what's native support work oob on 10.11.4 nvidia graphics card?

liujianwei

10 posts in this topic

As @GhostRaider tells in their topic, these cards: "While the Kepler graphics card works out of the box (except for GeForce GT 720 and GeForce GT 730), the Maxwell graphics cards are not supported out of the box but can work if you install NVIDIA's Web Drivers. Maxwell graphics cards are currently the newest graphics cards on the market."

Doing some Google searches, i found some users with big problems in Yosemite and El Capitan.  :(

• Like 1

As @GhostRaider tells in their topic, these cards: "While the Kepler graphics card works out of the box (except for GeForce GT 720 and GeForce GT 730), the Maxwell graphics cards are not supported out of the box but can work if you install NVIDIA's Web Drivers. Maxwell graphics cards are currently the newest graphics cards on the market."

Doing some Google searches, i found some users with big problems in Yosemite and El Capitan.  :(

I googled and find GT 740 is kepler Architecture,GT 740 GTX 260 is my graphics card.GT 740 no need inject in 10.9 but about my mac display Graphics  NVIDIA Chip Model 2048 MB,and all apps need GPU show unknown.GTX 260 need inject nvidia to boot.

10.11.4 GTX 260 with inject without webdriver can play condition zero,GT 740 with web driver can't play condition zero.

Google report GTX 650TI BOOST GTX660 GTX670  GTX680 has problem with OOB.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Guest jonatrapezita

Hi cuthead

In my case, I use a NVIDIA GTX 780 (Gk100 B1) and works oob on El Capitan and Yosemite.

In addition, I do not need to use Nvidia Web Drivers. I have no problems with Adobe Photoshop or other application that use OpenGL. My card running perfect with OS X default graphics driver.

I only use CUDA for Adobe Premiere.

I've read my card had problems on Mavericks 10.9 to 10.9.4, but now is OK.

The only crashes that I've had was using Photoshop with Nvidia Web Drivers on Yosemite, with El Capitan Ok.

Furthermore:

Vmware on Yosemite + Nvidia web Driver = black screen.

Vmware on El Capitan + Nvidia web Driver = Ok.

Conclusion:

Nvidia web drivers are bad for my GTX 780 on Yosemite, Ok with El Capitan.

GTX 780 works OOB on El Capitan and Yosemite with OS X default graphics driver.

7D6.png

• 2 months later...

Hi cuthead

In my case, I use a NVIDIA GTX 780 (Gk100 B1) and works oob on El Capitan and Yosemite.

In addition, I do not need to use Nvidia Web Drivers. I have no problems with Adobe Photoshop or other application that use OpenGL. My card running perfect with OS X default graphics driver.

I only use CUDA for Adobe Premiere.

I've read my card had problems on Mavericks 10.9 to 10.9.4, but now is OK.

The only crashes that I've had was using Photoshop with Nvidia Web Drivers on Yosemite, with El Capitan Ok.

Furthermore:

Vmware on Yosemite + Nvidia web Driver = black screen.

Vmware on El Capitan + Nvidia web Driver = Ok.

Conclusion:

Nvidia web drivers are bad for my GTX 780 on Yosemite, Ok with El Capitan.

GTX 780 works OOB on El Capitan and Yosemite with OS X default graphics driver.

7D6.png

I had Gigabyte GTX660TI Windforce with 2 big fans, EVGA  GTX670 and now EVGA FTW GTX 760 4gb all Kepler based, and all working oob, no problems.

Do you use inject nvidia or webdriver?And does about my Mac show correct graphic card name?

Guest jonatrapezita
I don't install Sierra yet.

I'll wait the official version, not betas.

I hope It works without problems.

If all works ok, I'll report here.

• 2 months later...

I don't install Sierra yet.
I'll wait the official version, not betas.
I hope It works without problems.
If all works ok, I'll report here.

seems like nvidia does not work with 10.12 oob,but hd 6870 works with 10.12 oob.