• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

VeganHipster

VeganHipster

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

I have gotten into the installer but I can not format my hard drive through disk utitlties. I saw that you had to enable AHCI in bios, and found out that option isn't in the Bios for my system. I then followed http://www.sevenforu...ws-7-vista.html to enable AHCI, and everything seemed to work but my hard drive still doesn't show up. Before that I also tried reinstalling Windows 7 and downgrading/upgrading my bios.

I found that IOTAfamily.kext file which supposedly fixed the problem of it not getting picked up by Disk Utilities. I installed using Kext Wizard, but to be honest I am not sure if I did that right. I chose the System/Library/Extensions option when installing the kext. 

My original problem was that I would get the Apple Logo and then a white screen and beach ball forever. I have now been booting into the installer with the -x chameleon command. Could that be causing the problem? 

This is causing a lot of headache and I really would like some help. Thank you! 

Here are my specs, just in case:

Intel Core 2 Duo running at 1.8ghz

9600gt

2gb ram

VeganHipster

VeganHipster

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

I am now able to get into the installer after following this post.

http://www.insanelym...67#entry1803835

However, my Hard Drive still isn't showing up in Disk Utilities. I will try setting it to Auto-Detect like the guy mentioned in the post above and see what happens. 

kvonlinee

kvonlinee

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 95 posts

you need the AppleAHCIPort.kext and IOATAFamily.kext

you boot with -f -x -v

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy