Dell Inspiron 13 7000 2-in-1, Model# 7347 - Is this hardware possible?

Zaek

29 posts in this topic

Thanks for posting your EFI ..  Couldn't get my DSDT's to compile right always got errors, that I couldn't repair . DervabawDese your complied/patched files worked fine for mine. Just the display slider though. I couldn't get my battery indictor to show in clover, but If I booted with Chameleon, it works fine ???  If anyone with 7347 I5  still has a copy of their uncomplied files  DSDT.DSL, and SSDT-7.DSL  would / zip post them here, it would be much appreciated. 

• 5 weeks later...

Anyone seeking 7347.. I'm currently on El Capitan 10.11.5 

Everything works!(well I removed wifi, and replaced with dell dw1560) I even disabled the touch screen using a custom usb injector kext.

You just remove the HS07 port from the kext. I posted on Tonymac the version I'm using.

I also had to download, and install the combo updates, for some reason I could never get the App store updates to boot properly?

important ..

Update to latest ver clover/drivers 

osxaptiofix2drv

Here's the list of kext/mods needed.

ACpiBacklight.kext

ACPIBatteryManager.kext
AppleHDA.kext =reltek audio driver
BrcmFirmwareRepo.kext
BrcmPatchRam2.kext
codecCommander.kext
DSDT.aml patched +SSDT-1.aml patched
FakePCIID_Broadcom_wifi.kext
FakePCIID_Intel_HD_graphics.kext
FakePCIID_Inel_HDMI_Audio.kext
FakePCIID.kext
FakeSMC.kext
NullEthernet.Kext
USBXHC_DELL.kext
voodooPS2Controller.kext

I have one issue I have yet to figure out. Occasionally I boot into Dell EPSA diagnostic mode for some reason. It never finds an issue though.

• 3 months later...

Anyone seeking 7347.. I'm currently on El Capitan 10.11.5 

Everything works!(well I removed wifi, and replaced with dell dw1560) I even disabled the touch screen using a custom usb injector kext.

You just remove the HS07 port from the kext. I posted on Tonymac the version I'm using.

I also had to download, and install the combo updates, for some reason I could never get the App store updates to boot properly?

important ..

Update to latest ver clover/drivers 

osxaptiofix2drv

Here's the list of kext/mods needed.

ACpiBacklight.kext

ACPIBatteryManager.kext
AppleHDA.kext =reltek audio driver
BrcmFirmwareRepo.kext
BrcmPatchRam2.kext
codecCommander.kext
DSDT.aml patched +SSDT-1.aml patched
FakePCIID_Broadcom_wifi.kext
FakePCIID_Intel_HD_graphics.kext
FakePCIID_Inel_HDMI_Audio.kext
FakePCIID.kext
FakeSMC.kext
NullEthernet.Kext
USBXHC_DELL.kext
voodooPS2Controller.kext

I have one issue I have yet to figure out. Occasionally I boot into Dell EPSA diagnostic mode for some reason. It never finds an issue though.

I had a couple of request here is a copy of my EFI folder and DSDT and BKups.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/cy7xyqoclw4z3ko/7347Dell.zip?dl=0        Dell7347.zip with EFI Kexts DSDT

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

I thought people might like my (seemingly at least) perfectly working 10.12.6 EFI. You must be on the latest BIOS (a new one came out this year). There are no kexts installed to S/L/E or L/E. Add your own serial number.

The included SSDT.aml is for my i5-5200U, so replace with the proper SSDT if you have a different CPU. The rest should work as is. No maintenance required through updates.

The latest Dell BIOS left me unable to boot with UEFI Clover (drive not detected), but legacy Clover works fine and I no longer have the issue where the BIOS would not detect my SSD sometimes on startup as with previous BIOSes.

edit: finally noticed the webcam did not work as one of the files is corrupt. I have updated the EFI to fix that, and also disabled the touchscreen (HS07). Just add HS07 back in to the USB injector if you want touchscreen for some reason.

EFI.zip