Hot swap SATA on X99

bengal stripes

7 posts in this topic

I was just wondering if anyone has managed to get hot swap working on any of the (Intel) SATA ports on an X99 board.

I only have two Intel X99 SATA controllers and I feel that if I use a kext, then everything will 'turn orange' if you know what I mean. What I really want to do is make a single (or perhaps two) SATA port(s) hot swappable so I can wire them up to an eSATA port on a PCI bracket on the back of the machine.

I found this at RampageDev but I just can't get it to work although I appreciate that this will have to be done in DSDT.

Specifically, my board is an Asus X99a/USB3.1.

Any ideas?

In a Z97 board, I use hot swap OOB, and I don't have applied any DSDT patches or kexts.  :yes:

IMO, as your board it's most newer than mine, maybe you'll can get it too.

OBS: I forgot to say that in UEFI/BIOS I turned on the Hot Swap options.

Thanks, Allan. I do have Hot Swap turned on in the BIOS. On my last machine it wasn't a problem. It also worked OOB. That was a GA-X79-UD3 running Mountain Lion. This Asus X99a doesn't want to know!

Here is a screen capture of IOREG.

post-442710-0-15208100-1472749070_thumb.jpg

I solved my problem. My eSATA enclosure was faulty. I connected drive directly to my MOBO and it worked just fine. I connected my eSATA enclosure to another computer and it didn't connect.

Thanks everyone for trying to help.