Firepro W7100 Compatibility?

leonvmetcalf

11 posts in this topic

• 1 month later...

A GTX 760 or 770 ?

I would rather go with R9 290X or 390X if budget allows,those cards are much better in OpenGL or OpenCL applications like is Maya/C4D etc 

Thanks,Jura

Hi, I'm also considering this card, but I'd be willing to go with Nvidia if they work better with OS X. How does the Quadro K4000 compare? (It's the closest match in the same price range)

What I've tried in past K4000 and W7100 in our company,both are capable cards,but in 3DS MAX or Maya/C4D W7100 is better card without the question,in Solidworks which I've tried like mine(R9 290 TRI-X OC) there I'm getting solid 50-60FPS

What card you have right now? Did you tried Specwpc benchmark ? 

R9 390X can be good card as have already 8GB and if you will be using card for GPU rendering then this card can be great

Thanks,Jura

• 2 weeks later...

I know that some AMD cards are natively supported but some are not. Could you tell me how to know some AMD is native or not. Thanks!

Look at the Device IDs inside the kext's plist. Group them into Desktop and Laptop, Desktop should work OOB, Laptop requires patching

Look at the Device IDs inside the kext's plist. Group them into Desktop and Laptop, Desktop should work OOB, Laptop requires patching

Thank you Vusun123. It means that even if one laptop AMD DeviceID is listed in the info.plist, it still requires patching, right?

Btw, is OOB abbreviations for "only on board"?