El Capitan Installation: Stuck at Apple Logo

Leffan

10 posts in this topic

Hi, Im having some trouble installing El Capitan on my mackintosh. Every time i boot into mac using a 8gb usb drive(Motherboard usb 2.0 port), the progression bar will finish at the end of the bar but never proceed to the installation.

Specs:
Gigabyte z87-D3H motherboard
Intel integrated graphics
i5-4460 CPU
8gb RAM

My steps for installing el capitan:
1)Install ########## (sorry but i have to use it, Chimera doesn't support El Capitan!) with UEFI boot mode
2)Make sure i have the correct bios setting(adhi, no vt-d)
3)boot from usb
4)select "boot mac os from usb"
5)get stuck at apple logo screen

I've tried -v, -x(didn't work at all), graphicsEnabler, PCIRootUID. And none of them worked. Sorry I'm a big noob and this is my first time installing Mac OS x. Thanks a lot guys.

post-1616314-0-09073500-1446906303_thumb.jpg

without any boot flags.

post-1616314-0-92660500-1446906327_thumb.jpg

with -v

post-1616314-0-76607600-1446906378_thumb.jpg

with -x

Edited by ErmaC
Title edited

did you create your usb by uni....t method???

i would suggest remove bluetooth kexts from S/L/E  from your usb drive.

use boot flags GraphicsEnabler=no, 

if it does not work then remove all nvidia kexts from your usb S/L/E (keep a back up always) and boot again with -v flag.

hope it works,post back.

hi, for some reason it stuck at apple logo(-v -x)  too, but this time with a spinning wheel. I'm trying it again with graphics enabler boot flag.

And i'm using this method: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/307003-clover-os-x-el-capitan-usb/

did you create your usb by uni....t method???

i would suggest remove bluetooth kexts from S/L/E  from your usb drive.

use boot flags GraphicsEnabler=no, 

if it does not work then remove all nvidia kexts from your usb S/L/E (keep a back up always) and boot again with -v flag.

hope it works,post back.

how do i excess s/l/e from my usb drive. I tried using command+shift+G but it says "cannot be deleted, required by os x"

how did you make one?? another mackintosh  or hackintosh???

you have to plug in the usb drive into another system , without booting and then try as i said in above post.

your boot loader , is it clover or chameleon?? clover has files on efi partition, check there if you have all the required kexts and correct config.plist.

how did you make one?? another mackintosh  or hackintosh???

you have to plug in the usb drive into another system , without booting and then try as i said in above post.

your boot loader , is it clover or chameleon?? clover has files on efi partition, check there if you have all the required kexts and correct config.plist.

i'm using a macintosh, and the boot loader is clover. I have checked the efi partition /kexts folder, and there are no bluetooth but fakesmc kexts.

ok, plug your usb into your mac and remove bluetooth kexts, check your config.plist. again boot with your usb, if it does not work.

next remove nvidia kexts from usb/S/L/E, try again.

ok, plug your usb into your mac and remove bluetooth kexts, check your config.plist. again boot with your usb, if it does not work.

next remove nvidia kexts from usb/S/L/E, try again.

ern... i just told u that i couldn't find the bluetooth and nvidia kexts, where can i find it? thanks

plug in your usb into your mac ,once mounted,right click >>open>>sytem>>library>>extensions and look for your kexts

IOBluetoothfamily,IOBluetoothhidDriver,

kexts with names  NVDA..... and NV ...... are all nvidia kexts.