Getting Nvidia GeForce Working with Titan/Natit

Rammjet

137 posts in this topic

Is it possible that in past playing around they got moved?

Remember, instead of "NVDANVxxHal.kext", you must replace the "xx" with the correct value of 10, 20, 30, etc. And in a previous posting, I said to look for NVDANV10Hal.kext.

You should have all 5 of these kexts:

NVDAResman.kext

NVDANV40Hal.kext

NVDANV30Hal.kext

NVDANV20Hal.kext

NVDANV10Hal.kext

hi there ramjet!! sorry for late replay!! nope havent played with it.. does it come with install dvd? i use amd test from tubgirl or i need to install the macvidia?(macvidia not working with my card tried several times and i ealways end up re installing it, so i did not install it in this 1) when i tried to list all the kext in my extension folder, the only kext that start with "N" is the natit... is there any way i could get those missing kext?

thanks

Hi

I've got a problem. QE/CI doesn't work

1-I installed Jas 10.4.8 Combo Update with SSE2 Semthex Kernel Beta 9

2- I tried to install Titan & Natit extensions (editting GeForce, NVDAResman, NVDANV30Hal.kext previously)

I have an AMD 3000+ SSE2 processor with an AGP GeForce FX5500 but

I don't know how to do work QE/CI, Do I've forgotten anything?

If I have to copy OpenGL.framework from Official Combo Update...where I should do this?

thanks before your answers.

Extract (use pacifist) the OpenGL.framework from inside the Apple 10.4.8 Combo update.dmg.

Delete (or backup) your current /System/Library/Frameworks/OpenGL.framework/ ...then copy the new one to replace it. Just make sure file permissions stays root:wheel after copying...simple eh?

I INSTALLED FINAL CUT PRO UNIVERSAL BINARY IT TELLS ME this

This software requires certain hardware or software which is missing.

• Quartz Extreme Support.

every time i try to run does that mean i need to use titan or the other one nanit

if sdo how exactly would i do it i am a noob at this type of stuff my video card is a nvidia Geforce FX5200

i installed jas 10.4.6 and used an upsate to 10.4.7 than another jas update to 10.4.8 so i am fully updated and i have a hakintosh that runs a pentium 4 3.2 ghz with sse3

any help would greatly be appreciated and detailed step by step please

thanks in advance

i had a problem with the install.... when i go to do the sudo chow -Rf GeForce* Natit* ect. i always get the messages

chown: seperation of the user and group by a period is deprecated

chown: kext: invalid argument

wut is the issue? i am running 10.4.8 with semthex b9 kernel (from JaS combo 10.4.8 update plus kernel from semthex sse2) so wut gives? my hardware is

p4 2.49ghz sse2

1024mb ddr400/333 ram

6800gs agp 256mb gddr3 vram

865 something chipset

also recomendation instead of just saying plop natit/titan into extensions folder, uise command:

cp -R /(natit or titan).kext /System/Library/Extensions (assuming your natit/titan is found in your root (ie MacHD)

i found that just dropping it into the folder did not work... it came up with a "natit.kext could not be loaded improperly installed" message when i rebooted..... doing it with cp -R cleared the problem....

any help on my problem would be mucho appreciated

Grama

i had a problem with the install.... when i go to do the sudo chow -Rf GeForce* Natit* ect. i always get the messages

chown: seperation of the user and group by a period is deprecated

chown: kext: invalid argument

wut is the issue?

The issue is that I left something out of the command an no one mentioned it until now.

The command is:

sudo chown -Rf root:wheel GeForce* NVDA* Titan* Natit*

and I fixed it in the first posting.

Hi,

I have a GeForce MX440 (NV18).

I installed the DVD 10.4.6 Myz and the patch SSE2 Semthex beta9.

Replace the files (OpenGL.framework, kexts, repairpermissions, etc).

The system hangs after this.

Booted in single user mode, I did try to load the kext (kextload -t NVDANV10Hal.kext)

and it complain about missing symbols (_GPU_FB_RDBLOCK and _GPU_FB_WRBLOCK).

The others modules loads successfully (NVDANV20Hal, NVDANV30Hal, etc...)

Is there any hope for this module work ?

PS.: Sorry, my english "sux", but i hope you guys understand what i wrote...

well thanks for fixing the guide there ramjet... however i have done everything and so far no goods on the qe/ci..... it recognizes wut my card is (nvidia 6800gs 256mb agp) and all but still no love on the qe/ci.... when u say u have to replace the string values in the files, in my NVDAResman.kext file and NVDANV40Hal.kext the string has more than one spot wher it looks like i should put the device id.... should i replace all of them? in the GeForce.kext i found that there was only one spot in the string... but not so in the other two.... any help would be appreciated!!!!

Grama

in my NVDAResman.kext file and NVDANV40Hal.kext the string has more than one spot wher it looks like i should put the device id.... should i replace all of them?

Those other strings are designed to help the kext work with a range of different cards. You only need it to work with yours. Take them all out and replace them with one string - yours, just like in the GeForce.kext.

<string>0xNNNN10de</string>

just wondering if this step is mandatory to making it work.... if it is maybe mention it in the guide so unix dummies like me know that it needs to be done to work :tomato:... will try thanks for quick replies

update tried wut u suggested and no love.... i followed the guide step by step.... wtf i am not doing? any suggestions? ramjet u said some extra stuff at the end of your 7600gs explantion.... just wondered wut u were taking about! thanks again

GRama

Edited by Grama

ramjet u said some extra stuff at the end of your 7600gs explantion.... just wondered wut u were taking about! thanks again

I said:

After adding all of the files, I repaired permissions and removed the kext caches and rebooted.

In the guide, the first 2 lines that you type into Terminal removes (rm = remove) the kext caches and the last 3 lines repair permissions (chown, chmod, diskutil)

Hi,

I have a GeForce MX440 (NV18).

I installed the DVD 10.4.6 Myz and the patch SSE2 Semthex beta9.

Replace the files (OpenGL.framework, kexts, repairpermissions, etc).

The system hangs after this.

Booted in single user mode, I did try to load the kext (kextload -t NVDANV10Hal.kext)

and it complain about missing symbols (_GPU_FB_RDBLOCK and _GPU_FB_WRBLOCK).

The others modules loads successfully (NVDANV20Hal, NVDANV30Hal, etc...)

Is there any hope for this module work ?

PS.: Sorry, my english "sux", but i hope you guys understand what i wrote...

first of all, nice nick! =D hahahahh :) Unfortunally I think that your card doesn't work with Titan. Maybe you can try my solution and see if it works, but not so sure: http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=36044

Put your DeviceID on the kexts I mentionend and then follow the instructions correctly..

see ya