(Clover-USB) Mac OS X Snow Leopard

71 posts in this topic

Done, nothing changes.... I'm trying to change SMBIOS definition

I find this

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/5503645?tstart=0

You can google this issue  :angel_not:

Maibe this help ?

http://apple.stackexchange.com/questions/3952/why-is-it-that-mac-os-x-snow-leopard-cant-be-installed-on-this-computer

Edit***

Try boot verbose 32 bit  :)

Yeah, now it's installing!! It was a defective hard disk, just swapped with another SATA one and the installer is on progress now :yes:

A big thank you Chris, for all your great support and your patience.....

BTW I have to configure another HP Z400 as a print server and the rip software it only works with Snow Leopard (no further), that's way I'm doing this....

• Like 1

Yeah, now it's installing!! It was a defective hard disk, just swapped with another SATA one and the installer is on progress now :yes:

A big thank you Chris, for all your great support and your patience.....

BTW I have to configure another HP Z400 as a print server and the rip software it only works with Snow Leopard (no further), that's way I'm doing this....

I am pretty sure after the Update 10.6.8 you dont need to change the kernel and I think the Legacy and modbin kernel not working in 10.6.8?

so  Installer now Install the Vanilla kernel 10.6.3 on your Install Volumes ; maybe you need to rechange the kernel on 10.6.3 but not after 10.6.8 Update.

PS : Used only Clover for kext Injections, Audio  (VoodooHDA)  and network!

If you change some file system on Snow leopard, you need to repare permission and Rebuild cache

with Kexwizard,! Remember this because your not able to boot on your Installation

Anyway you have made a Great job for now  :thumbsup_anim:

Edit***

I just edit my topic with the two kernel attaching  :D

• Like 1

Ok, Installer finished with this alert window at the very end of process " System could not startup from HD Snow Leopard" (where I installed Mac OS X). Checked the disk with Diskutility and found no errors.

The machine doesn't boot, I left the USB installer plugged in and selected  the internal HD with fresh installation (after changing the kernel on the HD with legacy one as I did for the Installer). Clover starts and it stops at this point, shutting down the system, see attachement

post-1349199-0-18422800-1462889141_thumb.jpg

Ok, Installer finished with this alert window at the very end of process " System could not startup from HD Snow Leopard" (where I installed Mac OS X). Checked the disk with Diskutility and found no errors.

The machine doesn't boot, I left the USB installer plugged in and selected  the internal HD with fresh installation (after changing the kernel on the HD with legacy one as I did for the Installer). Clover starts and it stops at this point, shutting down the system, see attachement

Did you reparing permission and rebuilding cache  to the Install drive after changing the kernel?

I told you that in my last post.

I see in your picture C'ant initialise disk cache ?? :blush:

Try Put the drive to another PC and ran kexwizard like this

nn13.png

• Like 1

Yes Chris, I tried Kext Wizard repair permission and rebuild cache as well but nothing changed. I've just bought another PC on eBay, a very simple machine that should be more suitable for Snow Leopard. It's a HP 8000 Elite SFF, with a Core2 Duo cpu @3Ghz and 4Gb Ram. It was very cheap and hopefully it should work with SL, it seems this Z400 doesn't like that OS at all.... it can run Mavericks - Yosemite - El capitan perfectly but not SL or, at least, it's too tricky...

I'll keep you informed about the 8000 Elite.

• Like 2

Yes Chris, I tried Kext Wizard repair permission and rebuild cache as well but nothing changed. I've just bought another PC on eBay, a very simple machine that should be more suitable for Snow Leopard. It's a HP 8000 Elite SFF, with a Core2 Duo cpu @3Ghz and 4Gb Ram. It was very cheap and hopefully it should work with SL, it seems this Z400 doesn't like that OS at all.... it can run Mavericks - Yosemite - El capitan perfectly but not SL or, at least, it's too tricky...

I'll keep you informed about the 8000 Elite.

ok good  :wink_anim:

To make this long story short, at least now we're sure your app works even with a 8GB USB drive  ;)

Yes thats right  :P

I hope you make it work with Amazing Clover because you see Great Bootloader with Great Mac OS X  ;)

we know he is genius all the Best Chris 1111  :thumbsup_anim:  :thumbsup_anim: 

:rofl:

• Like 1

@Chris: I managed to boot my HP Z400 6 Cores from Snow Leopard. I had to remove AppleHPET.kext and Clover booted the machine, now I'm downloading 10.6.8 update combo........

The Issue with combo on 10.6.3 is some time is failed at the end  :rolleyes:

You need to restart from scratch  :P

You can try also Update by Check for Update if you have network ;)

Update to 10.6.8 went fine, system profiler reports correct informations about Cpu, Ram, Video card although I've only 1024x768 res and no acceleration. Are there some specific drivers for Nvidia Quadro2000 under Snow Leopard?

You can try this one

http://www.nvidia.com/object/quadro-macosx-256.02.25f01-driver.html

with Flag nvda_drv=1  ;)

Now your using the Vanilla 10.6.8 kernel? :D

Hello. I've installed Mavericks on my HP laptop (i3 Core, 4GB Ram, ATI 5470), everything works well but i think to try Snow :) Does it make sense? Is it better / faster or something else?  

Yes, Vanilla 10.6.8

Thank you for the link, downloading......

Super! You have made a great job my freind!  :thumbsup_anim:

I was preparing a V2 versions with kernel change options  :w00t:

022.png

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

125.png

218.png

317.png

:D  :yes:

413.png

Hello. I've installed Mavericks on my HP laptop (i3 Core, 4GB Ram, ATI 5470), everything works well but i think to try Snow :) Does it make sense? Is it better / faster or something else?  

This is not testing under Maverick ?

Maverick is also fast

Read about the difference before trying, and its not a easy thing for a Laptop?

• Like 1

Super! You have made a great job my freind!  :thumbsup_anim:

Uhm...... no. YOU made a great job Chris, not me. Wow, I see you added legacy kernel choice, now your app is absolutely outstanding! For those who experience trouble in booting from the fresh installed system try to delete AppleHPET.kext :yes:

• Like 1

This is not testing under Maverick ?

Maverick is also fast

Read about the difference before trying, and its not a easy thing for a Laptop?

Thanks for reply. No, i did not test it yet  :)

Uhm...... no. YOU made a great job Chris, not me. Wow, I see you added legacy kernel choice, now your app is absolutely outstanding! For those who experience trouble in booting from the fresh installed system try to delete AppleHPET.kext :yes:

What about your Graphics now ?? 

Downloaded and installed the driver you linked me, set nvda_drv=1 in Clover boot and everything works properly, video acceleration ok. The machine is quite responsive and fast.

ALWRIGHT  :thumbsup_anim:

:drool:  :D i AM really happy for you, and you are my first tester here included me  B)

The app is also testing in my french forum :lol:

Do you please post a screen capture with About this Mac  :D

If you need a EFI Mounter for Snow, tell me :)