[Solved] Kernel Panic because of native applehda (ALC 887)

uber_user

2 posts in this topic

Well in short right now i can't boot the system without applehda being disabled.

Also Clover acts weird it ignores timeout key and with "fast" key it simply throws me into its menu with blue background and cylinders instead of icons.

How did it happened, well i decided to modify my applehda kext and i blocked  nid 28 and 29 just like voodoohda does according to its getdump utility output.

Here are those nodes (from ALSA dump):

Node 28 [Pin Complex] wcaps 4195457: Stereo
  Control: name="CD Phantom Jack", index=0, device=0
  Pincap 36: IN Detect
  Pin Default 1091637744: [N/A] Speaker at Ext Rear
    Conn = 1/8, Color = Black
    DefAssociation = 15, Sequence = 0
    Misc = NO_PRESENCE
  Pin-ctls: 32: IN
  Unsolicited: tag=00, enabled=0
  Power states:  D0 D1 D2 D3 EPSS
  Power: setting=D0, actual=D0
Node 29 [Pin Complex] wcaps 4195328: Mono
  Pincap 32: IN
  Pin Default 1074054657: [N/A] Line Out at Ext N/A
    Conn = RCA, Color = UNKNOWN
    DefAssociation = 0, Sequence = 1
  Pin-ctls: 32: IN
  Power states:  D0 D1 D2 D3 EPSS
  Power: setting=D0, actual=D0

I've blocked those nodes, placed my new pin config into legacy kext, put legacy kext like always into /efi/clover/kexts. However i decided to install AppleHDA with Kext Utility by cvad instead of installing it manually in /S/L/E. After i rebooted i got kernel panic, then i rolled back to my previous applehda and legacy kext - again i got kernel panic, then i removed legacy kext and still i got kernel panic. I can't even boot into yosemite installer without disabling applehda.

What i've tried so far:

• sudo nvram -c
  • upgrade / downgrade bios
  • reset bios by unplugging battery
  • reinstall clover.
  • cleared all system caches
  • Formated HDD
  • Restored bios from backup bios "dual bios"

AppleHDA in /System/Library/Extensions not patched, all patches done via clover, i use abxite's method replacing xml with zml. pinconfig is inside of legacy kext

I was using Applehda since Mountain Lion and on Yosemite 2, until now.

So AppleHDA is pretty native, excluding it has additional 2 zml files in its resources.

Attaching config.plist and kernel panic report. I hope some1 will help me, cause i don't have any idea why system and installer still gets kernel panic with clean applehda, thanks. Excuse me for my english, i hope it is understandable.

Well i finally found a solution, the reason of this odd behaveour  was the new kext in 10.10.1 (v. 267) and wrong AMPs caused kernel panic because hardware codec started acting wrong itself. With kexts from previous versions like 266.5 there would be no sound at all but no kernel panic, until hackintosh will be booted with Clover's key ResetHDA. Once booted with this key solves the problem and no kernel panics because of native applehda.

And once again clover saves the day!

applehda kp.rtf

• 4 months later...

Hello

i've got the same issue since i updated to 10.10.3

but even with ResetHDA key, appleHDA make the system crash

i become crazy...

By the way, i've got the same motherboard, could you please send me your dsdt and config.plist ? thanks !!!