[Guide] 10.11 El Capitan On the Surface Pro 4

maj1es2tic

232 posts in this topic

this is my dsdt

http://www.megafileupload.com/gqdT/DSDT.aml

sp4 i7 8/256 stock dsdt + battery, nullethernet and skylake_lpc patches

Care to share your EFI folder please ??? I am getting KP when trying to install Sierra 

I have still the problem that I always get the Surface UEFI screen while boot. No clover or whatever. So please give me some help/hint how to make the Surface boot. Or is this all just scam?

Did you changed your boot priority to USB drives on BIOS settings ?

Did you changed your boot priority to USB drives on BIOS settings ?

yes. And I also tried with all other options disabled (Internal, Windows Bootmanager) and so forth. But if Internal Storage is activated it boot automatically into Windows10. The USB Stick just blink and then Windows 10. If Internal is disabled, the UEFI Bios comes up (Same as I start with pressed volume + button). And the USB Stick is in heavy action but also no Clover.

Hi, kaiou,

I attached my dsdt and ssdt aml files and would appreciate it if you can take a look. Thanks a lot.

I really found that for correct compiling I need to start from a aml file (probably all aml's), your attachment is a dsl

this was my first customized dsdt patched!

Archive.zip

It is really amazing that people get ignored. Hey, this thread deals about Surface 4 and Hackintosh. People with problems get always complete ignored. Like the virus problem while downloading from google drive (EFI Folder). Now Iam here and I have the problem that my Surface 4 do not boot to clover. People, why?

I really do not believe that Ian the only one who has the problem. Why you ignore us? Or is this only a closed user group?

So again my question. How you get your Surface Pro 4 to boot a clover Mac installer. The USB stick I created wired with 2 laptops but my Surface is ignoring it. It just came up with the UEFI Bios. This is not my first Hackintosh but Iam completely stuck with this guide here and the Surface 4. 

Hi, kaiou,

I attached my dsdt and ssdt aml files and would appreciate it if you can take a look. Thanks a lot.

hi

your dsdt is exactly same of my

proceeding as I have described, i do not get the error you say, but the 3 that I indicated as "comment"

drag from attached folder with the finder dsdt.aml icon on macyasl app icon into app bar, and click compile.

so i will start again the action.

For all people who can boot to clover please post you UEFI version here. So I can figure out if there is a porblem.

i have a triple boot config, with ubuntu and grub2 as first bootloader

clover it is booted by this

how can I check uefi version?

can you post a screenshot of clover installer setting? your efi folder is installed into first EFI partition?

how can I check uefi version?

can you post a screenshot of clover installer setting? your efi folder is installed into first EFI partition?

You can see your UEFI simple by hold the Volume + Button while power on your surface. It will boot inot UEFI BIOS and show you your version.

My Clover Installer Setting?

I created a USDB STick with disk utilities. Format GUID Partitiontable and Mac Journaled.

Then I made a USB Installe with El Caption APP. (Like the same command in the first post of this thread)

I Installed Clover on the USB Stick. I tried different builds of CLover. All do not boot.

Then I used the EFI Folder from the Author (Google drive) . Same . Then I use your EFI Folder. Same.

Only get the UEFI Bios.

I made a quick test today and created an Ubuntu EFI Stick. And what I have to say, it boots perfect.

So what ist the possible problem?

1.) Surface do not recognize Mac FS anymore?

2.) Because I used 3 different EFI Folders, all fail the same, I think it is nothing about my USB Stick.

So any help will be great.

Hi, kaiou,

I tried to compile directly using my dsdt.aml file but still got the same error. I used Rehabman's latest maciASL app. If you are using a different version, could you please share your MaciASL program or help me patch my dsdt file? All I need is a working patched dsdt aml that I can reveal the battery status. Your dsdt file doesn't look like it can be used on my i5/8gb/256 system. Thanks again for the help. I attached all my aml and dsl file in case you need them. 

I was able to patch fishfendi dsdt.aml file and it now shows the battery status.

You mentioned you also had the brightness control patch, could you please share it and advise where to put it? With 100% brightness, the SP4 may only last for three hours. 

NM, I found your config.plist has the brightness control patch and used it on my own file. Thanks for sharing.

Archive 2.zip

Hi Kaiou,

ok, it seems that my El Captain installer has a damage. I used no [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] to create the USB Stick and it holds me that the El Captain App is damaged. So I tried now Sierra. But your EFI folder will not work with Sierra, I have a dead loop (Apple sign and progress is shown). 

I cannot get El Captain because I use a Hackintosh Sierra on my Laptop and download is deleted by Apple. What kind of OSX you are using?

is here someone who has a working EFI Folder for Sierra? 

It is impossible to get a legal EL Captain image from this fruit company. The image I downloaded is ignored by [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url]. Developers like the [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] developer are those who make everything bad. I hope not ,many people will use this F* software.

However. As a common user I cannot get El Captain anymore. SO I have to switch to Sierra. But the EFI folders from here all fail with a boot error. I think because they are all dedicated to El Captain. So anyone here with Sierra boot success on Surface 4? I do not mean an El Captain update to Sierra with App Store. I mean a USB Installer with Sierra for Surface  4. Also a good idea will be to update this thread to Sierra.

ok, Surface 4 and El Captain are now running from SSD Great experience.

But some questions:

1.) Someone get audio to work? Need my Music while work ;)

2.) What about Wifi? Is there a solution? 

-Maybe anyone know whether a devolo 09706 nano will work?

You have everything working but audio and internal wifi?  Can you post detailed instructions/steps, as well as software used, etc.?

You have everything working but audio and internal wifi?  Can you post detailed instructions/steps, as well as software used, etc.?

I expect you know that touch screen is not working. But this is not really needed for my case at the moment. 

ok, what I have done:

1.) As a Hackintosh user with Sierra I have downloaded an El Captain Image from the Internet (not App Store). 

2.) I created an Bootable Disk like the author did in the first post. Means, I create a GPT/HFS with the name Install (Disk Utility)

3.) Then run the command to create the bootable disk.

4.) Downloaded Clover. And add to the USB Stick.

---

Here the magic issues happen. I never was able to boot from this USB sticks (tried more). Finaly I tried to mount the USB Stick EFI Partionen with Clove Configurator and I saw that this is not present. Why I do not know. So I downloaded the EFI folder from the author (see post before, my virus problems). I copied to the USB Stick and so I have a EFI folder in the EFI Partition. Boot worked now.

---

5.) To work with SDD I needed to add the NVMeGeneric.kext to the kext folder (In EFI partition). After this I was able to install to SSD

6.) While install the MacOS I also get everytime an Verify error message. So I set the date of the USB Stick new with Terminal and command: date 0416173316

6.1) Restart Installer now. If you get an error that the packages are not installed you need to set the date earlier.

7.) Now the install runs well.

I added the new config.plist from the author and changed the chipset to 

<key>ig-platform-id</key>
<string>0x19160004</string>

After this the artefacts were gone and the screen was perfect. But you need the config.plist from the author.

Ok, so far. I also played around with DSDT.aml and tried some changes but no real success. Now I first want to add WIFI and Audio so it works well.

Wifi I have no idea. I used for my Laptop Hackintosh always a Wifi to Ethernet bridge. Cannot do this with Surface. I also purchased some USB Wifi STicks but none is working.

Will try further. 

It's there in the latest version just not in order for some reason. Scroll to the bottom of the laptop list.

MAy I need glasses. I downloaded from GIT and no 298 inside. :(

Command back...do not know that there is a new one available. Normaly a GIT is always up to date....sense of GIT...

So far, this is not working on my Surface 4. I tried it with all possible ways, my Surface 4 keep silent :(

Edited by ifoerster

Ok, I invested many time in audio now. And I have to say that AppleHDA Patcher and VoodooHDA do not work for me. AppleHDA looks like a developer who thinks that everyone need the same knowledge as himself and all other are not worth to use it. A developer disease....I know it, Iam also a developer ;-)

However, I used the guide:

https://www.reddit.com/r/hackintosh/comments/4e23w6/guide_native_audio_with_clover_applealckext/

blankmac:

Yes its is ALC298. On my system it is ID 3

And voila! It works perfect. List now my iTunes media down and up.

ok, now I have Wifi running with a Media Tek USB stick (Devlolo nano) but now Audio is diabled again. So I have to investigate into audio again.

AppleHDA Patcher now used and purchased Realtek instead of Meda Tek and now everything is fine.

Edited by ifoerster

ok, what problems I have:

1.) Coverboard is not present if closed and re-open. Is there a fix available?

HELP: Anybody here who know what kext is needed for the type cover?

2.) Any progress with Touchscreen? Is there a project I can take a look to? Iam willing to help after I backed up my working configuration to time machine ;)

Question: The screen is very small font. I know it is a HD screen but anybody knows a way to reduce the Resolution? Or to make scaled working? Will help to reduce eye cancer with this small fonts.

Question: Cosemetic . Is it possible to boot from clover with apple screen instead of all the text messages? 

Wow...simple taks, keyword "verbose"....no one knows this?

Edited by ifoerster

Looks like a self-talk to me :-)

I assume the post of virgosun is scam? No reaction?

It looks like this is the main thread for Surface 4 and hackintosh. Very quit for this. So noone has an information about development of touch screen? No project I can join?