Mavericks and i5 4670k (Haswell) + Z87 INSTALLATION PROBLEM

Franz22

55 posts in this topic

OK, I think I read about someone else having this problem and it had to do with them forgetting to copy the Packages folder over.

Go back to your instructions and do these steps again http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/280756-guide-the-all-in-one-guide-to-vanilla-os-x-including-chameleon-dsdt-for-beginners-updated-for-mavericks/:

2.B.Creating the OS X installer on the USB drive

6. Navigate to the one which is your USB drive, open it and go to /System/Installation. Delete the “Packages” link then create a folder called “Packages”.
7. Open a new Finder window and navigate to “Mac OS X Install ESD”. Copy everything inside the packages folder to the packages folder you have just created. This will take a while.

Thanks a lot, I installed it, but strangely there is another problem, when I type the commands "2. Type cp –R /System/Library/Extensions/NullCPUPowerManagement.kext /Volumes/"OS X"/System/Library/Extensions/

3. Type cp –R /System/Library/Extensions/FakeSMC.kext /Volumes/"OS X"/System/Library/Extensions/", tells me that does not find files in the directory, but there are good this time I checked :)

Make sure you have booted into the Installer, then answered the language question, then go to the Utilities menu and then select Terminal.

Be sure you type spaces where needed:

cp –R /System/Library/Extensions/NullCPUPowerManagement.kext /Volumes/"OS X"/System/Library/Extensions/
cp –R /System/Library/Extensions/FakeSMC.kext /Volumes/"OS X"/System/Library/Extensions/
  • Like 1

I entered the space, it is normal that when I give the sending, under I do not write anything comes out?

You mean that when you type the command and then press <Enter>, nothing is printed in Terminal?  Yes, that generally means the command was accepted and completed successfully.

When you type the word "reboot" and press <Enter>, the computer will restart.

When the computer restarts, do the next step of the instructions:

Part 4 – Booting OS X
1. Reboot your system and boot to the USB stick again but this time select your OS X install. This should boot you into your installed copy of OS X.

I don't know - there should not be a problem.  We can try something but it is not likely to work.  There is a special mach_kernel that helps with instant reboots.  The problem is that if you needed this file, you should have needed it for the installer too.  But you didn't need it for the installer, so it is not very likely to work.  But I can think of nothing else to try right now.

Put your USB drive in your other Mac.  In the same directory as the Extra folder, create a new folder called "Q".

Download and unzip the "mach_kernel" in this posting and put the mach_kernel in the folder Q: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/293503-haswell-early-reboot-mavericks-locked-msrs-and-hp-envy-15-j063cl-i7-4700mq/?p=1962889

Now put the USB drive in the Z87 computer and boot to the Installer, answer the language question, go to the Utilities menu and select Terminal.  Type the following:

cp -f /Q/mach_kernel /Volumes/"OS X"/

Now use your USB drive to try to boot your new OSX installation.

Perfect, but i have a problem with connections for internet, I have both wifi ethernet, internet works just that I do not care if he goes wifi or ethernet ....

thank you very much.

"Perfect"?  You mean using the other mach_kernel worked?

I'm sorry, I do not know how to connect to the internet as I have wifi "realtek rtl8192se" and how the integrated ethernet. does anyone know how I could fix?

I don't think the Realtek wifi is going to work.  We need to know what kind of ethernet you have.  What is the mainboard that you are using?  All we know is that it is Z87.