MSI H81I + i7-4770 + GT 740 - can't reach installer

newguy2

29 posts in this topic

Hello

thanks to everyone in advance who try to give solution to my problem. I wanted to build Hackintosh after years of using Macbook Air since I needed more powerful solution. Found some local used parts for good price and ended up with this configuration:

MSI H81I mobo

i7-4770 processor

2x 8GB RAM 1833MH

GT740 GPU (but using IGPU for installer)

Choosed that motherboard because of this terrific tutorial for that mobo. Followed all instructions(modifed for Sierra, used "Flash Drive Maker" and Sierra installer, installed Clover later), but installer stucks at this error:

iMac.local com.apple.xpc.launchd[1] (org.ntp.sntp.149) <Warning>: Service exited with abnormal code: 1

My full Clover folder is attached. Read all online topics for this mobo and tried suggestions from there, but none helped avoid this error...

Thanks anyone for help!

newguy2_clover.zip

post-2025081-0-26823800-1490188970_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Yes! That worked! Thank you very much  :thumbsup_anim:  :thumbsup_anim:

Sleep works natively as well! There are problems with sound and USB 3.0, but working on it.

USB 3.0 seems problematic, rarely recognises the device and transfer speed are terribly slow(less then few kb/s), often doesn't recognise. Tried fixing with FakePCIID.kext and FakePCIID_XHCIMux.kext, didn't help at all. Looking furtherer for solutions, need it working.

• Like 1

USB 3.0 seems problematic, rarely recognises the device and transfer speed are terribly slow(less then few kb/s), often doesn't recognise. Tried fixing with FakePCIID.kext and FakePCIID_XHCIMux.kext, didn't help at all. Looking furtherer for solutions, need it working.

Maybe you'll need to create SSDT-HACK for you.

Do a research and you'll find some RehabMan's guides about that.
  • Like 2

replace full folder

CLOVER.zip

reboot

send me new ioreg after reboot

U have a RENESAS USB3 too

I put GenericUSB, TRY

Maybe you'll need to create SSDT-HACK for you.

Do a research and you'll find some RehabMan's guides about that.

dont need, just put into DSDT too

• Like 1

Replace two files in Clover/Acpi/Patched

newguy2.zip

remove FakePCIID_XHCIMux and FakePCIID and run it

Olarila.command.zip

Generate SSDT for power management with Pike work

run it and save file and compile, if u can post here

ssdtPRGen.command.zip

New ioreg after reboot ;) It's getting good

https://github.com/Piker-Alpha?tab=repositories

• Like 1

Replace two files in Clover/Acpi/Patched

attachicon.gifnewguy2.zip

remove FakePCIID_XHCIMux and FakePCIID and run it

attachicon.gifOlarila.command.zip

Generate SSDT for power management with Pike work

run it and save file and compile, if u can post here

attachicon.gifssdtPRGen.command.zip

New ioreg after reboot ;) It's getting good

https://github.com/Piker-Alpha?tab=repositories

Hey, thanks for prompt replies  :wink_anim:

So I did what you said, replaces files, removed kexts, run your script. This is IOreg after all that: https://www.dropbox.com/s/nwu5egk0tfkdrwk/before_Adding.ioreg?dl=1

After, I created SSDT with Pike script, renamed ssdt.aml to SSDT-4.aml and added it to Clover/Apci/Patched. This is IOreg after doing that: https://www.dropbox.com/s/wf2vwswogpxwwzx/after_adding.ioreg?dl=1

------- just a note that might help you:

Before all this, I was able to boot with USB receiver for mouse and USB receiver for keyboard in USB3 ports. It all run normal and I was able to use keyboard and mouse. But if I plugged anything when already macOS booted, it didn't work.

After doing all this, if I plug anything in USB3, boot is terribly slow and macOS restarts after some time just randomly. So I unplugged everything on USB3, now boots okay :)

• Like 1

I apply HDMI audio too, if u can test...

MaLd0n 2017-03-23 às 19.52.53.png

see generic usb, work

MaLd0n 2017-03-23 às 19.53.12.png

dont appear in system profile but work

ur mobo

USB 3.0

• 2 x USB 3.0 ports by Intel® H81 (2 ports on the front panel)
• 2 x USB 3.0 ports by RENESAS UPD720202 (2 ports on the back panel)

You are right, it works at back panel perfectly! Front panel doesn't work, sometimes Hackintosh restarts when plugged in front panel, but never mind. There's one unused USB2.0 connector on mobo, it will access it if needed any other ports.

Hackintosh works great. Been working whole evening at it without problems. Thank you so much! :drool:  Done some benchmarking: https://browser.geekbench.com/v4/cpu/2167883

After Macbook Air 2014, this is really quick for me  :D

Attached Intel Power Gadget screen shot while testing CPU with Cinebench. Seems I will need to do some case modding to get CPU temperatures lower under load. (CPU states working can be seen as well) But will check what happens when rendering video, that's most intensive task I'd do on this PC.

I will try to make an tutorial for this configuration since you helped me so much, so maybe I can help someone else  :yes:

post-2025081-0-69232800-1490313686_thumb.png

• Like 1

aah don't worry, you helped me a bunch! Now can't spend any more days trying to make all USB ports work, got a lot of work to do on new Hackintosh  B) but if that really bothers you, I will try your suggestions  :lol:

Last evening, I put it to sleep and this morning is off. I turn it on, clover opens as usual, I go to my Sierra installation disk and..nothing happens. There is just a dash at top left edge of screen and it stays that way. Restarted, tried few times, same thing happens. Then tried to boot from recovery HD, it loaded. Then I restarted and gone to Sierra installation again - and now it works. Is it maybe 4+ hours sleeps problem(I seen it somewhere).. 

• Like 1

try a SlpSmiAtWakeIt adds SLP_SMI_EN=0 at every wake. It may help solve sleep and shutdown issues on UEFI boot.

open Clover Configurator or other program if u like and go to Acpi Section

MaLd0n 2017-03-24 às 10.50.25.png

• Like 1