Problem with Sapphire R9 270X 2GB Dual-X OC, 2 GB

Renton

9 posts in this topic

use the patched AMD7000Controller.kext for R9 270x and remove these drivers from S/L/Extensions/  --->  AppleTyMCEDriver.kext and AppleUpstreamUserClient.kext, then repair the permissions and refresh the kernel Cache with Kext Wizzard.

boot flag: kext-dev-mode=1 GraphicsEnabler=No

AMD7000Controller.kext.zip

Hello dear Spakk,

1) Have removed AppleTyMCEDriver.kext from Usb S/L/E AppleUpstreamUserClient.kext was not present on SLE.

2) Repaired permission and cache refresh

3) boot from USB with YOUR config (as private message)

Now system stuck on:

Sound assertion in appleHDAwidget at line 2215

and so on.

This is a zip containing my Config and DSDT. Click!

delete these files:

/Library/Preferences/com.apple.soundpref.plist~/Library/Preferences/com.apple.soundpref.plist/Library/Preferences/Audio/com.apple.audio.DeviceSettings.plist/Library/Preferences/Audio/com.apple.audio.SystemSettings.plist

I have this information from appel discussion, eventually it can help. otherwise, remove the AppleHDA.kext

and repaier the permission and renew cache

In my case, a Sapphire R9 270 was used without modifications (El Capitan GM). However, depending on your SMBIOS, it may be necessary to make some plist changes, as described here:

https://pikeralpha.wordpress.com/2014/04/17/os-x-mavericks-10-9-3-build-13d43-seeded/

For example, if using the iMac15,1 smbios, the system boots to a black screen (but does NOT hang, it just gets disconnected from video). The solution (quoting my notes on the subject, source unknown, somewhere over at t@nym@c forum):

---- quote from t@nym@c forum ----

Problem 4: Monitor goes to sleep at the end of the boot sequence when using iMac15,1 or MacPro 6,1 system definition

Fix: modify the AppleGraphicsDevicePolicy.kext

1. Using Finder locate this file /System/Library/Extensions/AppleGraphicsControl.kext
2. Right click and "Show Package Contents"
3. Now browse to /Contents/PlugIns/AppleGraphicsDevicePolicy.kext/Contents/
4. Open Info.plist using TextEdit
5. Scroll down to where you see <key>ConfigMap</key>
6. For the iMac15,1 locate the board-id "Mac-42FD25EABCABB274" and change string below it from "Config2" to "none". For the MacPro6,1 you will do the same thing but for the board-id "Mac-F60DEB81FF30ACF6".
7. Save the file.
8. Rebuild the kernel cache using the following two commands in terminal:
sudo kextcache -system-prelinked-kernel
10. sudo kextcache -system-caches

13. Reboot

----- 

• Like 1

delete these files:

/Library/Preferences/com.apple.soundpref.plist~/Library/Preferences/com.apple.soundpref.plist/Library/Preferences/Audio/com.apple.audio.DeviceSettings.plist/Library/Preferences/Audio/com.apple.audio.SystemSettings.plist

I have this information from appel discussion, eventually it can help. otherwise, remove the AppleHDA.kext

and repaier the permission and renew cache

Tried, now it crying for AppleHDAWidget have i to delete also this kext?

In my case, a Sapphire R9 270 was used without modifications (El Capitan GM). However, depending on your SMBIOS, it may be necessary to make some plist changes, as described here:

https://pikeralpha.wordpress.com/2014/04/17/os-x-mavericks-10-9-3-build-13d43-seeded/

For example, if using the iMac15,1 smbios, the system boots to a black screen (but does NOT hang, it just gets disconnected from video). The solution (quoting my notes on the subject, source unknown, somewhere over at t@nym@c forum):

---- quote from t@nym@c forum ----

Problem 4: Monitor goes to sleep at the end of the boot sequence when using iMac15,1 or MacPro 6,1 system definition

Fix: modify the AppleGraphicsDevicePolicy.kext

1. Using Finder locate this file /System/Library/Extensions/AppleGraphicsControl.kext
2. Right click and "Show Package Contents"
3. Now browse to /Contents/PlugIns/AppleGraphicsDevicePolicy.kext/Contents/
4. Open Info.plist using TextEdit
5. Scroll down to where you see <key>ConfigMap</key>
6. For the iMac15,1 locate the board-id "Mac-42FD25EABCABB274" and change string below it from "Config2" to "none". For the MacPro6,1 you will do the same thing but for the board-id "Mac-F60DEB81FF30ACF6".
7. Save the file.
8. Rebuild the kernel cache using the following two commands in terminal:
sudo kextcache -system-prelinked-kernel
10. sudo kextcache -system-caches

13. Reboot

----- 

I'm using SMBIOS 3,1 have i to do this? Have i to change smbios value with clover?

Point 8-9-10, how can i use that command from terminal? i have to change kext on USB if u lunch that command on terminal it will change on my MacBook right? This because System is not booting!