• Please log in to reply
59 replies to this topic

sumguy

sumguy

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
nvidia Quadro FX 1000, Asus K8V-MX-S motherboard (VIA K8M800/VT8237 chipset) AMD64 Sempron 2800.

i installed uphuck 1.4a, and chose natit .2 in the installer. worked great, had resolutions and dual monitor right away. after that i put my graphic card device id into GeForce.kext, NVDANV30Hal.kext, and NVDAResman.kext Info.plist, and removed the other NVDANVxxHal.kexts. then i had quartz extreme and core image.

i also chose agpgart 2.1, which improved performance hugely. that's it!!

it was much easier than the first time, when i used Jas 10.4.8 w. ppf1 & 2. - at first i couldn't even boot, got a kernel panic/restart in six languages screen. went in single user mode and deleted some geforce kext i think, can't remember which, sorry. then i could boot but only with 1024x768. installed natit, a bunch of geforce kexts, and did some info.plist editing. could get dual screens and different resolutions, but no qe/ci, and performance was extremely poor. adding agpgart only gave a black screen.

the main trick (thanks to toadman!) was to get the correct version numbers on all the kexts and bundles. here's what i'm using, i found them in the "backed up extensions folder". note: these work with the Quadro FX 1000 nvidia card, if you have a different card, you might need different versions of the kexts and bundles. [note: the later versions that come with uphuck 1.4a worked fine, i didn't have to change anything, just put the id in]

NVDANV30Hal.kext 1.4.40.4 (8.6.0f1)
NVDAResman.kext 1.4.40.4 (8.6.0f1)
GeForce.kext 1.4.40.4 (8.6.0f1)
GeForce2MXGLDriver.bundle 1.4.36.15 (8.5.0f2)
GeForce3GLDriver.bundle 1.4.36.15 (8.5.0f2)
GeForceFXGLDriver.bundle 1.4.40.4 (8.6.0f1)
GeForceGA.plugin 1.4.40.4 (8.6.0f1)
GeForceVADriver.bundle 1.4.40.4 (8.6.0f1)

plus, natit dual 0.2

i put my quadro fx device id in the first three (kexts) Info.plist files (but not in natit kext). just "0x030910de" and no ffffffff or whatever. changed the permissions and all that stuff, and viola! :( (<--this is me playing a viola) i had dual monitors and qe/ci.

then after that i put in agpgart 2.1 (not 2.2, it didn't do anything) and my benchmarks went up more than double! i now have no problem eg. watching HD (1280x720) movies full screen, even wmvs - something i can't do on my g4 powerbook!

hope this helps someone, i sure wish someone told me this a month ago!

here's my xbench results:

Results 72.11
System Info
Xbench Version 1.3
System Version 10.4.8 (8L2127)
Physical RAM 768 MB
Model ADP2,1
Drive Type ST3802110A
CPU Test 54.76
GCD Loop 87.96 4.64 Mops/sec
Floating Point Basic 66.81 1.59 Gflop/sec
vecLib FFT 33.23 1.10 Gflop/sec
Floating Point Library 60.16 10.48 Mops/sec
Thread Test 61.03
Computation 39.85 807.20 Kops/sec, 4 threads
Lock Contention 130.29 5.60 Mlocks/sec, 4 threads
Memory Test 65.79
System 59.22
Allocate 126.65 465.09 Kalloc/sec
Fill 44.19 2148.76 MB/sec
Copy 49.66 1025.67 MB/sec
Stream 74.00
Copy 70.38 1453.75 MB/sec
Scale 70.43 1455.01 MB/sec
Add 78.11 1663.84 MB/sec
Triad 77.84 1665.27 MB/sec
Quartz Graphics Test 79.86
Line 71.25 4.74 Klines/sec [50% alpha]
Rectangle 96.22 28.73 Krects/sec [50% alpha]
Circle 91.27 7.44 Kcircles/sec [50% alpha]
Bezier 82.69 2.09 Kbeziers/sec [50% alpha]
Text 66.06 4.13 Kchars/sec
OpenGL Graphics Test 94.53
Spinning Squares 94.53 119.91 frames/sec
User Interface Test 97.50
Elements 97.50 447.49 refresh/sec

rashin

rashin

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
I downloaded your NVIDIA working Kexts I want to know one thing does it has support for geforce 6150 ,if not can anything be done for getting it work

