Toshiba L655 Battery Percentage

Amit_

5 posts in this topic

Hi I have Toshiba L655 and my battery percentage does not work (running 10.8)

I found this DSDT patch for the Toshiba L645: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/files/file/545-dsdt-toshiba-l645-i3-ich5-intel-hd-1st-gen-2010/

I downloaded it and loaded, but it caused a KP.

However when I booted with DSDT=off to remove the DSDT, I saw that the battery percentage was working.

I removed the DSDT, and now my laptop boots fine, but no battery percentage.

Can someone help

It is always best to create your own dsdt as downloaded ones may be for different hardware which I is why you got a kp.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

If you dump native dsdt ssdt from clover and zip and post them I'm sure someone will help.

Hi,

Did you apply the patch to an already patched DSDT? 

What is the source of your DSDT? Did you extract it from ACPI or download it somewhere? 

I got the DSDT from here: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/files/file/545-dsdt-toshiba-l645-i3-ich5-intel-hd-1st-gen-2010/

The DSDT from that download was for multiple things like brightness, graphics, battery, and etc.

It was just a DSDT.aml file so I dragged it into my extra folder and enabled it from Chameleon Configurator. The OP had the exact same specs as me.

I just needed the battery to work, so I loaded it anyways. It caused a KP, but when I booted with -x, my battery percentage was working...

However, after removing the DSDT and going back to the default one, my battery percentage was no longer working, but my laptop could boot up.

It is always best to create your own dsdt as downloaded ones may be for different hardware which I is why you got a kp.

If you dump native dsdt ssdt from clover and zip and post them I'm sure someone will help.

Using chameleon.

I got the DSDT from here: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/files/file/545-dsdt-toshiba-l645-i3-ich5-intel-hd-1st-gen-2010/

The DSDT from that download was for multiple things like brightness, graphics, battery, and etc.

It was just a DSDT.aml file so I dragged it into my extra folder and enabled it from Chameleon Configurator. The OP had the exact same specs as me.

I just needed the battery to work, so I loaded it anyways. It caused a KP, but when I booted with -x, my battery percentage was working...

However, after removing the DSDT and going back to the default one, my battery percentage was no longer working, but my laptop could boot up.

Using chameleon.

Dump native files with a Linux live usb or aida64 on Windows. Plenty of guides to do this.