Natit for Nvidia with dual display

bofors

161 posts in this topic

One last very interesting UPDATE....

If I use the method posted at the begining of this thread.....

add Natit kext, repair, sudo, rm method....

Then open natit.kext with BBedit and add...before...

0x0392&0x000010de& (the 0x000010de&amp is added by the Natit kext, the previos id is my Device id, it boots REALLY fast in mirror mode, but 1024/768 with no CI/QE.

So now I know I am close....but I think I have reached the furthest I can without any advanced help.

Vendor: NVIDIA (0x10de)

Device ID: 0x0392

Revision ID: 0x00a1

I think I have done everything possible.

I am sure someone has gotten as close as I and got it to work.

Peace, Blessings, and coolness all.......

Another question,

I even tried this method.....

http://66.218.69.11/search/cache?p=replace...tl=us''

Post #6 by Spanako......

and this is what my three file id's look like

<string>0x039210de&0x0000ffff</string>

Also, am getting these messages on Camino....STOLEN.WWWx86.org over some of my tabs (post, edit, delete).......

IDEAS?

At first I thought it was due to both LCD being Analog but as you can see from the above thread, some DO have success with two analog LCDS using DVI to VGA convertor whereas another poster said he had to use some sort of cable....

Am very confused!

and whats up with the Stolen message?

Thanks!

Hrm, I'm starting to wonder if graphics cards are having issues with VGA / VGA Adapters. When I have dual lcd's hooked up via dvi i'm fine. Just a thought.

i don;t know but one person got his card working with two analog LCDS and DVI adapters, so its possible.

I have given more than enough information, have tried everything I know how and surely someone must be able to help me!

Thanks!

Since no one is replying, i'd try macvidia.com for help. GL!

Maybe someone is mad at me!? Did I make a boo boo!

LOL! Seriosly, its one of these things that I've come to realize about this board and that is, when something new comes out, everyone is all over it, instant responses, etc. But if you come here and are late and its NOT really new news, the responses are most often non existing. Strange, as a message board is supposed to be helpful. Every go to Mad.onion? They anwser in a matter of seconds and its not like I am asking dumb questions, I did my research and have tried every possible way imagined and not one helpful comment.

Weird.

Yah the only thing I can really recommend is starting fresh and using the Natit dual v.02 drivers with nvidiaEFI.kext. And clearing the extensions cache.

Have you tried irc?

Where is this so called nvdiaEFI.kext? And start fresh, as in delete NATIT kext, put back default in geforce, ras40, etc and delete other kexts as well, how to do clear exntesions cache?

Thanks!

Glory to God, an Anwser. Thank you, at least its a start. Maybe I am on my way. 48 hours so far. I have done nothing else on my mac for almost 2 days!!

Where is this so called nvdiaEFI.kext? And start fresh, as in delete NATIT kext, put back default in geforce, ras40, etc and delete other kexts as well, how to do clear exntesions cache?

Thanks!

Glory to God, an Anwser. Thank you, at least its a start. Maybe I am on my way. 48 hours so far. I have done nothing else on my mac for almost 2 days!!

Yes that is what I meant as far as start fresh.

You can clean your cache like so:

sudo rm /System/Libary/Extensions.kextcache

sudo rm /System/Library/Extensions.mkext

Which files have you tried adding your device id to?

I added mine to NVDAResman.kext and NVDANV40Hal.kext. Try those 2 out. You can get nvidiaEFI.kext from macvidia.com

Try those 2 out, see how it goes.

Here is exactly what I did to get this to work for me (I have an nVidia GeForce 6600 with one DVI and one VGA):

1) Install from Jas 10.4.8 WITH the NV40 kexts installed

2) Add my device ID of my graphics card to the following:

NVDANv40Hal.kext

NVDAResman.kext

GEForce.kext

*not sure if I did this correctly, however, when I added my Device ID, I notice that all the existing device ID's had a trailing 0xfff0ffff, so exactly what I added was 0x00f210de&0xfff0ffff

3) Delete the file AGPGart from /System/Library/Extensions (I tried not doing this, and it does not work without this step)

4) Copy Natit V.01 (this is the only one that worked for me due to 1 DVI, 1 VGA) to the System/Library/Extensions folder.

5) open terminal and do the following:

sudo chown -R root:wheel /System/Library/Extensions/*; sudo chmod -R 755 /System/Library/Extensions/*

and

sudo rm -f /System/Library/Extensions.mkext /System/Library/Extensions.kextcache

5) Reboot

I then backed up the changed kexts, so that when I reinstalled OSX on my large HD (which I just did), I didn't have to change them, just replace.

Hope this helps, I now have full resolution on dual monitors (1680 X 1050 and 1024 X 768)

mm0

muzicman0, how is gaming?

the &0xfff0ffff at the end is a wild card for other device ids that may start to match but aren't perfect. It's not needed if you know your device id, but doesn't hurt to have it either.

Has anyone used Natit dual v.01 AND v.02? What are the differences?

I'm not really a gamer, so honestly couldn't tell you. I haven't tried much of anything at this point except Parallels (which was a pain to install since I'm on an AMD64, had to hack that also!). So far, the experience has been good though.

mm0

Here is exactly what I did to get this to work for me (I have an nVidia GeForce 6600 with one DVI and one VGA):

1) Install from Jas 10.4.8 WITH the NV40 kexts installed

2) Add my device ID of my graphics card to the following:

NVDANv40Hal.kext

NVDAResman.kext

GEForce.kext

*not sure if I did this correctly, however, when I added my Device ID, I notice that all the existing device ID's had a trailing 0xfff0ffff, so exactly what I added was 0x00f210de&0xfff0ffff

3) Delete the file AGPGart from /System/Library/Extensions (I tried not doing this, and it does not work without this step)

4) Copy Natit V.01 (this is the only one that worked for me due to 1 DVI, 1 VGA) to the System/Library/Extensions folder.

5) open terminal and do the following:

sudo chown -R root:wheel /System/Library/Extensions/*; sudo chmod -R 755 /System/Library/Extensions/*

and

sudo rm -f /System/Library/Extensions.mkext /System/Library/Extensions.kextcache

5) Reboot

I then backed up the changed kexts, so that when I reinstalled OSX on my large HD (which I just did), I didn't have to change them, just replace.

Hope this helps, I now have full resolution on dual monitors (1680 X 1050 and 1024 X 768)

mm0

Good Lord, I think I have tried this but will give it a shot. [b]Where are the KEXTS on the JaS DVD?[/b] You would think it would be in the System/Library (on DVD) but there is no EXTENSIONS Folder, at least not that I see, yet. It may be inn installations packages.

Update II. Found on install folder and in zip archive, copied to desktop, unzipped. Wish me luck, will copy over, then reinstall and see what happens.

Also, are your displays (both) Analog? Mine are and it seems one person says he needed some DVI sub cable to convert to analog, whereas another said he was fine with two DVI >VGA adapters. Also, this may sound dumb, but did you install first the Nvidia driver so you could use the CARD, or does this DUAL DISPLAY driver also include a DRIVER for the card? Maybe thats what the problem is as I am assuming you need at least the CARD DRIVER (Natit_1.0 driver package) then the dual package. As there is no documentation to indicate otherwise.

One thing i noticed is that trying different options always said UPGRADE, so nothing new was getting written, what program, if any, removes previous software installs, changes, so one can actually excute an upgrade/install from a previous install? I'm thinking TIMEMACHINE not yet released....

FWIW, I have added my device to everything possible (LOL) to no avail. The only thing I did not do was delete the AGP file.

Thanks!

Ok, as you can see,

I am NOT losing my mind even though it is going on 3 days so far of trying to get this to work....

I opened the JaS DVD, went to the system/installation packages and copied the NV40 to desktop. I then extracted the archive file and replaced all the Geforce/Nvidia/Resman kexts.

I did get a message at one time saying I did not have permission to access the GefroceGA.kext (probably due to it being in use) so I trashed it and placed the fresh file from the JaS 10.4.8 DVD in there.

I then added the NATIT V.01 kext and ran all the normal terminal commands as well as added my id.

Bottom line, extactly where I was before I started, one monitor works (VGA) (the DVI >VGA will work by itself if VGA unplugged).

Both show the boot up screen, and GREY LOGO, however, when it gets to the dark portion, only the VGA monitor recovers.

Still seeking Help.

My Edited KEXTS for your/anyones review.

I also deleted the AGPGart.kext too, nothing. Going on 3 very long days. Not giving up. Someone will know, I just have to

\keep some faith and believe someone will have the solution as to why its not taking.

The DRIVER itself is taking as I do have one monitor with QE/CI working, just not the dual display, Yet!

Thanks, Thanks, Thanks, Thanks, Thanks, Thanks, Thanks, Thanks and Thanks again!!!!!!!

Geforce Kext

gefrocekextqx4.th.gif

Resman Kext

resmanji1.th.gif

HAL40

val40yp7.th.gif

Still NO luck, for what its worth though, if I add the text like yours above but with MY id, both SCREENS boot up in mirror mode, NO QE/CI and at 1024x768, si I think you mean amp: or similar in between the two.

Have tried fresh KEXTS from the JaS DVD several times with different ways (Natit 1 package, Natit Dual oth v 1 and v2, Natit dual installer 1 and 2, a 7600GT/GS dual installer that someone made (posted somewhere here) and have gone to mac vidia, registered, got the email, tried to log in and got a message, account has been disabled, please contact admin.....R U kidding me?

Gessssh, talk about bad luck! I even offered to pay someone if they could help me.

Still loooking for help!

Thanks (again).

Are there other DUAL DISPLAY drivers that I can try?

Wow, am so tired from all this!

Still NO luck, for what its worth though, if I add the text like yours above but with MY id, both SCREENS boot up in mirror mode, NO QE/CI and at 1024x768, si I think you mean amp: or similar in between the two.

Have tried fresh KEXTS from the JaS DVD several times with different ways (Natit 1 package, Natit Dual oth v 1 and v2, Natit dual installer 1 and 2, a 7600GT/GS dual installer that someone made (posted somewhere here) and have gone to mac vidia, registered, got the email, tried to log in and got a message, account has been disabled, please contact admin.....R U kidding me?

Gessssh, talk about bad luck! I even offered to pay someone if they could help me.

Still loooking for help!

Thanks (again).

Are there other DUAL DISPLAY drivers that I can try?

Wow, am so tired from all this!

As far as I know the only 2 are Natit Dual V.02 and .01. If those don't work and adding your device ids don't work, I'd suggest a new card -_-.

Perhaps a 7900gs?

As far as I know the only 2 are Natit Dual V.02 and .01. If those don't work and adding your device ids don't work, I'd suggest a new card :P.

Perhaps a 7900gs?

Well, there are two things....

Besides I just bought this card but have past the 15 day return policy.....

Anyway, what about an APPLE DVI to VGA adapter? Wonder if that would work, or just a DVI monitor?

If I delete the kexts info, it will boot up in 1-24x768 on BOTH monitors in MIRROR with NO QE/CI. So I know its powering, so if someone looks at my info, I am sure that there HAS to be a way as many have had success!

Thanks!

I have ASUS 6600GT 128Mb with DVI/VGA and Tv out. QE/CI working, but i dont have DUAL :( . I have tried every possible solution but no go, i think i am 48 hours on this and i am desperate.

Has anyone managed to make dual display work on 6600?

Thanks.

xalexas-

make sure that you are using Natit .01. I have the 6600, and it works fine for me. see my post above, which outlined my exact steps that I did to get it to work.

Is your card PCI-E or AGP? Mine is AGP.

mm0

I have installed Natit Dual V02 for NVidia 7600 Series Cards from Diabolik's site here

The OSX started ok with the resolution changed down from 1024x768 to 800x600.

I went to my System Profiler and it tells the my Graphic card is not QE supported

I dont want dual display, just to enable QE for running Final Cut Pro 5.1

What i did:

1) Started with a clean 10.4.8 Install (Jas AMD-Intel-SSE2-SSE3 with PPF1 and PPF2) I had Titan already installed by default with this instalation.

