OSX 10.10 Dell Latitude E6400

krzysztofc10

80 posts in this topic

Everything works perfect except wifi, because it disconnect around 15 min after turnning on my OSX, is connected to my network but web doesn't work :C

I use the same wifi card with no disconnections, do you use a cardbus device ?, there is a device not seeing in my laptop

i use clover

try this dsdt

dsdt.aml.zip

Very quick guide

Like described on the net restore the basesystem.dmg, packages... to your pen drive and install clover on it

extract the attached file to clovers oem folder

normally you can boot with this drive

install yosemite

after installation reboot from the pen drive and choose the drive where you installed yosemite, normally it starts

install clover to that drive, copy the 0U695R folder from pen drive to clovers oem folder, your done

you can improve this guide (not really a guide) ,if you want

good luck

post-448675-0-53754200-1408556147_thumb.png

Hmm to boot I must change in Clover Configurator Generate P&C States, kext dev mode = 1, Set Smbios in Config.plist to Macbook Pro 5,2. And the same result like always - Gui is working very slow. If I had copy kext and edit config in oem folder, system won't boot with Clover. I must edit in root Clover config.plist to run it :( Kexts droped to Kextutility.app and everything works except very slow GUI

I have two laptops Dell Latitude E6400 with the same configuration :) In First I've install Yosemite DP6 with Chameleon and everything is working like a charm including sleep except Wifi that sometimes won't work, is connected but no ping. I've tried with the dsdt that you give me but with this dsdt sound doesn't work and Sleep to, Wifi I can test but it's not worth it because the first one is good :)

Only I want to take a hand on is Clover bootloader. It's complicated bootloader for me So If you will have some time and can help me I will be Grateful :) This bootloader is strange for me. I try to replace config.plist from Oem folder that you attach, and replace with this in root of clover folder, also Add Dsdt.aml to ACPI/Patched and 10.10 folder from kexts (Oem folder) to /kexts in root of Clover. Other kexts form your first pack I drop in Kextutility.

Now Clover boot from HD properly and everything works except VERY SLOW GUI. Only this problem I have :) I think that normaly Clover won't read my config from OEM folder like you sugest to copy. 

I have two laptops Dell Latitude E6400 with the same configuration :) In First I've install Yosemite DP6 with Chameleon and everything is working like a charm including sleep except Wifi that sometimes won't work, is connected but no ping. I've tried with the dsdt that you give me but with this dsdt sound doesn't work and Sleep to, Wifi I can test but it's not worth it because the first one is good :)

Only I want to take a hand on is Clover bootloader. It's complicated bootloader for me So If you will have some time and can help me I will be Grateful :) This bootloader is strange for me. I try to replace config.plist from Oem folder that you attach, and replace with this in root of clover folder, also Add Dsdt.aml to ACPI/Patched and 10.10 folder from kexts (Oem folder) to /kexts in root of Clover. Other kexts form your first pack I drop in Kextutility.

Now Clover boot from HD properly and everything works except VERY SLOW GUI. Only this problem I have :) I think that normaly Clover won't read my config from OEM folder like you sugest to copy. 

little mistake, not oem, i mean oem/0U695R which is your board-id, useful on the stick to boot more than one computer

config.plist to clovers root folder, dsdt to acpi/patched, kexts to kexts/10.10 or S/L/E like you did is also good

how are your frequencies CPU + CPU ?

• 2 weeks later...

Since my initial post, here my basic original outline here has successfully booted every Yosemite release including the current Public Beta 2 release.   Installing Clover in the "ESP" (legacy mode) is a simple as running the diskutil list command in Terminal to find out what the exact partition identifier name and number (ex: disk0s1) is of the default created Apple "EFI" partition once you have installed OS X 10.10 (shown in "Pic").   Then simply use the listed EFI partition identifier as shown in this following terminal command: sudo newfs_msdos -v EFI -F 32 /dev/rdisk0s1.

Once terminal properly re-formats the EFI partition, download and install Clover in the "ESP" while checking all the boxes as shown in both Pic _1 & Pic_2.     Create both a DSDT.aml and a SSDT.aml with DSDT Editor and place each in the "patched" folder of your Clover installation (Complete path: EFI  Partition/EFI Folder/Clover Folder/ACPI Folder/patched folder).

Then download and install the following listed kexts shown in Pic_4 and place them in your Clover install in the "other" folder (Complete path: EFI  Partition/EFI Folder/Clover Folder/kexts folder/other folder).   NOTE: A significant change since my initial post earlier in this thread is the addition/inclusion of the VoodooHDA.kext v.2.7.3 that was patched specifically for the IDT Audio Codec that exist as the Sound Card in my Latitude E6400.   It has worked perfectly in every OS X 10.10 Yosemite version I have installed it in.

