d1ch0t0my

9 posts in this topic

Hi Guys,

I have run into a problem which seems to be USB 3.0 related. My specs are:

GA-Z68AP-D3
i3-2120
NVidia GT 610
4Gb Ram

I have successfully installed Yosemite using Clover however the system will hang at “mbinit” if I have USB 3 enabled in the bios. If I disable it there is no issue and the system boots fine.

I have installed the GenericUSBXHCI kext and enabled USB 3 in the bios but it still hangs at mbinit. Screen can be seen below:

http://s27.postimg.org/ams9ri3zn/screen.jpg

If anyone has any ideas how to overcome this it would be much appreciated. I’ve attached my config.plist for any help it may give.

Thank you!

config.plist.txt

Update to this. Tried booting from my installer USB using same config file as I originally posted. Boots in 6 seconds with full USB 3 support.

I used the exact same clover install configuration on the usb installer as the internal hdd yet internal hdd fails at mbinit while usb installer works. Eh?

Hi Allan. Yeah I was using the pendrive config from the very start, thats the one I posted which is why I was so stumped.

Anyway Ive managed to fix this by installing the AppleACPIPlatform 10.9.5 Rollback kext and system now boots without issue and USB3 is working just fine :).

Thanks for your help mate.

• 1 year later...

This is interesting. I have had the same problem from El Capitan , boot freezes if xhci is enabled in bios. Before that it (Yosemite) it would boot but freeze as soon as a device was plugged into USB 3 port. I didn't find any solution so far. Now I am on Sierra and xhc is turned off. Controller is 8086 1e31 (intel series 7 xhci)

I solved this problem adding USB FixOwnership flag to clover, it's related to ownership of the xhc controller. During boot both the OS and the Bios try to take control of the XHC resulting in a freeze. No error is thrown so it was so difficult to address! Those who have bios with hand-off usb option can enable it and get no freeze (probably). Since I don't have such an option by fixing ownership I was able to solve it.

• Like 1