metaldragon

metaldragon

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

DELETE ALL NVIDIA AND GEFORCE KEXTS FROM /EXTENSIONS FOLDER

ok listen
1st of all go to system/extensions folder and DELETE ALL nvidia and geforce kexts etc
for example : Geforce.kext : DELETE IT
YOU MUST DELETE ALL THE FILES
now download this rar i 've made that inside are only the neccesary kexts i used to load nvidia
http://www.yourfileh...RKING_KEXTS.rar
extract everything and paste all the files inside this rar to EXTENSIONS folder
(dont extract the file CONSOLE COMMANDS.txt ! )
NOW YOU MUST MODIFY 3 KEXTS YOU JUST INSTALLED IN EXTENSIONS WITH YOUR devID CORRECTLY
THE 3 KEXTS ARE:
GEFORCE.KEXT
NVDARESMAN.KEXT
NVDANV40Hal.kext

you must do this with nano in the terminal and when you finish save the changes

now open terminal
type: sudo -s
enter your password
now copy/paste all this text to terminal (in 1 line)

sudo chown -R root:wheel /System/Library/Extensions/GeForce.kext ;
sudo chmod -R 755 /System/Library/Extensions/GeForce.kext
sudo chown -R root:wheel /System/Library/Extensions/NVDARESMAN.KEXT ;
sudo chmod -R 755 /System/Library/Extensions/NVDARESMAN.KEXT
sudo chown -R root:wheel /System/Library/Extensions/NVDANV40Hal.kext ;
sudo chmod -R 755 /System/Library/Extensions/NVDANV40Hal.kext
sudo chown -R root:wheel /System/Library/Extensions/Natit.kext ;
sudo chmod -R 755 /System/Library/Extensions/Natit.kext
sudo chown -R root:wheel /System/Library/Extensions/AGPGart.kext ;
sudo chmod -R 755 /System/Library/Extensions/AGPGart.kext
sudo chown -R root:wheel /System/Library/Extensions/GeForce2MXGLDriver.bundle ;
sudo chmod -R 755 /System/Library/Extensions/GeForce2MXGLDriver.bundle
sudo chown -R root:wheel /System/Library/Extensions/GeForce3GLDriver.bundle ;
sudo chmod -R 755 /System/Library/Extensions/GeForce3GLDriver.bundle
sudo chown -R root:wheel /System/Library/Extensions/GeForceFXGLDriver.bundle ;
sudo chmod -R 755 /System/Library/Extensions/GeForceFXGLDriver.bundle
sudo chown -R root:wheel /System/Library/Extensions/GeForceGA.plugin ;
sudo chmod -R 755 /System/Library/Extensions/GeForceGA.plugin
sudo chown -R root:wheel /System/Library/Extensions/GeForceVADriver.bundle ;
sudo chmod -R 755 /System/Library/Extensions/GeForceVADriver.bundle
sudo rm -f /System/Library/Extensions.mkext
sudo rm -f /System/Library/Extensions.kextcache
diskutil repairpermissions /

________________________________________________________________________________

now press enter at terminal
w8 for some seconds
type: reboot
if you did everything correctly after reboot you must have qe/ci
i've made easy for you the most serious part at terminal in one copy/paste
but you must also modify CORRECTLY the 3 kexts ,its very important also
plz dont ask me "what is devID,where can i find it?...how do i insert my devID etc etc"
im trying to help but there are answers for those common questions everywhere in forum!
hope this helps

A big big thanks to you spanakorizo, Slap on the back and all that. For a clear "Of What To Do".
And producing the rar file which was of great help. It took a long time to find your info but I guess the trick is to never give up looking, The Fix Is Out There.

I did not have to make any changes to the .kext as your card is the same (PNY 7600GS, 256mb) I did have to delete the AGPGART.kext and Wow, OMG it all worked just as you said it would.

Again Thanks.......

OSX 10.4.9 (Combo update with Koolkal latest kernel)
MSI 865PE Neo 2-V
Intel ICH5 Chipset
PNY Nvidia 7600GS, 256mb

programgeniusyu

programgeniusyu

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 48 posts
Hi...

I have nVidia 6200 with VGA and DVI outs... Two monitors Benq 22" (VGA) and SyncMaster (DVI)... Have installed Natit Dual v2.0...

On Benq have QE/CI enabled... 1680x1050.... BUT..!!!!

The II monitor is not working (not recognised.... It have parts of main desktop sqares all over it.

Chipset Model: GeForce 6200
Type: Display
Bus: PCI
VRAM (Total): 128 MB
Vendor: NVIDIA (0x10de)
Device ID: 0x0221
Revision ID: 0x00a1
Displays:
BenQ FP222W:
Resolution: 1680 x 1050 @ 60 Hz
Depth: 32-bit Color
Core Image: Supported
Main Display: Yes
Mirror: Off
Online: Yes
Quartz Extreme: Supported
Rotation: Supported
Display:

How to enable II monitor and Extended desktop..?
With Natit Dual V1.0 on smaller resolution (1024x768) have same picture on both monitors...?

dotslashsatan

dotslashsatan

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
DiabliK does you GS driver work for AGP 7600 GT? if so you should mention on your website cause i downloaded the other one and got kernel panic

programgeniusyu

programgeniusyu

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 48 posts
What to do...? Still nothing... My second monitor is standing a side but is still off....

