Patched AppleHDA only loaded with ignore caches

8 posts in this topic

Followed Toleda's guide (didn't feel this problem was a sound problem, more of a system issue) to patch my ALC 898.  Anyways, it works beautifully. The issue is I *HAVE* to boot with 'Ignore Caches' or it reverts to the default AppleHDA.  I've got the Realtek kext in EFI/Clover/kexts/10.9, and the patched AppleHDA in S/L/E.  

Anyone seen this issue before when a kext won't load without rebuilding the cache every time?

Thanks

For me patched applehda only loading automatically if I put it (so these kexts: applehda, applehdacontroller, applehdaconfigdriver) into AppleKextExcludeList.kext. Without this, I only able to load applehda by manually from terminal "kextload" command no matter what kextcache command used.

So try to add them into AppleKextExcludeList.kext.

For me patched applehda only loading automatically if I put it (so these kexts: applehda, applehdacontroller, applehdaconfigdriver) into AppleKextExcludeList.kext. Without this, I only able to load applehda by manually from terminal "kextload" command no matter what kextcache command used.

So try to add them into AppleKextExcludeList.kext.

Can you show in which part (and with what exact data ) of the .plist you added the AppleHDA?

Can you show in which part (and with what exact data ) of the .plist you added the AppleHDA?

<key>zy.uds.netusb.controller</key>
		<string>1.0d1</string>
	<key>com.apple.driver.AppleHDA</key>
		<string>1111.1</string>
	<key>com.apple.driver.AppleHDAController</key>
		<string>1111.1</string>
	<key>com.apple.driver.AppleHDAHardwareConfigDriver</key>
		<string>1111.1</string>
	<key>com.apple.driver.KextExcludeList</key>
		<string>1111.1</string>
	</dict>
</dict>
</plist>

(This is the end of the modified info.plist file, the "<key>zy.uds.netusb.controller</key><string>1.0d1</string>" section is there by default.)