SSE2 - Exp 4 released (UPDATE2: Exp6 out)

semthex

106 posts in this topic

Hi,

I need help to acquire CI/QE and change my screen resolution..

My Graphic Card is GeForce FX 5200 128MB. (Just bought it yesterday!!)

I did a clean installation starting from 10.4.6 > upgrade to 10.4.8 with Semthex kernel beta 9 > upgrade to Exp6.

Everything works! I managed to load the new Kernel 8.8.1.

I even managed to run itunes 7 earlier using my built in graphics card (Intel 82845G) before I purchased my GeForce FX 5200..

I loaded Titan.Kext and yes, I can see my graphics card name in the "About This Mac" but with no CE/QI and still unable to change my screen resolution..I'm stuck at 800 x 600...

I also edited my GeForce.kext to match my DEV ID..still no luck!

I really need help here...

Novice...

Thanks!!

Edited by logimaster

I managed to update to Semthex's kernel this weekend on my Pentium M (SSE2) laptop.

I roughly followed this guide by SaberSHO, except that I didn't do a clean install. And I ran into a few problems that required some time with the OS X Install DVD (and multiple reboots) to fix. But I'm now up and running, and most things seem to work.

iTunes 7.0 runs natively. No need to use the PPC app. No memory errors.

I can run Safari and browse the web. (And post here.)

I can watch movie trailers. (Well, except for the one for The Aristocrats. It plays but the video is all weird. But that might just be because my ATI 9000 Mobility isn't supported.)

But here's my question:

Is Rosetta working for everybody?

I tried running QuickTime Player under Rosetta and it does the ol' one-bounce-and-never-starting-up thing. I tried running Palm Desktop for my PDA. (It worked before I updated.) And it does the same thing because it's a PPC app.

So can people test Rosetta to see if it's working with in the new kernel?

I'm going to go back and try a clean install. (Mostly because update_prebinding isn't working for me. And it wasn't working BEFORE I updated to Semthex, either.) This could very easily be a problem with just my install.

Oh, and semthex. If this turns out to be a problem with the kernel, I apologize in advance for finding it. I know how hard this stuff is to do, and I think you've done a great job of getting things working. :(