BugsB

BugsB

InsanelyMac Deity

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,513 posts
Thanks spanakorizo, hopefully your guide has taken me beyond randomly but constantly reoccurring kernel panics at startup. Looking good after a few startups.

For the GeForece GO 7600 in my Toshiba Satellite P100-103 the magic line is as follows:

<string>0x039810de</string>

retrieved from my Windows Driver's .inf.

I deleted all the other strings in there in all three kexts.

Cheers,

Bugs

killabreakz

killabreakz

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
hi im new to the whole osx thing

i have installed 10.4.8 jas version osx and cannot get my graphics card working properly

i have a 7600gt agp

thanks

HotCaramelFudge

HotCaramelFudge

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

hi im new to the whole osx thing

i have installed 10.4.8 jas version osx and cannot get my graphics card working properly

i have a 7600gt agp

thanks

I've also got an XFx 7600GT AGP with 256MB, also, and have spent 4-5 hours trying in vain to get the card to work with Natit, Titan, etc. I've read a ton of posts about this, and have tried numerous things, with no luck. If someone could post some detailed instructions for getting this card to work with 10.48. JaS, I would be extremely greatful. Thanks!

kord65

kord65

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Hi guys and gals i have
biostar PT880 pro A7
intel 775 HT 3.06ghz
1.5GB memory DDR2
onboard lan realtek VT8237 works with viahine patch
onboard sound works out the box
sata works out the box
nvidia 7300LE 256MB
about that nvidia 7300LE it only works without the Titan and Natit. I can use a GeForce FX5200 128MB card and works fine. But I need it to work with my 7300LE, I have try natit edited->natit uni1.0->natit dual not-thing on my montior the system seem to be working but no screen display.
Any help will be greatful

Andre Couture

Andre Couture

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts
Hi Everyone,

finally got my PNY GeForce 7600GS 256MB (Former 512) AGP to work on my MSI 7025 AMD X2 with Dual Screen.

The key for my success was to REMOVE AGPGart.kext !!!

Once that was done, I had both screens but no cursor on the second monitor, then based on some recomendation from the forum(s) I downgraded to Natit_v0.1 and all works now!!!

Thanks all

tomauty

tomauty

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 37 posts
I'd like to thank the second and third posters for not only reminding me how I got QE/CI to work in leopard but for giving me a better understanding of kernel extensions and making reinstalling Leopard go from a day long process to an hour.

Anubis111

Anubis111

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 32 posts

<br /><font size="5"><b>EDIT</b></font>I would also recomend this method for all the users that had no luck<br />with titan or natit kexts and QE/CI enabled./.... />

Finally I DID IT!!! :D)))

After few mistakes and recovering from Time Machine backups my Leo (TOH upgraded to Leo4All) and its Geoforce 7600 gs AGP 256MB VRAM fully works. Even dual view option works. Super! :)
I used simple driver pack NVInstaller v.41. My ver. of the system is 10.5.2 with Darwin 9.0. Mobo - Asterock with 1gb ram and caleron d processor.
I made simple modifications in kext files adding my card and removing all the others. Than as mentioned - permissions, this "funny" sudo-maso words in terminal and thats all.

Thanks for your help!

ps. i bought this GF7600gs specially for Leo!!!! :))

Cortilein

Cortilein

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Hi Everyone,

finally got my PNY GeForce 7600GS 256MB (Former 512) AGP to work on my MSI 7025 AMD X2 with Dual Screen.

The key for my success was to REMOVE AGPGart.kext !!!

Once that was done, I had both screens but no cursor on the second monitor, then based on some recomendation from the forum(s) I downgraded to Natit_v0.1 and all works now!!!

Thanks all

Hi there, I am trying to get the same card (PNY GeForce 7600GS 512MB AGP) to work with Leo. Does "Former 512" mean that you flashed the card's BIOS? Or does it mean that it is just recognized as if it had only 256MB of VRAM? After playing around with Spanakorizo's guides and the NVIDIA_WORKING_KEXTS package (all installed with corrected DevID/Vendor code, AGPGart.kext removed) posted elsewhere in the forum I am getting past the grey boot screen and my monitor (Benq FP93GX) reports an incoming DVI signal - however the screen stays black. Haven't tried connecting it via VGA yet (maybe the black/blank DVI signal is the inactive second monitor?). I would be very grateful for some comments on the mentioned PNY card (I am quite capable of hacking and playing around with those kexts and the like). Regards...

shiny311

shiny311

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
PART#1:

Like everyone else here, I want to share some SUCCESS for those of you in similar situation.

