"The path /System/Installation/Packages/OSInstall.mpkg appears to be missing or damaged" - Help Please

Frank Nitty

83 posts in this topic

i followed ur instruction by expanding the installeid.dmg copy the package folder to macos install data  folder(installation folder of the hdd)and within macos install data folder i created system/installation/package ... lastly copy the osinstall.mpkg to macos insta;; data folder still got this error osinstall.mpkg is either damaged or missing...i also used latest fake smc.kext (oct 17,2017).. no enumeriable.efi in uefi64 folder use the latest clover bootloader, and clover configurator...i am using dell 7559 uhd... i didn't encountered this problem when i installed 10.12.6...please help..i am runningout of options

For 2nd part of installation there is no recovery the only options available is install high sierra externak, pre boot,and install mac os high sierra from hdd

I’m not sure if this is pertinent to you but Slice had mentioned you may need the FF and FFM to be properly set in clover bootloader.

This is the Firmware Features and Firmware Features Mask in the Symbios section of Clover or clover configurator. Check your boot manager menu (Symbios section) for these values, if they are 0x00000 then it may be an issue. A fresh instal with the default clover settings may work which means not using your modified config.plist for the install.

there's no problem with the firmware only with osinstall .mpkg is either missing or damaged

If you still get the same error of OSInstall.mpkg, use mouse to find the top side tool bar, Windows -> Log -> Show All Logs, upload the install log to forum, we will see the error.

• Like 1

there is no way to get the install log i was stuck on the 2nd part of installation with the path/ ---osinstall .mpkg is either misssing or damaged  error i tried all methods nothing works the only way out is restart

HowTo to rebuild prelinkedkernel.

1. restore BaseSystem.dmg to a partition.

2. copy /System/Library/Kernels/kernel from Core.pkg

3. replace all /System/Library/Extensions from Core.pkg.

4. sudo kextcache -u /Volumes/BaseSystemName

Then, you get new prelinkedkernel to boot the installer now. Just replace to be the new prelinkedkernel as you needed.

New prelinkedkernel will make usb mouse work on the screen of error of OSInstall.mpkg.

post-61100-0-33157200-1510233257_thumb.jpg

it's almost 15 minutes nothing shows up at the top even i move the mouse overthere

do u have fb account please add me--dss862@gmail.com so that we can chat more easily i want to get rid of this error i was stuck for two weeks now only for this dell 7559 uhd  laptop... i got a desktop and dell 7348 laptop never encountered this os install.mpkg error

i tried all the methods discussed in this forum and from tonymac .. didn't get pass this error

You can boot Disk1mbrInstaller (from MBR patch method), it will show you top menu of the error.

You need to make Disk1mbrInstaller only, and need to do step A4, A5 to make usb mouse works.

We need install log to find the error of OSInstall.mpkg.

or you can find it from target partition if exist.

/private/var/log/install.log

i mounted basesystem.dmg --then private/var/log . it contains folder asl &com.apple .xpc both empty

is this one? i cannot attached the log file extension

No, this is the 2017-11-07 stage-1 install log file, not stage-2 log file.

You can delete it, and upload stage-2 log file with zip first. You need install log with error of OSInstall.mpkg.

But stage 2 installation nowhere to be found..i mount basesystem.dmg tgen look for private/ var /log it contains 2 empty folders asl& com.apple.xpc

You can boot Disk1mbrInstaller (from MBR patch method), it will show you top menu of the error.

You need to make Disk1mbrInstaller only, and need to do step A4, A5 to make usb mouse works.

We need install log to find the error of OSInstall.mpkg.

crazybirdy---installer logs for osinstall.mpkg is either missing or damaged error...please help ..been stuck for two weeks now with this error

Nov  7 13:46:34 MacBook-Pro OSInstaller[556]: Mutable product: Looking for automation file at /Volumes/MACHD/macOS Install Data/minstallconfig.xml

Nov  7 13:46:34 MacBook-Pro OSInstaller[556]: Ignoring stale automation file /Volumes/MACHD/macOS Install Data/minstallconfig.xml (time since IA = -745.668779)

Nov  7 13:46:34 MacBook-Pro OSInstaller[556]: Looking for automation file at (null)

Nov  7 13:46:34 MacBook-Pro OSInstaller[556]: Install will not be automated.

Nov  7 13:46:34 MacBook-Pro OSInstaller[556]: Install will not be automated, automation is required to proceed.

Nov  7 13:46:34 MacBook-Pro OSInstaller[556]: Failed to open installer document

out of time,

you need to re-install stage-1 from full installer app to get "/Volumes/MACHD/macOS Install Data/" again, or boot Disk1mbrInstaller (from MBR patch method).

• Like 1

i remove the ssd and view the files  thru another mac there's macos install data  in the ssddo u think i have to clear cmos by removing the battery to clear nvram

out of time,

it's time issue, the cmos bios time is out of the create time of "/Volumes/MACHD/macOS Install Data/".

1.you need to re-install stage-1 from full installer app to get "/Volumes/MACHD/macOS Install Data/" again,

2.or boot Disk1mbrInstaller (from MBR patch method).

3.or set cmos bios time to the the create time of "/Volumes/MACHD/macOS Install Data/".

crazybirdy --i cannot get rid of the date nov 7 upon bootup of clover bootloader in verbose mode... i have already delete partition and recreate partition again ,reformat then installed new clover bootloader in first partition and reinstall new redownload high sierra 10.3.1 from app store in 2nd partition  ... boot up in verbose mode  date is still nov.7 ... is this outof date has to do with osinstall.mpkg error?

There are several reasons to cause the error of OSInstall.mpkg, according to you install.log file, it shows out of time is the error of OSInstall.mpkg.

it's time issue, the cmos bios time is out of the create time of "/Volumes/MACHD/macOS Install Data/".

1.you need to re-install stage-1 from full installer app to get "/Volumes/MACHD/macOS Install Data/" again,

3.or set cmos bios time to the the create time of "/Volumes/MACHD/macOS Install Data/".

There are several reasons to cause the error of OSInstall.mpkg, according to you install.log file, it shows out of time is the error of OSInstall.mpkg.

the  date & time was  adjusted at bios setting which was reflected in clover bootup verbose mode but still got  osinstall.mpkg error.... attached my new install log today

Installer Log 11-13-17.txt