Graphic Issue or something? GeForce GT430 Dual Display

Best Answer tragediana150, 13 November 2013 - 09:47 PM

Thanks @denbie but there is much easier solution - SwitchResX - but that's not the question at this point.

:thumbsup_anim: :thumbsup_anim:  I've did it again!!!!!!!  :thumbsup_anim: :thumbsup_anim:

I bought a cable DVI--->HDMI and connect my second monitor to HDMI port in computer. I was convinced that this will not work, but but surprisingly it works!! :)

Mavericks detect two monitors at the startup with correct resolution (1280x1024). I am sooooooo hapoy :D

But there is some strange problem - two Finders :hysterical: :hysterical: :hysterical: :hysterical:

And each of them is working properly. It is not a mirror image of the monitors. I can not turn off the second Finder - something like two personal desktops spaces.

For the first time in my life I see such a thing :D :D :D :hysterical: :hysterical:

The pictures from both monitors (numerated: 1-Left and 2-Right)

[attachment=131794:M1.png][attachment=131795:M2.png]

[attachment=131796:D1.png][attachment=131797:D2.png]

[attachment=131798:Mon1.png][attachment=131799:Mon2.png]

Any ideas? :D

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

tragediana150

tragediana150

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 296 posts
  • Interests:Music Production

No ideas as this is the new multi monitor feature of OS X 10.9. It's not a mistake, it's just as Apple wanted it to be. There is one menu bar for each display but only one single dock.

You will notice that you can run an application in fullscreen on one monitor while working in another application on each other display.

What??!! What a f...ed up idea with this Multi Monitor feature :( And how do I get Logic Pro working on dual monitors? I had always the piano roll and the main menu on the first screen and mixer on the second - it is sad :(

By the way thanks for the explanation :)

Its the new Mavericks multiple monitor setup. If you hover on the bottom of the second screen the dock will switch screens ;)

Woooooow :D It's amazing and funny :D

Edit: Anyway - i's working :) VGA connector is too old (I think) so you need to use only DVI's and HDMI's connections :thumbsup_anim:

Shaneee

Shaneee

AMD Dev Tester

• Retired
  • 1,002 posts
  • Interests:Web Design. OS X. Music.

What??!! What a f...ed up idea with this Multi Monitor feature :( And how do I get Logic Pro working on dual monitors? I had always the piano roll and the main menu on the first screen and mixer on the second - it is sad :(

By the way thanks for the explanation :)

Woooooow :D It's amazing and funny :D

Are the piano roll, mixer and main menu separate windows? You could just drag them onto the appropriate screens.

tragediana150

tragediana150

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 296 posts

Are the piano roll, mixer and main menu separate windows? You could just drag them onto the appropriate screens.

Yes, they are separate windows. I am stupid :wallbash: :wallbash:  sorry for the stupid question :D It will be work by dragging to the second screen - you're right, thanks :)

Chris Etheridge

Chris Etheridge

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 88 posts
  • Interests:Web development
    Web design
    Good music

Shanee, thanks so much for the dock advice (hovering over on the second screen to make the dock appear there). It happened to me often, and I always thought it was a bug haha, so I would reset displays by changing resolution. Now I know :D

mpalomba3

mpalomba3

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 71 posts
Hi, how did you even get your geforce gt430 working? Whenever I boot with it I just get a black screen

tragediana150

tragediana150

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 296 posts

Hi, how did you even get your geforce gt430 working? Whenever I boot with it I just get a black screen"

"boot with it" - with what?

Read again the topic and do as much as it is written. If that does not work then we will think and help.
Write here what and how you are doing :)

EDIT: Additionaly you can download latest Cuda Driver from Nvidia website to improve and accelerate your graphics.

Shaneee

Shaneee

AMD Dev Tester

• Retired
  • 1,002 posts
  • Interests:Web Design. OS X. Music.

Hi, how did you even get your geforce gt430 working? Whenever I boot with it I just get a black screen

You really should make your own topic but my guess is your missing some files from the nvidia kexts. Download the zip in this post, http://www.insanelym...-irc/?p=1966823

Remove all your nVidia kext and install these ones. Don't forget to repair permissions when done.

"boot with it" - with what?

Read again the topic and do as much as it is written. If that does not work then we will think and help.
Write here what and how you are doing  :)

EDIT: Additionaly you can download latest Cuda Driver from Nvidia website to improve and accelerate your graphics.

CUDA Only accelerates certain programs not just the graphics in general.

ADHDMedia

ADHDMedia

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 659 posts

Any chance you would know if this will work for my Galaxy GT430?  Getting black screen at login.  

tragediana150

tragediana150

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 296 posts

Should work with every GT430, but you need to try :) But Shaneee has a GT430 which works OOB ;)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy