30 posts in this topic

Sundar_logs.zip

OSx: Yosemite 10.10.3 on EFI (Clover)

MOBO: MSI z97 SLI Krait Edition

CPU: 3.6 GHz Intel Core i7 - 4790

GPU: XFX R9 28x

RAM: 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3

SSD: KINGSTON 240G SV300S37A

Everything works fine... and around 4 months ago I started getting crashes few times a day, the screen goes blank or freezes and it doesn't respond to any commands, I have to force reboot (Restart Key) and it goes fine after that... Please help me find a solution... it works, but sometimes it gets annoying... specially when in critical video editing moments, or client visits.

At times when i have to force reboot, the system gets a bit damage, and I have to go through a process of maintenance of hard disks and all (SSD system disk, or HHD system Backup disk)

Thank you very much for your assistance,

bootlog.logIGP.txt

bootlog.log280x.txt

bootlog.log.txt

Config_IOReg.zip

ssdt Sundar.zip

DEVELOPMENT: seems to me that the crash is often triggered when i go to the internet browser to watch a video... in this case Chrome...

This same problem occurs when you use a different browser?

well... yesterday after i posted about the browser i had 2 consecutive crashes in FCPX... 

I will start using another browser to see what happens...

All Messages:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=121x1eOtZSW815QM9Lx-pfyyK_OCbuGAXX8kr5i7HMpA

SYSTEM LOG:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1jPTgklevnGnSWQK0nHazsE0pfnM8HyHM76RO1Z4JXG8

Thank you

Ok.

As i can see in your files, you still use NullCPUPM, for Haswell is not necessary.  :no:

Just use "KernelPM" and done!  :)

You can also make an modified SSDT for your CPU.

In your config.plist, go to KernelAndKextPatches > Debug, and change it to Yes. 

Reboot your OS X, and go to EFI/CLOVER/misc, you'll see a .log file, post here too please.  ;)

Allan... I did it all that you recommended... just one thing, I am not getting the log file from EFI/CLOVER/misc. It could be because in the "KernelAndKextPatches > Debug, and change it to Yes"... i don't find the option to yes in the config.plist (it is true in textEdit)(or ticked in CloverConfigurator)... couldn't find the yes... 

The boot log may work as well... so i am attaching it... (it is located in the original post)... thank you

PS/ I am actually attaching 2 bootlogs (I am not sure if it would make a big difference, just in case)

1- IGP for the intel graphics of the mother board (graphic card disconnected)

2- 280x with the graphic card connected and working AMD XFX R9 280x

Well...

1) with Graphic Card connected (xfx R9 208x) it froze when in FCPX while editing, and also froze (a different reboot) in youtube while watching a video in full screen

2) with Internal Graphics (Intel HD 4600) and Graphic card disabled (from bios) and physically disconnected... it froze as well in youtube while watching a video in full screen.

3) with Internal Graphics and watching a video in youtube (Theater mode) has been fine... apparently its affected by the full screen...

It recognizes the HD 4600 with the 'intel" injected (or it may be for another cause)(it appears in System Report)... and the config.plist i sent you is the one i use for both cards... (thats why i chose to have ATI and INTEL injected)(not sure if its the best choice)... 

yes... offcourse, there is an undocumented moment in my first yosemite installation that i may have added some kind of kext or enable something that at the moment I don't remember. but after i reinstall yosemite/clover, the only thing that i have to do is to do is intel>inject in order to get internal graphics recognized...

I am also amazed about the assistance we can get online for persons like myself (not that well versed in the 'under the hood' of os's) so that we can have the system up and running... an now my another surprise is to find persons like yourself that give us that extra push to refine and troubleshoot the system... (i was considering getting my system a windows one, because it is very difficult to edit when the video/graphics are causing a freeze or a crash...)

How Clover recognizes your hardware?

Hmmm... don't know what are you referring to... it is as iMac 27 inch Late 2013 / 3.6 GHz Intel Core i7 - (is that the answer?)

Hmmm... don't know what are you referring to... it is as iMac 27 inch Late 2013 / 3.6 GHz Intel Core i7 - (is that the answer?)

Yes, is the answer that i want to know, and is the correct recognition  :)

I've built a Hackintosh with a similar hardware, look: [success] Asus Z97 Deluxe + Yosemite 10.10.5

Maybe the instructions that i've posted there, can help you.

Now, i need know if you already replaced the Vbox.efi to HFSPlus.efi