1. Using Mac OS X 10.4.8 [jas AMD-Intel-SSE2-SSE3 with PPF1 & PPF2].iso
(just install X11, AMD KEXTS...for basic system requirements. No need for TITAN DRIVERS.

2. Installed Latest_NVinject.0.2.1_512Mb.zip for PNY AGP GFX 5200 256MB
(move the NVinject.kext to /System/Library/Extensions. & do the permissions repair after.
sorry, NO QE/CI. I guess this AGP CARD version isnt supported in mac)

3. Using RT2500 driver/utility for Linksys WMPG45S PCI

after 3 days of trial & error with endless searching for drivers, I used the NVINJECT. It works like a charm for DUAL DISPLAY. MACVIDIA Beta 2 Build 2 worked for dual display, but it just got funky.

Alright. Thats pretty much of it. But do let me know if you guys get the QE/CI working.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(EDITED)
PART#2 (note* Keep the NVinject in the Extensions folder, dont delete it.)

ALRIGHT, that was fast. Found a solution.

4. Download this installer GF5200.ZIP => http://www.mediafire.com/?fayytmlzwxq
(I dont think the installer is perfect, cus I found a GeForceFXGLDriver.bundle in the local drive. So move that file via command in SINGLE USER MODE to /System/Library/Extensions. & remember to repair permissions)

5. Remove the /System/Library/Extensions.kextache & /System/Library/Extensions.mkext & REBOOT.

CONCLUSION: YOU SHOULD HAVE DUAL DISPLAY W/ HARDWARE QE/CI Support, check using Quartz Extreme Check.

adam75south

adam75south

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts
ok i'm definitely NO EXPERT and i half retarded my way through this and i'm about 95% sure i did some unnecessary things....but my dual monitors work and i'm happy. i'm gonna post everything i did even though i'm sure i effed something up...but like i said, it works. and i have no idea what quartz extreme or cube image is...but system profiler shows it's working.

btw, i have the asus 7300gt w/ dvi/vga so i used the natit dual v.01. running 10.5.2 fresh install from the new kalyway disk.

i first used the terminal to edit three kexts with my devide id.
GEFORCE.KEXT
NVDARESMAN.KEXT
NVDANV40Hal.kext

i downloaded natit dual v.01 and edited it with my device id as well...then copied it into my extensions folder.

i did the necessary chowning and permissions repairs and all that stuff. rebooted and still nothing. still didn't recognize my other monitor.

deleted nvinject.kext completely(well made a nvinject.kextold just in case :) )

rebooted, still nothing.

finally i tried a dvi to vga adapter and both monitors worked with full res (1600x1050) on the 21" gateway and 22" dell.

like i said, i don't know if it woulda worked in the first place had i just used the adapter or not or if deleting the nvinject.kext was needed or not, but it works so i don't care. i would rather NOT use the dvi to vga adapter, but at this point i'm just happy to get them both working.

p.s. if anyone has any newb questions as far as how to edit your kexts with your device id, how to find the device id, how to use terminal, or anything completely unrelated to dual displays like installing kexts or kernels....feel free to pm me. i know a lot of people on here get butt hurt when they get these questions, but i'll be happy to offer any of the very limited knowledge i do have.

upsemaepila

upsemaepila

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
:P !

Hootch

Hootch

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts
This is for Gainward HD3870 only. AFAIK this is the only method to get this card working. New natits do NOT work.

Okay I won't bore you with the silly details on how I found out how to do it.

Basically what you need is in this package.

http://www.mediafire.com/?ygmmmgghttl

Extract the package and fire up terminal. Insert te following commands

sudo -s
rm -rf /System/Library/Extensions/ATI*
rm -rf /System/Library/Extensions/Natit.kext(Ignore any error messages)
cp -R *All kexts contained in the extensions folder* /System/Library/Extensions
diskutil repairpermissions /

Now reboot with the following boot parameters -f -v

Enjoy your screen's resolution :angel:

ogor.ns

ogor.ns

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
Hello!

Can anyone help me with my ATI Mobility X1600? I've been trying to install it a lot of times. At first with Kalyway 10.5.2, IATKOS, and now with iDeneb1.4 10.5.6. Always with the same result. Screen without backlight, blue screen or vertical stripes. As I can see Jeff has great experience with ATI cards. So Jeff please help!!! My card ID is 71c5.

Monitor recognized by softMCCS as AUO1974
EDID:
00FFFFFFFFFFFF0006AF741900000000
010F0103802115780A85A599574F8F26
1D505400000001010101010101010101
010101010101EA1A0080502010301520
44004BCF100000180000000F00000000
00000000000000000002000000FE0041
554F0A202020202020202020000000FE
004231353445573031205639200A00CC

Any help would be appreciated.
Best Regards

JeWy85

JeWy85

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts
any one have instruction for sapphire HD 3850 AGP please

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy