5 replies to this topic

maxxi6910

maxxi6910

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Hello everyone,

I have a simple problem with my chameleon bootloader. Chameleon seems to have saved the boot-flags I used for my first boot. Everytime I come to the screen where I can pick the OS, I have to hit the delete key and delete the whole box where you normally type in boot flags, because npci=0x300 -v -x ... are always already typed in, making it impossible to use the "time-out" function.

I have no idea why this is, especially since my first hackintosh didn't have any problem alike. Also I have searched quite some time now for a solution but can't find one. 

(Latest chameleon version is installed.)

Help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

Lukas

carbo178

carbo178

InsanelyMac V.I.P.

• Local Moderators
  • 7,304 posts

Can you post org.chameleon.boot.plist content?

Rampage Dev

Rampage Dev

InsanelyMac Deity

• Local Moderators
  • 2,031 posts

No, the boot loader is not saving them. NVRAM is.

To remove flags use Back Space to remove the flags. Then press Spacebar and Enter. On the next boot they will not be there. 

Onixs

Onixs

Since 2007

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 803 posts

sudo nvram -c ( just to clear whatever nvram issues you are having). Im assuming you have nvram module installed

Rampage Dev

Rampage Dev

InsanelyMac Deity

• Local Moderators
  • 2,031 posts

sudo nvram -c ( just to clear whatever nvram issues you are having). Im assuming you have nvram module installed

No. Can break messages and other login items. 

maxxi6910

maxxi6910

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Thanks a lot guys, nvram was the problem. sudo nvram -c solved my issue!

Also, thanks for the very fast replies!

I have another problem with shutting my Mac down but since I'm quite busy atm, I'll open up a new thread regarding this bug another day.

Lukas

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: chameleon, chameleon bootloader, bootflags, boot

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy