Mavericks and i5 4670k (Haswell) + Z87 INSTALLATION PROBLEM

Franz22

55 posts in this topic

Hi all,

a friend have a problem with installation of Mavericks on his PC. This is the problem with verbose mode:

original.jpg

Anyone have an idea to solve it? I have two years experience in hackintosh but I'm not be able to solve this problem  :(

Thank you very much as always

Well, [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] normally installs FakeSMC.kext but it does not seem to be working.

You might try making a different installer.  You can go to "Downloads" on this forum and use Pandora.app or you can follow this guide: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/289062-109-mavericks-simple-vanilla-hackintosh-install-guide/

• Like 1

If you have also nullcpupowermanagement.kext in System/Library/Extensions (common shortcut is for this: S/L/E) installed, you need no SSDT.aml file for your install. You can install nullcpupowermanagement.kext with your preferred kext utility and repair permissions with it or copy it with finder to S/L/E of your installer and repair permissions of your installer with diskutility. Boot your installer with flags -f -v.

You also need a SMBios of a MacPro 3,1 or 5,1 or even 6,1, if you can find one.

Before you boot in your with OSX installed partition, you have to install fakesmc.kext and nullcpupowermanagement.kext with terminal to S/L/E of hd partion, repair permissions and reboot with flags -f -v.

Have fun.

1. Were you able to create a new installer?

2. Looking at the picture you posted, at the top it is describing creation of RAM disks.  Somewhere before that it should have given a couple of lines about FakeSMC and the people who created it.  When you first boot OSX, do you see the messages about FakeSMC?

3. In the picture, the bottom line mentions NVDAGK100HAL.  Is this where it hangs?  Or if you wait 5 minutes, does it go further?  If it goes further, can you post that picture?

4. If FakeSMC.kext is working, you should see at least 2 messages somewhere before it hangs.  The first message is "Waiting for DSMOS" and the second message is "DSMOS has arrived".  Since neither of those messages appear in the picture, I'm thinking there is a problem with FakeSMC.kext.  And if there is a problem with that kext, there might be a problem with the installer because [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] installs FakeSMC.kext.  And if there is a problem with the installer, then  you need a different one.

5. An installer created by [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] has all of the files hidden.  In order to see the hidden files, you have to put the installer back onto the computer where it was created.  Then execute two commands in Terminal to unhide the files:

defaults write com.apple.Finder AppleShowAllFiles YES
killall Finder

Once you can see all of the files, you can go to the /Extra/Extensions folder on the installer and look for FakeSMC.kext.  If it isn't there, then you should look on the installer in the /System/Library/Extensions folder.

Thankyou very much guys but I can't answer to your questions by now because this problem affect a friend, not me. And by now he is trying to make a new installation using Pandora and another methods. So I'll update this post later with the hope to solve that problem.

However thank you thank you very much for the help!

Hi all,

I when I try to start the "Mac OS X installer," he is has the "Utility OS X" where inside there is "Restore from Time Machine backup" "Reinstall OS X" "Find help On-line "" Disk Utility ". And I can not display the screen to select the HD.

"http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/280756-guide-the-all-in-one-guide-to-vanilla-os-x-including-chameleon-dsdt-for-beginners-updated-for-mavericks/". 

Thanks in advance.

Sorry for my English.

And how can I use that script? Because I can't access into OS

You need a working mac to use that. I misunderstood the problem, because I'had the same "warning message" but in my case mavericks boots.

In your case there are other problems that prevent system from booting. You may try another FakeSMC.kext, the latest one for example. Also if you have an Asus Z87 board, you need a patched bios or at least a patched IntelCpuPowerManagement.kext, if not you may have some kernel panics. But first of all, try a different FakeSMC.kext

I added the file but always remains in the usual screen, the installer will not let me go, I still nell'utility os x! I'm going crazy.

Sorry for my insistence, but do I really need so much. But do I really need and are a beginner, I can not get into the OS X Installer…HELP MEE PLEASEEEEEEEEE.