powermanagement on HD4330 ?

Whaka

1 post in this topic

HI :)

i have some question about this on my acer laptop (see my signature for more details about it :))

to be short, i don't really know and i can't really know if graphics powermanagement work well or not.

i think it doesn't, that's why i need opinions. however, cpu is ok, native speedstep, ect...

(i use clover, maybe useful to know)

actually, i use a MBP5,1 smbios on it. with it, i could see that in IOregistryExplorer :

post-1172354-0-60732800-1401236332_thumb.jpg

agpm is loaded, but seems to use no profile.

(on my other laptop with intel hd3000, wich use MBP8,1 smbios, everything looks good in IOregistryExplorer. he use the right profile, and others are hidden.)

if i try with imac10,1 smbios (wich is theoretically more closer to my hardware) i get this screen...

post-1172354-0-45122000-1401236796_thumb.jpg

and no AGPM loaded at all. and cpu speed step stuck at 1,2 Ghz.

if i try to monitor the gpu sensor, with fakesmc kozlek plugins, i go into kernel panic when the gpu plugin is loaded.

the fan is always spinning, not at maximum, but enough to be a bit annoying. (i know, it's a relatively compact laptop, but i really think it could run much cooler)

is there a way to get the powermanagement working right, need to patch/editing something ?