Another significant edit to my initial post in this thread is a simple hardware part acquisition/installation that is so inexpensive and easy to perform given that once completed, you will have a natively/internally read Apple Airport WiFi card in your E6400 its a "no brainer".   Simply go to the infamous auction site and pick up a WLAN PW934 DW 1510 WiFi Card and install it in your E6400 laptop and bingo...you now have a perfectly working native/read by OS X 10.10 as an official Apple AirPort WiFi Card.

Enjoy your fully functional Dell Latitude E6400 Laptop running the very latest OS X 10.10 "Yosemite".

post-1126120-0-72309100-1409347408_thumb.jpg

post-1126120-0-98257900-1409347441_thumb.jpg

post-1126120-0-86643700-1409347468_thumb.jpg

post-1126120-0-59669900-1409347595_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Since my initial post, here my basic original outline here has successfully booted every Yosemite release including the current Public Beta 2 release.   Installing Clover in the "ESP" (legacy mode) is a simple as running the diskutil list command in Terminal to find out what the exact partition identifier name and number (ex: disk0s1) is of the default created Apple "EFI" partition once you have installed OS X 10.10 (shown in "Pic").   Then simply use the listed EFI partition identifier as shown in this following terminal command: sudo newfs_msdos -v EFI -F 32 /dev/rdisk0s1.

Once terminal properly re-formats the EFI partition, download and install Clover in the "ESP" while checking all the boxes as shown in both Pic _1 & Pic_2.     Create both a DSDT.aml and a SSDT.aml with DSDT Editor and place each in the "patched" folder of your Clover installation (Complete path: EFI  Partition/EFI Folder/Clover Folder/ACPI Folder/patched folder).

Then download and install the following listed kexts shown in Pic_4 and place them in your Clover install in the "other" folder (Complete path: EFI  Partition/EFI Folder/Clover Folder/kexts folder/other folder).   NOTE: A significant change since my initial post earlier in this thread is the addition/inclusion of the VoodooHDA.kext v.2.7.3 that was patched specifically for the IDT Audio Codec that exist as the Sound Card in my Latitude E6400.   It has worked perfectly in every OS X 10.10 Yosemite version I have installed it in.

Another significant edit to my initial post in this thread is a simple hardware part acquisition/installation that is so inexpensive and easy to perform given that once completed, you will have a natively/internally read Apple Airport WiFi card in your E6400 its a "no brainer".   Simply go to the infamous auction site and pick up a WLAN PW934 DW 1510 WiFi Card and install it in your E6400 laptop and bingo...you now have a perfectly working native/read by OS X 10.10 as an official Apple AirPort WiFi Card.

Enjoy your fully functional Dell Latitude E6400 Laptop running the very latest OS X 10.10 "Yosemite".

Could you share files you used? Thanks

I want to Thanks Gpatpandp for explanation.  I will used your Guide to install Yosemite when comes GM version :) 

Thank You ! :)

Wern Apfel Also thanks I did this what you said in first time. When GM Version will come I will install it with Clover and used your bootpack. 

Many Thanks for help me with Install I won't make it without you ! :)

If I will have any questions I will send you a message ! :)

P.S: Guide to install Yosemite is still on OSX Latitude with thanks to You :) 

• 1 month later...

Hey guys

I just got this notebook from a friend short time ago. What's the performance in yosemite or even mavericks? Hardware acceleration and everything i presume? I only need it for web browsing and watching a few HD movies and some writing via Pages..

Just a follow-up to my post/instructions on the previous page(s) of this very same thread.   Everything as I have explained/offered remains golden as far as the Dell Latitude E6400 and now OS X 10.10 Yosemite Final.   Including a pic for all those so called expert "know it all - know nothing" advisors who ignorantly told me this would not even be possible when I originally had questions and sought help.   Then when I figured it out myself, these same individuals continued to doubt me swearing I would NEVER make it to the final Yosemite version.   Who is laughing now ? ;)

post-1126120-0-53480900-1413828510_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Just a follow-up to my post/instructions on the previous page(s) of this very same thread.   Everything as I have explained/offered remains golden as far as the Dell Latitude E6400 and now OS X 10.10 Yosemite Final.   Including a pic for all those so called expert "know it all - know nothing" advisors who ignorantly told me this would not even be possible when I originally had questions and sought help.   Then when I figured it out myself, these same individuals continued to doubt me swearing I would NEVER make it to the final version.   Who is laughing now ? ;)

Hi, I have 3 questions, but only 1. and 2. are for me important :)

1. What version of bootloader Clover you used?

2. How you patch VoodooHDA to properly working sound under yosemite?

3. Do you have CPU C2D T9900?

Thank you.

Hi, I have 3 questions, but only 1. and 2. are for me important :)

1. What version of bootloader Clover you used?

2. How you patch VoodooHDA to properly working sound under yosemite?

3. Do you have CPU C2D T9900?

Thank you.

1. Clover_v2k_r2953

2. Patched for the Audio: IDT 92HD71 Codec

3. Yes, 3.06 GHz Core 2 Duo T9900 CPU

*Note: Neglected to mention another functional improvement since my last instructional post is the addition of the VoodooSDHC.kext patched by "slice" which enables the PCI Card Reader in the Dell Latitude E6400.

VoodooHDA.kext.zip

• Like 2

1. Clover_v2k_r2953

2. Patched for the Audio: IDT 92HD71 Codec

3. Yes, 3.06 GHz Core 2 Duo T9900 CPU

*Note: Neglected to mention another functional improvement since my last instructional post is the addition of the VoodooSDHC.kext patched by "slice" which enables the PCI Card Reader in the Dell Latitude E6400.

REALY THANKS, VoodooHDA works in Yosemite.  :thumbsup_anim:

But I have other 2 problems released:

1. Laptop POWER BUTTON doesn't works (to shut down/sleep table)

2. Laptop can not POWER OFF after shut down. Display goes to black, bud LEDs of power still goes and also FANS still go.

Hi, finally I can post my files to boot Yosemite 10.10 Final on Dell Latitude E6500 (it may works on E6400, too).

I used Clover bootloader r2953.

In folder /EFI/Clover/OEM/ I have folder 0PP476, which is ID of my motherboard (You can rename it with your own).

I this folder are needed files to booting (config.plist, DSDT.aml and needed kexts). 

This is working:

- CPU speedstep

- GPU with native resolution 1920x1200

- Sound (with VoodooHDA 2.7.3 + AppleHDADisabler) I think, you can use patched AppleHDA for IDT sound, it works, too, but I don't know, if it will work after update 10.10.1

- Bluetooth

- WLAN

- LAN

- Shutdown + restart

- TRIM for SSD HDD, patch is applied in clover.config file smile.png

This is not working:

- SLEEP, after press button to sleep, fans are still working, only display goes to sleep mode. The same result with closing LID.

- SD card reader (I have not tested it completely, but 8GB SDHC card it not readable.

- iMessage, FaceTime not working, I can't to log in.

0PP476.zip

• Like 1

Hi, finally I can post my files to boot Yosemite 10.10 Final on Dell Latitude E6500 (it may works on E6400, too).

I used Clover bootloader r2953.

In folder /EFI/Clover/OEM/ I have folder 0PP476, which is ID of my motherboard (You can rename it with your own).

I this folder are needed files to booting (config.plist, DSDT.aml and needed kexts). 

This is working:

- CPU speedstep

- GPU with native resolution 1920x1200

- Sound (with VoodooHDA 2.7.3 + AppleHDADisabler) I think, you can use patched AppleHDA for IDT sound, it works, too, but I don't know, if it will work after update 10.10.1

- Bluetooth

- WLAN

- LAN

- Shutdown + restart

- TRIM for SSD HDD, patch is applied in clover.config file smile.png

This is not working:

- SLEEP, after press button to sleep, fans are still working, only display goes to sleep mode. The same result with closing LID.

- SD card reader (I have not tested it completely, but 8GB SDHC card it not readable.

- iMessage, FaceTime not working, I can't to log in.

F.Y.I.  After intensive research and testing, I made the calculated decision to remove the VoodooSDHC.kext as it causes (and I have since discovered that these occurrences are well documented within other guides) havoc with sleep and other power/temperature related issues.   While I was pleased that basically with the addition of the VoodooSDHC.kext, every known component in my Latitude E6400 functions in the Yosemite final retail release, the issues that arose with its presence made it dispensable as truthfully it is not something I believe I will ever actually use or need.   Besides, my laptop runs so well without it.

I have Yosemite partially working on my E6400, with the exception of WiFi, Sound, and the RTC clock running at 1sec=2. I used this and this to get it working. If anyone has any fixes they can recommend for me for RTC, WiFi and Sound, that would be majorly helpful. (WiFi: BCM4312 [14e4:4315])

Hi, I can share my files for you, but I need to know your e6400 parameters like a CPU, RAM, Graphic card, screen resolution. 

Then I will send you needed files and correct config.plist for you machine :)