**10.4.8** ASRock 775Dual-VSTA drivers and installer script

thestevo

75 posts in this topic

Alrighty,

Version 4.0 is out. It fixes the problem that nikje and I are dealing with here. It will ask you where you unzipped your files to - and if it can't find them it won't delete or change your current ones. In other words, it won't mess with anything until it knows it can do it right. Yeah, I know this should have been done sooner, but I neither had the knowledge nor the time to find how to do it. Finding info on bash commands is easy, but finding things like -e (that would be an argument, not option) for the if command is a little time consuming when you don't know what exactly to put into the search engine.

Anywho, I also removed the AppleAzaliaAudio.kext from the package; since it wasn't being used. I ran the script through using a different location than the desktop, so all should be good.

Stephen

Edited by thestevo

that doesnt work.. somehow there are no kexts on the install dvd whatsoever

i think I should just reinstall mac os x.

thanks for your help anyhow.

I will report if your package does the trick after a reinstall and immediately applying the package..

thanks for your help

Sorry, nikje,

I must admit, I've never actually had to use mount_msdos, I only know the theory behind it. Perhaps somebody as knowledgeable as Rammjet would be able to save the day here. Again, I apologize for this situation, but I do believe this latest version should be the ticket. It has no hardcoded locations whatsoever. It will prompt you for where you unzipped the folder and then it will check for each and every file before it makes changes to your system. Please be sure and post your results, it would be a peace of mind to know that it works.

Be sure to get the latest version before you use again!

Stephen

Running Terminal on the install DVD, you do not need to mount any disks. If they are mountable, they are already mounted. But since the install DVD is the root directory, all mounted partitions are under the "Volumes" directory.

/Volumes/(name-of-OSX-partition)

/Volumes/(name of-FAT32-partition) <== might be called "Untitled" if you didn't name it.

Diskutil list will tell you the name right after the type "DOS_FAT_32". Mine is named "WINXP"

/dev/disk1
  #:				   type name			   size	  identifier
  0: FDisk_partition_scheme					*372.6 GB disk1
  1:			 DOS_FAT_32 WINXP			  10.0 GB   disk1s1
  2:			  Apple_HFS MacOSX			 16.0 GB   disk1s2
  3:			  Apple_HFS OSX Test		   10.0 GB   disk1s3
  4:			  Apple_HFS Data			   336.6 GB  disk1s4

cp /Volumes/(name-of-FAT32-partition/(filename) /Volumes/(name-of-OSX-partition)/(filename)

Sudo is not needed when working from Terminal on the install DVD or from single-user mode (F8 followed by -s)

that doesnt work either, rammjet.

I have the jas 10.4.8 reseed dvd and it's not mounting fat32 filesystems

not at all

so I just installed the whole system

and now it's working just fine.

Im about to install the patch stephen made

I will let you know if it works.

Ok, file is back up. Sorry, mediamax was being really slow and wouldn't let me change my files. Right now its hosted on filelodge, which requires that you click one link then sit through like a ten second advertisement. If anybody has a better suggestion for a file host, I'm all ears. I wish it was small enough to attach to the post...

Stephen

I'm using firefox also, that wasn't the problem.

But now nothing on that site will load at all. This is strange, every place I've tried to host this today has gone down. But, apparently mediamax is back up...

So I'll put it back up on mediamax and leave both links, see if one works for you.

Stephen

My apologies, I didn't fully understand how that worked. I thought it sent the file as an attachment to the email address instead of sending a link.

YouSendIt Mirror added.

Yes, I would love to look into that.

Could you please tell me exactly how it wasn't working?

(e.g. Icon but no sound, no icon, error messages, etc...)

Thanks,

Stephen