2) Didn't deleted/modified any files/kexts and Installed Natit Dual V02 for NVidia 7600 Series Cards with AGPGart.kext V2.2 from Diabolik's site = QE not supported

3) Deleted Titan from my Extenstions folder =QE not supported

4) Added my DEVID into GeForce.kext = QE not supported

5) Added my DEVID to NVDANVHal40.kext and NVDAResman.kext = QE not supported

6) Stoped as i didn't wanted to mess up my OSX install again (as it happened to me for 10's of times already trying to get QE supported)

I mention that after all above stepes i did set the permission, deleted Extensions.kextcache/mkext and repaired permissions with the reboot in the end.

My 7600GS NVidia card model is a WinFast from Leadtek on AGP

Now here are my specs:

Hardware Overview:

Machine Name: Apple Development Platform

Machine Model: ADP2,1

Processor Name: AMD Sempron Processor 2600+

Processor Speed: 1.61 GHz

Total Number Of Cores: 1

L2 Cache (per CPU): 128 KB

CPU Features: FPU VME DE PSE TSC MSR PAE MCE CX8 APIC SEP MTRR PGE MCA CMOV PAT PSE36 CLFSH MMX FXSR SSE SSE2

Memory: 768 MB

Bus Speed: 400 MHz

Graphics/Displays

GeForce 7600 GS:

Chipset Model: GeForce 7600 GS

Type: Display

Bus: AGP

VRAM (Total): 256 MB

Vendor: NVIDIA (0x10de)

Device ID: 0x02e1

Revision ID: 0x00a2

Displays:

Display:

VGA Display:

Resolution: 1024 x 768 @ 75 Hz

Depth: 32-bit Color

Core Image: Not Supported

Main Display: Yes

Mirror: Off

Online: Yes

Quartz Extreme: Not Supported

As you can see QE is not supported, and i don't know what else i can to, i have tryied all the methods suggested on this forum, and i'm tired of OSX crashing after modifing my kexts and having to install all again and take it from beggining.

Any help would be very very welcomed!

Thanks in advance!

xalexas-

make sure that you are using Natit .01. I have the 6600, and it works fine for me. see my post above, which outlined my exact steps that I did to get it to work.

Is your card PCI-E or AGP? Mine is AGP.

mm0

Thanks for replly muzicman, i have PCIe. I have tried with Natit0.1 as you describe it but no results. I have one monitor attached to DVI and other to VGA. Both monitors works correctly if only one is connected, with both connected only VGA works, other one is blank. Both monitors and display adapter are recognized correctly in About Mac. My device ID is 0x0140, what's yours?

Xalexas, Have you tried swapping the monitors on the ports in the back and seeing if the main one changes?

I can't swap them because one of them does not have DVI port.

But today i have found DVI to VGA adapter and VGA cable from my display adapter bundle and conected both monitors as VGA and BANG! it works as DUAL extended!

That was the only way i have successed to make it work. Picture quality is much degraded compared to DVI connection. Colors seems like a bit washed away. I am designer and it is very big downside for me. Still no luck with DVI and VGA combo.

I don't have a clue why DUAL works with DVI/Dsub adapter connected to DVI port and don't work directly on DVI?

Hey gurus, anyone have idea?

Are you sure you have Natit .01 installed? I have heard of the adapter working on .02...might be worth a look...

mm0

Yes i am absolutely sure that i have Natit 0.1, also have tried with Natit 0.2, Natit_edited, developement version, NVinject, NeoPheus installer version, and i can't remember all the other that i have used...I have tried every possible solution that i had find here. Works only through DVI/VGA adapter for me.

I have even edited 3 (NV*, Geforce) kexts with my device ID but without any results or change. Everytime repaired permissions and cleared cache, except with NeoPheus installer which uninstaller script has damaged my OSX installation.

Someone has mentioned solution with Natit.kext edititing, but i didn't understood what should be edited there. Maybe someone who knows can explain.

You didnt told me yor Device ID? Maybe DVI and VGA won't work on 6600GT PCIe 128Mb.

Thanks for help.