Ask for Help: can't sleep/wake/shutdown accidentally

Demonbane

8 posts in this topic

Hi all,

first of all, my specs: Acer V5-573g, i5-4200U + Intel 8 Series. i'm using Clover+ KernelPM(XCPM).

In most cases my laptop can sleep successfully, and as well as wake.

but  sometimes accidentally(10-20%) it just can't sleep (the screen turns off but all the other devices are still on...) and i can't wake it up from the black screen.

i also captured the log when it failed at sleep, as follow:

post-1200278-0-63402500-1404090839_thumb.png

-----------

and additionally i also have some problems with the shutdown in the specific situation as follow (normally it can shutdown successfully):

when i set the "energy saver": display never turns off(and also never sleep), then after several hours, if i click the shutdown button, the laptop can't shut down.(normally it can)
what's stranger is that when i click the restart button, but the laptop shut down actually(but it seems to be not really same as the normal shutdown, it takes a little bit more time)...

------------

i have changed the hibernatemode from 3 to 1, which has a better strategy for me i think  :)

but it's same whichever hibernatemode i use

and i have a relative clean clover's config.plist, i haven't selected any of the DSDT Fixes or some functional patches... you could check it on my Github repo: here

and i have a patched DSDT, what i have done as follow(check it on my Github repo: here):

• Inject ig-platform-id for enabling Intel HD4400 (use the patch from Rehabman)
  • Shut down the Nvdia Geforce Graphic Card (add the _OFF into INI)
  • Fix Brightness  (use the patch from Rehabman)
  • Fix Shutdown (fix shutdown for Intel see here)
Before _PTS:

OperationRegion (PMRS, SystemIO, 0x1830, One)
    Field (PMRS, ByteAcc, NoLock, Preserve)
    {
            ,   4, 
        SLPE,   1
    }

In _PTS:

If (LEqual (Arg0, 0x05))
        {
            *** //original code
            Store (Zero, SLPE) 
            Sleep (0x10)
        }
  • Add DSM for Device HDEF to make AppleHDA work (layout-id: 1 - 0x01, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00)
  • Fix HPET (Which is essential to make sound work)  (use the patch from Rehabman)
  • Fix IRQs (use the patch from Rehabman)
  • Fix SBUS (use the patch from Rehabman)
  • Fix USB: Delete all the USB parts in DSDT and let the native USB driver be in charge of controlling USB.

---------

i don't know if these two issues are related and due to my PowerManagement, and how to locate where the true problem hides... i have been working on that for few months, but still getting nowhere :(

I would really appreciate if anyone has some ideas and advice of the problems and tell me what i should do!

Thanks in advance!

run this command, and show me the results:

pmset -g | grep hibernatemode

sorry i forgot to list which hibernatemode i used... i have changed the hibernatemode from 3 to 1, which has a better strategy for me i think :)

but it's same whichever hibernatemode i use

run this command:

sudo rm -rf /private/var/vm/sleepimage

and reboot your OS X.

hmm, i have run this command once i set the hibernatemode to 1, but this sleepimage appears again

but according to the introduction of the hibernatemod 1, this sleepimage should not be created automatically any more...

i would try this command again, but i couldn't tell immediately because i don't know when it isn't capable to sleep again.

run this command:

and reboot your OS X.

i don't know if it is misbehaving because the file "sleepimage" appears again, even if i deleted it for several times. so with hibernatemode 1, it shouldn't write or read sleepimage anymore right?

pmset -a hibernatemode 1 will save sleepimage only to Disk, this will be a kind of "Soft" Hibernation.

the command:

make a new sleepimage will be generated at the next time the system goes to sleep

Credits: Kyndder

pmset -a hibernatemode 1 will save sleepimage only to Disk, this will be a kind of "Soft" Hibernation.

the command:

make a new sleepimage will be generated at the next time the system goes to sleep

Credits: Kyndder

i have changed the hibernatemode to 0 but it still doesn't work. :( it seems to be other problem which stopped the sleep