Intel HD4000 black screen with HDMI

Laavuska

37 posts in this topic

Hey guys!

I decided to re-install the latest Clover to my OSX partition and now the screen does not go to black anymore. Instead it shows the normal loading screen but when the white bar goes to the end, nothing happens. I used - v for booting and got this error. 

Hopefully this helps! 

post-315991-0-68784200-1436342375_thumb.jpg

post-315991-0-72132700-1436342382_thumb.jpg

as i can see, you mess with the FB kext. or your settings are wrong. did you use the patch i pointed out? are you using dart=0 in boot arguments?

Yes, I tried the patch but still no luck :(

I do not use dart=0. 

Hey guys!

This is the error I get when I try to edit my dsdt with the patch.

I got my HD4000 working but with only 5 mb when I used Vietnam Tool. The resolution is very low and the picture is flickering. 

Hopefully I could get my GPU working with only the dsdt edit. 

post-315991-0-18435000-1436448324_thumb.png

What patches are you using? 

Sorry, I should have been clearer!

I used AppleIntelFramebufferCapri. kext patch from Vietnam Tool. With this I was able to get it boot but with very low memory and bad graphics. 

Before that I also tried to do dsdt fix from this link, but received the error above. 

https://github.com/RehabMan/Laptop-DSDT-Patch/blob/master/graphics/graphics_MEI_ivy.txt

I got it working!  :thumbsup_anim: 

There were two ways how I got it working. Patching the AppleIntelFramebufferCapri and then putting ResetHDA=true in the Conflig.Plist. Another and better way was to use the dsdt mentioned earlier and setting ResetHDA=true.

I tried both methods but I was not able to get those working without the ResetHDA. Patching the kext did not give graphic acceleration and dsdt fix went bananas and restarted when it loaded the OSX. 

Im pretty sure that I will be changing my mainboard to newer very soon, but still big thanks for all the help I received!

Thanks guys!

:king:

• Like 1