Installing Mavericks GM on new build - i7-4770k, Gigabyte Z87M-D3H, HD7970 - with Windows 8 dual boot

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

Supertod

Supertod

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

I'm looking to install the official Mavericks GM build (from dev center).

Currently I'm running Windows 8 from my SSD with my documents/media on an external HD. Is it possible to partition the SSD (without wiping Windows) and install Mavericks straight to that?

I gather that once the SSD is set up correctly, I need to use the myHack tool and it should be fairly simple from there right? I have access to another intel-based mac to set up myHack on my USB stick. If there's a guide you recommend feel free to post it - the more help the better :)

Thanks

BALDY_MAN

BALDY_MAN

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 269 posts

just get a secondhand sata hard drive and experiment on that than once your up and running get another sad if you wish (just my thoughts)

TaDem

TaDem

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
@BADLY_MAN I agree with, and it's much easier to install OS X on hard disk with GUID Partition, where windows only installs on a MBR hard disks.

I have similar build, with the difference of the motherboard, z87mx-d3h, i7 4770k, and GTX 780. I disabled the internal graphics.
Installation method, myHack beta 8, i created the USB installer, Mavericks GM.
When I boot into the USB, I get stuck at a gray screen.
Not sure what to do next. As far as I know, all of the hardware are supported out of the box with installing mountain lion 10.8.5

Kynyo

Kynyo

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 234 posts
  • Interests:

To bypass gray screen use GraphicsEnabler=No on org.chameleon.boot.plist.

I suggest to go with Clover EFI, it's much better, faster, EFI capable; Chameleon it's just legacy bootloader.

TaDem

TaDem

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
It worked, and the installation went smooth, thanks!

After the I booted into Mavericks, i installed the drivers with Mult1beast, installed Audi alc892 and network Intel.
For now everything working as expected.

----
I found this guide about dual booting, it's a bit old, but hope it helps
http://myhack.sojuga...ng-demystified/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy