reasons why it don't work:

1.:wrong graphics card.

2.:you installed the latest macosx update (mine was snow leopard 10.6.7)

3.:you deleted the macintelacpipowermanagement.kext

4.:you enabled power resume controlled by os (set it to bios)

no need to run just one core :P

mine is running with 4 cores now.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...