intel 855 GME graphics problem

23 posts in this topic

i am not sure if this is the correct place to post this but its the closest thing i could find on the forum. I am trying to install OSX86 on my laptop i have a blank 20gb hd that i am going to use. i plan to do a native install with only OSX86 on the drive. my problem is that every time i boot up the installer it seem to boot in 8 bit color so i cant even make out the text. the installer seems to boot and everything seems to run ok but i can't install it cause i cant read the menus or anything for that matter. I am botting straigh from a DVD also when i do a ?video these are the options i get:

648x480x8

800x600x8

640x480x16

i have tried to set the "Graphics Mode" to 640x480x16 but i get the same result

i have a dell 500m

intel centrino 1.3

82852/82855 GM/GME graphics card

looks like video memory is the problem. At the boot option screen i get VESA 3.0 832KB so it look like i only have 832kb of video memory. i checked the bios, unfortunantly the stupid dell bios is worthless, their is no way for me to manually allocate video memory does anyone have any suggestions on how to fix this, any help will be greatly appreciated.

thanx

If you have searched 855GME and even Dell 700M which has the chipset, you often read this similar problem in that you have to do a warm boot (restart, not shutdown) from WinXP (with the right graphics driver, not safe mode in WinXP) which will then allocate the right amount of video memory.

The other way may be to try a number of OSX86 setup options (-x, -v)

eg, Safe mode, pressed F8 on Darwin Boot, then -x.

i have the same problem with the intel 845 graphics card, HOWEVER, i've been through the install so many times on another system, that i can get through it without seeing it clearly.

it is installing at the moment...

what i am wondering is, will my graphics improve once OS X is installed?

its not going to do much good if i can't see anything...

edit: oh well, install just gave me an error. i guess i wont have to worry about it.

• 2 weeks later...

Video Fix - run native @ 1280x800

For 855GM Intel chipsets (Dell 700m has this for integrated video), you can modify the Info.plist of the to make it work properly

AppleIntel830.kext -> Info.plist

Remove the 0x35828086 from the 830 portion

Change the 0x25828086 to 0x35828086 in the 915 portion

AppleIntel915.kext -> Info.plist

AppleIntelIntegratedGraphics.kext -> Info.plist

Change the 0x25828086 to 0x35828086

TRIED AND TESTED LOVE MY 1280*800

• 5 months later...

Are you using a Latitude D400? There is no option in there to change the Vram setting at all. I know that the updated bios for 510m or some other such dell laptop using the same chipset has the option of changing the vram.

I have a Dell desktop, not laptop.... You may try something else, althuogh it may not work. Install Mac OS from another PC on a USB HDD or USB pen, and then boot from it on your laptop. My laptop did not recognized the DVD, so I took out my HDD and put it on USB to a desktop, installed mac os, move the HDD on the laptop and it worked :)

• 5 months later...

I installed AppleIntel830.kext and AppleIntelIntegratedGraphics.kext along with the GA plugin and GLDriver according to instruction. modified the 0x3582 as described.

After reboot, I notice that AppleIntel830.kext was loaded but AppleIntelIntegratedGraphics.kext cannot be loaded and yield the following error

kextload: extension /System/Library/Extensions/AppleIntelIntegratedGraphics.kext appears to be valid

21AppleIntelFramebuffer is not compatible with its superclass, 13IOFramebuffer superclass changed?

kextload: a link/load error occured for kernel extension /System/Library/Extensions/AppleIntelIntegratedGraphics.kext

load failed for extension /System/Library/Extensions/AppleIntelIntegratedGraphics.kext

(run kextload with -t for diagnostic output)

I have a Dell Latitude X300 laptop with 855GME integrated graphic card. BCM4309 integrated wireless card, BCM5705M integrated network card, right now sound, wireless are all working except the 2D QE, I couldn't run google earth for mac on it.

Video Fix - run native @ 1280x800

For 855GM Intel chipsets (Dell 700m has this for integrated video), you can modify the Info.plist of the to make it work properly

AppleIntel830.kext -> Info.plist

Remove the 0x35828086 from the 830 portion

AppleIntel915.kext -> Info.plist

AppleIntelIntegratedGraphics.kext -> Info.plist

Change the 0x25828086 to 0x35828086

TRIED AND TESTED LOVE MY 1280*800

I tried the above method still get the same error message, please help out on this issue.

many thanks,

• 2 weeks later...

I have the exact same problem, Edmondmm.

Type: VGA-Compatible Controller

Bus: Built-In

VRAM (Total): 128 MB

Vendor: Intel (0x8086)

Device ID: 0x2562

Revision ID: 0x0001

Kernel Extension Info: No Kext Loaded <<======= Notice this line

Displays:

Display:

Resolution: 1024 x 768

Depth: 32-bit Color

Core Image: Not Supported

Main Display: Yes

Mirror: Off

Online: Yes

Quartz Extreme: Not Supported

Machine Name: jMac

Machine Model: ADP2,1

CPU Type: Intel® Pentium® 4 CPU

Number Of CPUs: 1

CPU Speed: 2.8 GHz

L2 Cache (per CPU): 512 KB

CPU Features: FPU VME DE PSE TSC MSR PAE MCE CX8 APIC SEP MTRR PGE MCA CMOV PAT PSE36 CLFSH DS ACPI MMX FXSR SSE SSE2 SS HTT TM EST

Memory: 256 MB

Bus Speed: 533 MHz

Boot ROM Version: VA84510A.86A.0030.P10.0402160229 (Intel Corp.)

Can someone help?

HINT: 855GME has NO support on OSX 10.4.3 and greater. No custom resolution. Nothing. Next time try searching.

OK...so I decided to put 10.4.1 back on my p7000d.

I keep getting this error:

{

"kext has a kernel dependency prior to version 6.0 and CFBundleIdentifier does not match executable's MODULE NAME" = true

}

• 5 months later...

and why can somebody get the kexkt file from 10.4.3 and lower and get this {censored} working????:dev:

i am just wondering....why does this not happen????has apple coded the drivers so it can only load good on

10..4.1?????

i have know 10.4.3 and i cant play videos...........what is the problem

there is a driver just recompile it anybody who can :(

pleas explain it to me i cant understand

• 7 months later...