Nvidia GeForce GTX 760 (EVGA) problem

mac09hack

10 posts in this topic

I am having a problem with my build - EX58-UD5 - Intel i7 920 - 12 Gb RAM - recently replaced video card is EVGA Geforce GTX-760 2 GB (formerly EVGA 8900 GTX+ 512)

I had loaded Mavericks and Mountain Lion previous to the new card installation and the video was very choppy as the video card couldn't keep up with the video delivery.

I installed the new card and while the video is now working (almost) fine , When I do a system hardware overview it sees the GTX 760 as 0 GB video ram. The symptom is the anytime you load a web page, the URL bar constantly updates but the video is no longer choppy. 

Question = do I need to load the CUDA files from the Invidia web page to show the 2GB video RAM?

And if I am booted with Clover? I don't use Chameleon any longer. Using Clover booted Mavericks I was able to download Yosemite. First time that ever happened to me.

I am just not sure how to make Clover do Graphics Enabler = NO?

And if I am booted with Clover? I don't use Chameleon any longer. Using Clover booted Mavericks I was able to download Yosemite. First time that ever happened to me.

I am just not sure how to make Clover do Graphics Enabler = NO?

By default Installer  Clover is Nvidia false 

see the config.plist 

<key>Graphics</key>

<dict>
<key>Inject</key>
<dict>
<key>ATI</key>
<false/>
<key>Intel</key>
<true/>
<key>NVidia</key>
<false/>
</dict>

Yeah it sounds like you had nvidia injection enabled, if it's enabled it will report 0mb vram by default. 

If we will test together then we can resolve the issue. I have no new NVidia to test by myself.

If we will test together then we can resolve the issue. I have no new NVidia to test by myself.

Let me know what you need me to do, it's really not too big of an issue since newer cards don't need injection, but when I tried this on my GTX 980 I had full qe/ci but the NVCAP or something was reported wrong so I had only 1 display working and 0mb vram reported (specifying the vram amount reports it correctly though)

Let me know what you need me to do, it's really not too big of an issue since newer cards don't need injection, but when I tried this on my GTX 980 I had full qe/ci but the NVCAP or something was reported wrong so I had only 1 display working and 0mb vram reported (specifying the vram amount reports it correctly though)

I want to see full DarwinDumper report when 0Mb shown.

Then I can make some corrections to Clover so you may test again.