Has Anyone Managed ALC892 (MSI X99A SLI PLUS) to Work as Native AppleHDA on El Capitan 10.11?

AnssaienlyMac

10 posts in this topic

Hello, guys! 

I was wondering if anybody had managed to get a working AppleHDA.kext for MSI X99A SLI PLUS (ALC892). If so, would you share the method you used, please?

Thanks!

thats not possible, because of other path maps, and other hardwareconfig...

Same Realtek Chip, but different^^

I know stupid... but its how it is :-)

Actually, I'm stupid because I never noticed that it said "for Intel motherboards". Lol

x99, use native 10.9.5 AppleHDA.kext (v2.6.3) with x99 AppleHDAController fix.

Oh, that i didn't know, sry...

In theory vanilla applehda works on x99 boards with the controller fix? (i mean not only the 10.9.5 version)

Cheers :-)

• 2 years later...
On 10/19/2015 at 1:13 PM, Ramalama said:

But you can patch your AppleHDA :-)

https://github.com/toleda/audio_RealtekALC

Look there, its an easy script to do that :-)

Working applehda is not a problem, you need just to patch it :-)

Vanilla AppleHDA would not work, that what i wanted to say :-)

Cheers!

I know it's been almost 3 years, but I looked at my reply and yours, and I was like, "What an Idiot I was!" Hahaha
I did the trick on High Sierra (found the script on some other website whose name I don't recall) only because the mic was the only thing that wasn't working, and now everything works perfectly! :D
Even back then, I was looking for a way to patch the AppleHDA instead of using a different kext like VoodooHDA or something similar. The word "native" is what caused the confusion. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
On 10/17/2018 at 6:03 AM, weedm8 said:

Any chance you could post your clover files and any other tricks you used? I'm running X99A SLI Plus with 5820K and could use some help with the install.

I apologize for the super late reply, weedm8. Unfortunately, I lost everything Hackintosh-related back then, and I just got back in the game. I managed to install Catalina 10.15.5 using a method I've never used before, then I got the "damaged installer" error, and changing the date further back didn't solve the problem, so I had to mount the DMG file I had stored in Windows partition (User desktop) via Disk Utility (weird how a successful boot never seems promising at first with the amount of restarting/kext testing/patching I have to go through), and run the installer via Terminal. I installed it on a USB2.0 Sandisk Cruzer, and it worked decently fast, surprisingly, then I used Paragon Hard Disk Manager (I LOVE GERMANY! <3) to copy the partition on the USB to a newly-created partition from my main SSD. I love how Paragon Hard Disk Manager didn't have to restart + switch to a different boot mode to take a chunk as big as 64GB out of my Windows C:\ partition. xD I remember hitting a similar jackpot with EaseUS Partition Master, but partitioning the C:\ partition without having to restart has been kinda rare lately. Maybe it has something to do with which files are running/affected, and which files aren't.

Too bad Apple and NVIDIA had a falling out, and now I can't even get RTX 2080 Super to work (right now I'm trying to change the resolution using SwitchResX). It's so ironic that 2 prestigious companies that are arguably made of the same dough aren't getting along. It's even more ironic that when I finally got to afford a powerful graphics card, I don't get to see it rocking macOS. It makes me wanna develop the damn driver myself if I just knew how, and I know that I need to be Legion to pull off something like that.

Anyway, If you're interested, here's an EFI folder for Catalina 10.15.5. I hope you have an AMD card. ;D
Let me know how it goes. Good luck!

EFI.zip