Kernel Panic - Natit uni 1.0 - Geforce.kext - IOPCIFamily

-TiLT-

10 posts in this topic

Hi,

just wanted to report, that I was not able to get natit to work on my configuration. I get a kernel panic from Geforce.kext with IOPCIFamily, IOGraphicsFamily, IONDRVSupport and BVDAResman.

Once removed the Geforce.kext, everythings fine except acceleration.

I checked the dependencies in the panic backtrace one by one and the problematic one is in my opinion the IOPCIFamily. Removed it from the Info.plist of Geforce.kext and panic was gone, but no acceleration.

Am I doing something wrong? Does this need some editing of files?

In #kernel several people told me, that this issue might be related to nforce chipsets.

As a sidenote. The installer crashed, so I did the installation by hand with pre- and postinstall files + copying of the System folder in the pkg.

-TiLT-

• 3 weeks later...

I have same problem...I have deleted al GeForce kext and work on my X1600 but with nvidia GeForce 7300LE dont' work because with natit call GeForce and i have black screen.

PS. I have A8N SLI SE

• 3 weeks later...

I got the same problem.

Have tried hours now, 100% devids are set right etc etc etc. I get full resolution support running nicely 1280x1024x32@85hz (set from display panel) and System Profiler also mentions my 7900 GT/GTO but NO CI/QE :)

When I try to load Geforce.kext I get a kernel panic, so there lies a problem :(

• 2 weeks later...

How can I not load geforce.kext, and how can I replace it?

After installing OS X I get kernel panic, and cannot boot into the gui - without accelleration or not...

Has been messing around in the terminal when booted with the parameters -v -s, but nothing makes sense. The geforce.kext that is in /system/library/extensions/ is protected, along with the entire system folder. Sudo chmod dosen't work, but I'm sure you knew that already...

• 2 weeks later...

Have you guys tried your other outputs? like other vga or dvi ports.

I had the panic you're describing as well, when I edited my devID in all possible kexts.`

I can only manage to fully have my second output working anyway, and it works better when I don't edit any kexts at all (just titan or natit and maybe geforce.kext).

So if you have not tried that yet, connect monitor on 2nd output and also try without editing kexts.

The kext standardly look for a range of GPU's (the original 0x000010de&0x0000ffff string), and if that does not cause any trouble, you can get it working without kext editing (i think)

Could be a mistake by me of course, but if I edit ALL of them, mine panics as well.

How can I not load geforce.kext, and how can I replace it?

After installing OS X I get kernel panic, and cannot boot into the gui - without accelleration or not...

Has been messing around in the terminal when booted with the parameters -v -s, but nothing makes sense. The geforce.kext that is in /system/library/extensions/ is protected, along with the entire system folder. Sudo chmod dosen't work, but I'm sure you knew that already...

When booting the computer, press F8, and then write -s to get the prompt.

(-v is for verbose output, not needed...)

Then follow onscreen instructions, ie write /sbin/fsck -fy and then /sbin/mount -uw /

You now have write access to the disk you are in.

To Turn off write halt, type logout to try to boot osx write (FYI...).

On nvidia-based systems, you can't access SATA-disks, so if you want to transfer

files you'll have to put it on another IDE-disk or partition on IDE-disk.

NTFS is treated as read-only, and to get access to a IDE-NTFS-volume, do this

(To mount NTFS ...)

Go to /Volumes (cd /Volumes)

Create a folder (mkdir YourFolderName), a tip: name it the label of the NTFS partition...

Try the TAB to complete text if you can't remember...

Go to /dev (write cd /dev )

List items here (write ls), or if your lucky enough to find the "pipe"-key

on the keyboard, write lsPIPEgrep disk (where PIPE is the pipe character...)

Whatever you've chosen, you'll se a lot of files, or devices,

on the screen, the important ones are those beginning with disk.

You'll have to find out which one that is the volume you want.

To mount and use, do this:

mount_ntfs /dev/disk0s1 /Volumes/YourFolderName

(replace /disk0s1 with the chosen disk from ls output above...)

If mounted correctly, you can access the disk by typing cd /Volumes/YourFolderName

If you want to unmount and try another, write umount /Volumes/YourFolderName

Try-and-retry is the solution here... somewhere is the volume

(Notice again, SATA is NOT accessible)

To copy files, do cp /The/path/to/the/file

To copy whole directories, do cp -R /The/path/to/the/file /New/path

To move file or dir, do mv /The/path/to/the/file /New/path

To remove file, do rm -d /The/path/to/the/file

To kick out GeForce.kext, go to /System/Libraries, create a folder,

(Extensions.disabled maybe...), go to Extensions folder,

move out GeForce.kext from here into Extensions.disabled:

- cd /System/Libraries

- mkdir Extensions.disabled