• Please log in to reply
74 replies to this topic

m.muller

m.muller

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 71 posts

I don't think you have any option but to reinstall. After you have reinstalled, apply the patch before stopping the operating system in ANY way. Now, the wiki also states that you must have this patch on a CD or readable partition of some type (not SATA).

Hi all,
Well perhaps you can boot with -s option at startup. (single mode you will have a command shell as root)
Then after mount drive and then applied patch.
This may work butyou need some command prompt skill.

Good luck
Mathias

mj-tripps

mj-tripps

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Well, from what I can tell, my problem occurs between the installation and 1st boot. I don't even have the opportunity to apply the USB patch via separate cd/dvd.

During the installation, it does install for Intel SSE2/3, and I see no errors or warnings during installation.

Installation completes, it reboots, and then all I see is a flashing cursor on a blank screen. No apple splash screen even.

I read somewhere that the hard drive and cd/dvd drive need to be on the same cable, is there truth to this?

Originally, via bios, I had to change the option to allow legacy OS systems to boot.

Are there any other settings in BIOS that might be tripping me up?

thestevo

thestevo

InsanelyMac Chuck Norris

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 550 posts
  • Interests:A piano that's in tune and hardware that I don't have to write drivers for.
Ok, well, before you said that you get the no smoking symbol, so I responded to that. The flashing cursor on a blank screen is a problem all its own and is discussed quite frequently on this forum. It has to do with the inability of your computer to find a bootable OS. There are a number of things that can cause this, but the solutions that you are looking for are along the lines of repairing the MBR, boot0, etc... Take a look, and keep looking. Lots of solutions to try. If you get stuck, Rammjet is a pretty good authority on the subject.

Stephen

jdcon

jdcon

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
hi! is this compatible with the new macvidia driver? i tried it on mine and now when i boot up, all i get is a black screen.

any ideas? it worked fine before installing the macvidia drivers.

thestevo

thestevo

InsanelyMac Chuck Norris

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 550 posts
  • Interests:A piano that's in tune and hardware that I don't have to write drivers for.
Is what compatible with the new macvidia driver? This installer does not include the new macvidia driver because this installer is ONLY for 10.4.8 and if that is what you are using the best solution is Natit.

Your board won't stop you from using macvidia, on a pre-10.4.8 install. But, if thats what you are asking this was not the proper place to ask that question because this thread only pertains to this installer.

Stephen

jdcon

jdcon

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
Hi! Got it up and working right.. Didn't install the Natit the first time.. :star_smile: Problem now is that i can't get the 5.1 audio to work.. Tried the ALC888 and it detects the 5.1 but won't output audio at the same time.

Edited by jdcon, 20 January 2007 - 07:33 PM.

thestevo

thestevo

InsanelyMac Chuck Norris

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 550 posts
did you read the instructions on the 775Dual-VSTA wiki on how to enable 5.1 through midi aggregation?

thestevo

thestevo

InsanelyMac Chuck Norris

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 550 posts
Ok, Version 4.1 out.

Minor change, just support for Case Sensitive volumes.

Looks like sound isn't working. I know some of you were saying that it wasn't working, but others said, 'patch works great!' Maybe those people were ignoring the sound problem. So, now that I know its a problem, I'll probably fix it. However, now there is a pre-installation patch out that allows you to install to an SATA disk. MartaMarco came out with the method, I put out a PPF for it on the little green monster that also includes the disk utility downgrade.

This installer might have been obsoleted now. It is much more practical to fix the installer than to fix the installation. However, I might start working on that project I mentioned earlier. But, I would need some partners. My objective C programming skills haven't been used in so long...

Anyone interested?

Stephen

jdcon

jdcon

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
@thestevo

yeah, read and followed them but once i go to play anything sound only comes out from the left and right. I'm able to select the 5.1 option and test each speaker seperately without problems in the audio midi setup. But once i try itunes or a dvd i only get sound in the front L-R.

Which package did u install by the way? 3 ports or 6 ports?

About your last post, being able to install on a SATA drive would be perfect as i'm hoping to get one soon!

thanks so much!

thestevo

thestevo

InsanelyMac Chuck Norris

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 550 posts
I believe I installed the audio package with 3 ports + digital. I'm investigating problems with audio as I have time.

The ability to install on a SATA drive is now here. Use MartaMarco's process, or my PPF of his process, on an installation ISO and away you go.

Stephen

schumy

schumy

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts
I can't install on SATA. I modified the ISO with MartaMarco's files and when I try to install with this disc, the computer shows a error of installation. Your PPF is not downloable now..

thestevo

thestevo

InsanelyMac Chuck Norris

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 550 posts
The procedure outlined on the wiki works correctly, as that is exactly what I followed to create the PPF. As for the PPF itself... everything is crazy right now on the whole BT end of things. I'm gonna stay off of seeding at least until some of this dust settles. I don't have the resources to host it on a webserver so I don't yet know what I will be doing. If there are some people willing to seed, I'm sure somebody must have it. I seeded well over 350 times all told. So, there should be a way to get ya going.

Stevo

Obi

Obi

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 69 posts
Sorry for asking

Is there any Leopard version of the installer or may I use the old 10.4.8 version?

It unfortunatey seems that my PCiE is not correctely recognized even in 10.4.8

But it worked for SATA and network in 10.4.8...

Thank you

Obi

Obi

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 69 posts

Sorry for asking

Is there any Leopard version of the installer or may I use the old 10.4.8 version?

It unfortunatey seems that my PCiE is not correctely recognized even in 10.4.8

But it worked for SATA and network in 10.4.8...

Thank you

I answer myself

The 10.4.8 package also works on leo ...

eukanuba

eukanuba

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
*edit*
never mind:
http://forum.insanel...o...0&start=100

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   Web hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy