No sound after sleep

MrJoas97

9 posts in this topic

For some reason my sound won't wake from sleep. I can still see all my output/input devices but my sound output won't work.

When I searched the web I found I should unload and reload my sound extension so I tried but it did not work. It still had no output.

I tried some patched applehda's I found for my codec but they did not work. They would not give me output even before sleep. Sound input worked fine.

I also tried patching the applehda myself but I failed and it would not work. It did not even show me any output/input devices. I have a IDT 92HD99BXX codec.

Can someone help me to find a solution to this problem. 

Thanks,

Joas

PS: I attached my codec_dump.txt from linux.

EDIT: I managed to get patched applehda working but sound after sleep still does not work.

codec_dump.txt

I tried using codec commander and I also tried using the EAPDfix.kext but they did not work. kextunloading and loading applehda does not enable the sound either. It  just won't enable until restart. I tried to kextunload/kextload applehda while it has not gone to sleep and it worked. Sound was working after the reload too. But after sleep it does not work. 

Could it be possible I did something wrong when patching the AppleHDA.kext?

I attached all the files I used for editing the applehda, the applehda.kext itself and the codeccommander.kext that I used.

files.zip

I'm no expert, but how did you patch your AppleHDA.kext? Are you using Clover? Make sure that CodecCommander is installed in S/L/E and not Clover's boot folder. 

I used this guide for patching the AppleHDA: http://www.projectosx.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=465. I am using clover. CodecCommander is installed in s/l/e. I can see CodecCommander in the console too. It says it's enabling the AppleHDA codec but it does not work.

Hello everyone.

Try this way.

System Parameters/Try select Inject System ID 

and unchecked box smbios.

This did not enable sound after sleep. It did however get rid of a glitch I got before when booting with a hdmi cable attached.

I use to have the same problem, but now I don't.

Also, I was playing some time with codeccommander and I remeber I had to change some settings in it (in the github page of codeccommander you can find a readme on how to do it).

I use clover with audio id injection and run "audio_cloverALC-100_v1.0.3.command" (google it, as I don't remeber exactly where I got it) wich basically adds a kext to the clover kexts folder and some kext patching.

This last thing is what makes my sound work after sleeps.

I use to have the same problem, but now I don't.

Also, I was playing some time with codeccommander and I remeber I had to change some settings in it (in the github page of codeccommander you can find a readme on how to do it).

I use clover with audio id injection and run "audio_cloverALC-100_v1.0.3.command" (google it, as I don't remeber exactly where I got it) wich basically adds a kext to the clover kexts folder and some kext patching.

This last thing is what makes my sound work after sleeps.

Thank you for your reply, unfortunately I have a IDT codec and the command only supports Realtek codecs.

• 10 months later...

I managed to fix it! As it turns out my ssdt was not properly configured. I removed the ssdt after which the laptop failed to sleep or rather just wake up from sleep as soon as it entered sleep mode. I fixed that problem by adding the boot flag -gux_defer_usb2.  Now CodecCommander was able to wake the audio from sleep.