Haswell-E mach_kernel patch (5960X, 5830K and 5820K)

stinga11

35 posts in this topic

Rampage Dev, any progress on power management? I feel like voodoopstate might be a temporary workaround.

I'm surprised there's not more interest here for the X99 chipset. The "other" hackintosh forum has several users but unsurprisingly not too much progress has been made and stinga has basically been the only contributor. I pm'd a few of the users and recommended they come here instead but that didn't happen.

Full power management is unlikely to happen without Apple.

Since most core functions seem to work pretty easily, there is not really much more progress needed other than Clover.  All one really needs is Rampage's SSDT when he releases, a few kexts (all available already if you search this forum for the requisite chipset drivers), and chameleon on a USB.

• Like 1

Full power management is unlikely to happen without Apple.

Since most core functions seem to work pretty easily, there is not really much more progress needed other than Clover.  All one really needs is Rampage's SSDT when he releases, a few kexts (all available already if you search this forum for the requisite chipset drivers), and chameleon on a USB.

SSDT is working perfectly now. Moving onto Clover and getting it to boot with the least amount of settings. 

• Like 2

Rampage Dev, any progress on power management? I feel like voodoopstate might be a temporary workaround.

I'm surprised there's not more interest here for the X99 chipset. The "other" hackintosh forum has several users but unsurprisingly not too much progress has been made and stinga has basically been the only contributor. I pm'd a few of the users and recommended they come here instead but that didn't happen.

I think the problem is that this platform is too new and so far only a few people have and that's why not many people to help.

About the power management,  I do not think this would work because at least in the AICPM there is much specific information for each processor. I am sure that in the XCPM should be the same thing.

• Like 2

@ stinga11 wow dude... I think you should have been given at least SOME sort of credit for the ACHI injector kext... I mean I know it's just an injector kext and it was supposedly based on the previous one but still, you made a kext for it first. Seems kind of not cool to me.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Has anyone tried X99 with Yosemite GM2? Stinga so kindly replied to a message I sent him questioning his patch's compatibility with Yosemite and evidently there are no changes needed (other than kernel location of course).  I have a beautifully running 10.9.5 X99 install running thanks to Stinga11 and Rampage Dev.  Much Praise folks.

Oh and something else, I can't get the newest version of Chameleon to load, I just see a blinking cursor for a few secs and then it moves back into BIOS.  I had to revert to the old release from the MyHack installer to get it to work again.  Can anyone shed any light on this?  I only have a few months experience with Hackintosh and I am curious for any insight from folks with more advanced knowledge than I.  I used the package installer. 

Asus X99 Deluxe

nVidia Titan Black x 2

Thanks!

• 5 months later...

I got this error when trying to download it:

Oops! Something went wrong!

[#10173]

We could not find the attachment you were attempting to view.

Can anyone post it again, please ?

Check the new thread

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/301585-haswell-e-mach-kernel-patch-5960x-5830k-and-5820k-yosemite/